Status: actively being written

Friends, Lovers, or Nothing

Six.

By the time the movie was finally over, I was curled up in a ball so close to Harry I could practically feel every tiny movement his body made. When the credits started to roll and Louis stopped the film, I let out a sigh of relief and slowly peeled myself from Harry’s warm body. “Sorry.” I mumbled as I straightened out my clothing which was now wrinkled to no end.

“It’s fine, love.” He smiled down at me.

“You were so funny!” Niall laughed as he pointed towards me. “Shoulda seen your face. Priceless!”

“Ni, leave her alone.” Liam defended me as he stood up to stretch. He made his way past me and towards the bathroom and gave me a smile as he passed.

Harry slightly tightened his grip around my shoulder and gave me a kiss on the cheek. “Well, if movie time is over…” He trailed off as he began to stand up.

“Hold it right there.” Zayn stepped in. “We’re not done hanging out.”

“I thought we were.” Louis shrugged. Niall didn’t seem to care one way or another as he began typing on his phone.

“Whatcha doin’?” I asked Niall as I left Harry’s side and kneeled besides the seat Niall was in.

“Oh, not much. Just tweeting this photo of you from the-”

“You wouldn’t.” I cut him off with a glare.

“Already done.” He grinned and put his phone down.

Beep beep beep my phone went off since I had all of five of the guys twitter notifications set up.

@NiallOfficial: Hazz’s new girl during Paranormal Activity. #bigbaby #atleastshescute the tweet was accompanied by a photo of myself nuzzled into Harry’s side, my hand covering most of my face.

“I swear, I will kill you.” I looked up at him from my phone.

“Atleast it’s a nice photo of you.” He pointed out. “I made sure not to post any that you wouldn’t approve of.”

i just shook my head as my phone began buzzing like crazy with twitter notifications. “Holy, shit. How did they find my account?” I asked in shock. None of the boys had even asked what it was so I knew they couldn’t have been the ones to give it out.

“Our fans have their ways.” Zayn laughed. “Don’t worry about what they say.”

“Actually, some of these are kinda sweet. Not too many, but a couple.” I smiled as I read a few. “There’s a lot of ‘hey go die’ type comments but a few that say I’m pretty and that Hazz is pretty lucky.” I gave giggled as I put my phone on silent and put it away.

“I’m taking Katy now.” Harry stood up from his seat. “We can all hang out later for dinner or something.”

Harry grabbed onto my hand and began to lead me from Louis’ room and I just waved goodbye to all of the boys before exiting the room. We made our way back to Harry’s room and I went to the kitchen to grab some water. “We’re not picking up where we left off, just a heads up.” I smirked at Harry who was already in the process of taking his shirt off.

“Hey, I like to walk around with as little clothes as possible. I never said this was for you.” He winked before sitting on the couch. “What shall we do till dinner?”

“Take a nap.” I laughed with a sigh.

“No way. We have to do something. We could watch another movie, talk, play a game, anything. You pick.”

I thought for a moment as I took a sip of my water. “I suppose we could watch another movie. But, something happy this time. No more scary stuff.”

We turned the TV on and looked through the movies that were available and Harry handed me the remote, letting the choice be mine. I flipped through all of the options and was so tempted to watch The Princess Diaries. Harry noticed how excited I got when I noticed it was an option and told me we could watch it. I told him we didn’t have to, I didn’t think it was something he’d want to spend his time watching. “If you like this, we’ll watch it.” He smiled.

“If you insist…” I smiled as I turned the movie on and moved closer to Harry’s spot on the couch. I kissed him on the cheek quickly before turning my head to the screen. “You know, I absolutely adore Julie Andrews.” I told him. “Mary Poppins, The Sound of Music, this, she’s flawless in everything.”

“You’re flawless.” Harry said in an almost inaudible voice. I didn’t acknowledge that I heard him because he didn’t mean for me to hear him.

We sat on the couch, just watching the story of Mia in her transformation into a princess unfold on the screen. Not even half way through Harry’s phone began to ring nonstop so I paused the film for him so he could take the call.

He left the room to take it and came back moments later laughing while putting his phone in his pocket. I raised an eyebrow in confusion of what he was laughing at and Harry just shook his head and motioned for me to start the movie again, so I did. I’m sure whatever he was laughing about had to do with the guys who were only a few rooms over, probably trying to speculate what we were doing at this very moment.

I must have dozed off at some point in the movie because the next thing I knew the credits were rolling and I was curled up with my head laying on the armrest of the couch. I sat up and looked around and notice that Harry was no longer sitting next to me. “Harry?” I called out. There was no response so I got up to make my way to the bathroom to freshen up. A few minutes later I heard the door to the room open so I went out expecting Harry but found Louis instead. “Hey.” I greeted with a smile.

