Baby Bird.

Three.

The night air was cool, the two walked briskly towards the impala, leaning against the side of it as they go to it,

"I'm sorry Sammy"

"Why are you apologizing Robyn? none of that was your fault"

He replied as he took the keys from her hand, he unlocked the passenger door so she could get in, as he pulled the door open he found himself with his arms full of her, she nestled her face in to his neck and inhaled, he smelt good gun powder, faded aftershave, home.

"Sammy"

She felt a surge of need rush through her and turned her lips towards his neck, something in the back of her inebriated mind told her this was wrong, but it felt right almost as if she belonged there.

"Woah Robyn! lets not do anything you regret!"

He jumped as he felt her soft lips graze his collar bone, he was more concerned about what he would regret in the morning, he manoeuvred her in to the car and leaned over her making sure she was safe, with in two minutes of them driving she was protesting violently about being taken back to Bobby,she fell silent upon realizing they where heading in the opposite direction,

"So why run?"

He asked quietly,

"I didn't run"

Her eyes where beginning to feel heavy as fatigue attacked her body, he glanced over at her she was slumped against the window sleeping quietly, he pulled in to a quiet looking motel and stopped the car sitting quietly for a few seconds running his hands through his long hair, he glanced over at her still sleeping peacefully, her breath making a delicate cloud of condensation on the window each time, she was going to be the death of him, he swept a few strands of her long red hair off of her face, gently grazing his knuckles across her jaw bone biting his lip as he did, he pulled his hand away quickly as she stirred slightly remaining asleep.

He sat silently for a few seconds contemplating his situation, he loved Robyn that was a given she was his little sister, but there was something more there something bubbling under his usually calm surface, more than just a love that siblings felt for each other, something deeper, making him wonder how long had those feelings been there?.

The door let out a loud groan of protest as he pushed it open, stretching out the kinks in his body he looked around there where only a few cars which meant the motel definitely had a room free, he locked the car leaving her sleeping whilst he went and paid for the room, he opened the stiff room door with brute force and took a quick sweeping glance around, gaudy wallpaper two double beds a small kitchen and cheap dining furniture, letting out a sigh he pulled the door ajar and made his way back to the car.

He was getting too old for this sitting by the window and waiting for the impala to pull along the long drive way, his phone leaving angry red markings in his hand from how tightly he was squeezing it waiting for one of them to call just to say they where okay, he felt a certain responsibility over Sam after John had left the boys with him, he had raised them in to what they where today he was the only thing in their lives that had remained the same all the way through, as far as he was concerned finding Robyn was just another blessing in disguise, he felt his family was complete 3 gorgeous intelligent kids who looked after each other, that was until Dean opened his mouth, now his two youngest children where out there alone any number of enemies closing in on them, they could be dead, the thought made his blood run cold, he turned to see his eldest asleep on the sofa, his skin ashen but probably more concerned about Sam than anything else.

He unlocked the car door again glancing down at her sleeping form, he rubbed his eye murmuring to himself,

"Water isn't bad why does every one insist on drinking themselves in to oblivion?"

HE slipped an arms behind her shoulders and the other behind her knees lifting her gently towards his body, he shoved the car door shut with his hip and made his way in tot he motel Robyn only stirring as he lay her body down on to the bed,

"Sammy?"

"Yeah it's me Bird, just get some sleep"

She did so with no argument and with in a few seconds the small room had fallen silent only her quiet snores could be heard, he worked on pulling her boots off in order to make her more comfortable there had been times in the past where he had in fact stripped her down to her underwear, for many different reasons, recovery, comfort and more often than not so he could remove a bullet lodged in her abdomen. He toyed with the though of trying to make her more comfortable, attempting not to touch her too much, he reached up and unbuttoned her black skinny jeans slowly peeling them off as not to wake her, he chewed his cheek as he threw them across the room, he moved upwards, chewing harder now the coppery taste of blood rushing over his tongue, "C'mon Sammy control yourself", He tugged quickly at her red and cream plaid shirt, leaving the young woman in only her underwear and a clingy white vest top, he pulled the covers over her, she reacted instantly pulling them round her tighter, he smiled to himself and kissed her on the forehead,

"Goodnight Robyn"

She woke in the night glancing around her mouth dry and head spinning, she wasn't back at Bobby's she took comfort from this fact and swung her legs out of the bed, she could just make out the sun beginning to rise through the dirty window, she walked in to the small kitchenette in the corner of the dirty room, picking up the least chipped of the mugs and filling it with water splashing a few drops on her face as she did so, she took long swigs from the mug and stumbled back over to the beds, She owed Sam an apology, he had essentially saved her by dragging her sorry inebriated ass to a motel and making sure she was safe. She sat on her bed thinking for a few moments, she had always found her self talking to Sammy she had more respect for him than she did for Dean, but a physical attraction, sure he was a good....great looking guy but still her brother, a sudden need to be close to him crashed through her insides she stood slowly, watching for a few short seconds as his shoulders slowly rose and fell, she bit her lip looking at his ruffled hair, she thought back to all the things he had done for her even as small children, she felt a knot in her stomach and climbed in to bed with him silently, moving closer to him with her back against his broad chest, he moved his arm over her body, she felt safe and she couldn't thank Sam enough for everything he had done.