“Uhhh… Is Harry here?” He asked cautiously. They must think we can’t keep our hands off each other when we’re in private. Well, they aren’t completely wrong, but still.

“Nope. We were watching a movie, I fell asleep, and he was gone.” I answered walking to the kitchen to grab a water. “Want anything to drink?”

“Sure, a water would be great.”

“Do you know where he might have gone?” I asked as I handed Lou the water and sat on one of the chairs in the living room.

“No idea.” He shook his head before taking a sip of water. “I was going to see if you two wanted to go to the beach or something…”

“I’m down to go.” I grinned. “I don’t want to sit in this room all day. I need more sun!”

“Well, then let’s go!” Louis cheered standing from the couch and leading out of Harry’s room. “Should we see if the other lads wanna go?”

“Your choice.” I shrugged my shoulders.

“Nah, just you and me!”

~~

Louis and I were walking down the boardwalk listening to all the different performers hanging around and just having a good time. We joked around, had some somewhat meaningful conversation, ate some street foods, just had an all around great afternoon. It was just before sunset and I pulled him all the way to the sand and plopped down to take in the view. I patted the sand next to me motioning for him to join me, which he did.

“This is one of my favorite things to do.” I said softly, watching the sky change colors.

“I love to watch the sunset when I can.” He agreed. We sat and watched the sky turn from blue to a vibrant orange and pink.

My phone began to ring and I pulled it out of my bag. “Well, well, well. Look who finally came out of his hiding place.” I laughed, showing Louis my phone. He snatched it out of my hand and hit answer.

“Well, hello Mr. Styles!” Louis bellowed into the phone. “So nice of you to finally emerge from wherever you were.”

I heard the buzzing of Harry’s voice on the other end and watched Louis’ expression as he just nodded along to whatever Harry said. There were a few “mhmmm.. yeah.. okay…” responses before he hung up. “So?” I asked taking my phone back.

“He said he had to go do blahblahblah.” He laughed looking back at the sky.

“You’re really great at passing messages.” I scoffed. “Did he say whether he wanted me to go back to the hotel to hang out, or?”

“He said he wanted you back at the hotel immediately. But, we’re not leaving yet. Let’s make him suffer in revenge for disappearing.”

I just laughed and agreed as we waited a bit longer to watch the sky and then head to the car and back to the hotel. Harry was waiting in the lobby, pacing like someone whose daughter was three hours past curfew.

“There you are!” He smiled running over and hugging me and then Louis. “Lou, I told you to hurry back.”

“It’s not his fault.” I defended. “There was, traffic.”

Louis winked at me before heading to the elevator. “Sorry I took off earlier. I had some stuff with an old friend to deal with.”

“Mhmmm.” I responded before following after Louis to the elevator. “You missed out on a beautiful sunset.”

Harry came running along behind me and placed his arm around my waist. “Sorry.” He said softly into my ear before kissing my cheek.

“You owe me.” I pouted as I crossed my arms, waiting for the next elevator.

“And how would you like me to make it up to you?”

“A million dollars.” I teased. “kidding, of course. A kiss will be just enough, I think. Maybe two.”

“That can be arranged.” He smiled before pressing his lips to mine. It was a long kiss, his lips so soft. “Is that one enough or do you need a second?”

“Yeah, I’m definitely gonna need a second to make up for-” He cut me off by pressing his lips to mine again. This time with more force and for a bit longer. We only broke apart when we did when the elevator dinged letting us know it was opening.

I put my hand out for Harry to hold and he took it as I lead him into the elevator. We stood in the back corner as a few other hotel guests joined us. “Oh. My. God. Are you Harry Styles?” A girl, probably around fifteen squealed.

Harry just chuckled and nodded his head yes. “I take it you’re a fan?”

“Yes! I love you! Wait, who’s she?” The girl asked, pointing at me with a look of distaste.

“Oh, this is Katy.” Harry said cheerfully pulling me closer to him. “Isn’t she lovely?”

“Oh, uhmm.. I guess you could say that.” She faked a smile and turned back towards Harry. “So, what are you doing in LA?”

“We’re recording. And just taking some time to have a bit of fun. Are you from the area or just visiting?” Harry tried to make nice.

“I live a couple states over. I saw you guys play in my hometown last year. It was amazing.” She grinned.

I just looked around at the couple with her who appeared to be her parents. They sent me an apologetic look, knowing what their daughter thought or me. I sent them a quick smile and pulled my phone out to text Liam.

“Crazy fan in the elevator. She’s going to kill me. Haha.” I texted. Almost right away I had a response.

“I’m on my way to rescue you!” Liam’s text read.

“Haha I’ve got Hazz with me. But thanks for the offer batman. ;) “

Soon the elevator dinged again and the woman ushered the girl out of the elevator. The doors closed and I let out a sigh of relief. “How long do you think it’ll be before I’m a trending twitter hashtag?” I laughed to Harry.

“Probably in no time at all. Especially if she got a picture to send out.” He tried to laugh it off.

When we got to our floor, Liam was waiting outside of the elevator doors. “Where is she?” He asked looking around the now empty space. “She better not..”

“You texted him?” Harry asked a bit in disbelief.

“You were the one talking to that girl while I sat by awkwardly. I needed something to do instead of stand there like an idiot.” I defended myself.

“Yeah, I’m gonna go now.” Liam laughed and walked away.

“Why does it bother you so much that Liam and I are becoming such good friends?” I genuinely asked, a bit of sadness in my voice as we stood in the middle of the hallway.

“Let’s not talk about it.” He said stepping around me and walking to his door.

I grabbed his arm to stop him. “Harry, you need to tell me what’s bothering you.”

I could see that he was fighting himself over whether or not to share. He sighed and continued to the room. I followed behind and when we were inside and the door was closed, I asked one more time. “I just, I don’t like it.”

“Harry,” I started.

“No, it’s just you two are getting to know each other way better than you and I are getting to know each other. I mean, I’m the one taking you on dates and stuff. I sound so stupid right now.” He huffed, rubbing his hands on his face and sitting on the edge of the bed.

“Hey,” I smiled, taking my hand and gently lifting it so he was looking at me. “all you had to do was say something and I’d have fixed it. If you want to get to know me better, then I’ll tell you whatever you want.”

He pulled me down to sit on the bed next to him and gave a weak smile. “Okay, tell me about your childhood.”

“I grew up here in California but down in the San Diego area. I loved to surf when I was a kid. Mexican food has been my main food source since I was old enough to eat real food.” I smiled giving him a bit of information. “Oh, in high school, I didn’t have a ton of friends. I went to prom solo, but it was still pretty cool. I went to community college for a bit after I graduated but gave up on it because it wasn’t what I really wanted.”

“You really went to prom alone?” He asked completely shocked. “Look at you, you’re trying to tell me no one wanted to take you?”

“Nope.” I shook my head. It wasn’t exactly my favorite topic to talk about. Not being asked to prom isn’t exactly one for the highlight reel.

“I’m going to throw you a makeshift prom tomorrow. You can wear that blue dress you just got.” He said excitedly.

“You don’t have to do that.” I placed a hand on his knee and gave a light laugh.

“But I want to.”

I agreed, I wasn’t going to get into an argument because he wanted to be nice. His jealousy of Liam and my friendship was a bit confusing to me, I really didn’t think it would cause a problem but maybe admitting that Liam was the one I was basically obsessed with before we met made him more insecure than I had expected. Sharing that may not have been my best move. But, I knew that Liam was in a relationship and I’ve never been one to be okay with trying things with a taken man. Plus, this cute guy sitting next to me was trying so hard to get to know me and make me happy with things like makeshift proms. I really didn’t want to distance myself from Liam, because he truly was becoming a great friend, but if it meant making Harry happy and feel more secure with where our relationship was going, I’d do it.

“Harry?” I smiled as he turned to look at me. “You’re really too sweet.” I pecked his lips quickly.

He just smiled and kissed me back. My phone buzzed, I checked the screen to see none other than Liam texting me. “Who is it?” Harry asked.

“It’s no one.” I lied and went to toss my phone in my bag. “So, what’s the plan for the rest of the night?”

“Your choice.” He grinned.

“I vote, we watch another movie. But you have to pick this time.”

“Deal. And then I’ll take you home after to you have plenty of time to get ready for your prom tomorrow.”

Our prom.” I winked and walked over to the couch to get settled in for another movie with Harry.
♠ ♠ ♠
Soooo.... yeah. Here's the new chapter. haha.
Leave your thoughts, opinions, whatever.
There's a chance that I might have to start posting less often. I got a job today (first job ever woohoo) and I have orientation Saturday and I probably start next week so... yeah. Once I know what my schedule will be like I'll figure out how this is gonna end up working with school and everything as well.
Okay, anyways... Like I said, leave some feedback for me.
I'll start working on the next chapter tomorrow probably. :)