Status: oneshot!

Ready?

hello yes this is story

Kellin and Vic woke up, bright and early, with dull expressions and tired eyes. It was the dreaded first day of school, and to be honest, not a student in their high school was looking forward to it. Hell, not even the teachers wanted to go, but they kept coming back for their shitty paycheck that was enough to feed their middle-class families, pay the bills, keep the water hot, and spoil their kids with a toy they’ll forget about in two months.

Their dress choice was simple, casual, despite their want to show up in pajamas. Kellin, jeans and a simple blue tee; Vic, a questionable button up paired with medium wash jean shorts. Both had mismatched socks because, why the fuck not?

On their walk to the school, they met up half-way through, greeting each other with a peck and a hug, making sure the coast was completely clear. Secret relationships can be fun, but are too damn hard to maintain. They had big plans for the day.

They walked the rest of the way to hell-

ahem

-the school with linked hand, ignoring the shakiness of their wrists and sweaty palms. Those things don’t matter when you’re with your loved one. But, soon enough, they showed up at the front of the school, and had to drop hands; their peers didn’t need to know just yet.

“You ready?” Vic asked Kellin, his hands placed on his shoulders, making the smallest, softest circles.

“As ready as I’ll ever be. You?”

“Excellent. We got this, Kels.”

Kellin smiled, “yeah. I know we do.”

And with that, they went their separate ways, Kelling heading over to Jesse and Jack, while Vic spotted Jaime sprinting towards him, Tony trailing behind, rolling his eyes with a light chuckle.

I’m not gonna say that the boys didn’t have a suspicion about Kellin and Vic – they’re not complete idiots – but they could never quite put their finger on it. Go figure.

Both Vic and Kellin greeted their friends with ‘hey guys!’ and bro-hugs. Oh, how similar they are.
-

They had three classes together; Algebra 2, Art, and Gym.

In Algebra, they sent each other knowing glances from the second and third rows, seeing how they might be able to manage love-note passing from the small distance that was still too big.

Art held a better placement; they had free seating, and Vic automatically ran to Kellin at the table in the back-left and basically sat hip-to-hip. They shared a secret bag of cookies, and snickered at their art teacher’s stupid moustache. He looked like the lorax.

Gym was easy for the first day. The coaches just set up dodgeballs and had the kids play. Kellin, being the little shit he is, went on the opposite team of Vic. But he soon regretted it once Vic started hurling the red rubber globes of pain at Kellin, all with a shit-eating grin on his face.

“Ow!” Kellin yelped, rubbing the spot on his arm Vic got, only to make Vic laugh. “Asshole.”

“You’re the one who went on the other side!”

-

After the bell rang, the halls were chaos, bigger kids racing to the door, trampling over the frightened freshmen. Kellin watched from the side, giggling at the horrified looks of new kids.

“Got ya’!” a voice from behind yelled, pinching Kellin around the waist, making him jump up and squeal.

“Vic!” Kellin yelling, hitting him on the head with a flexi-folder. Vic just laughed, wiping fake tears from his eyes.

“Oh Kellin,” he choked out, grabbing his stomach for the last of his chuckles. “You’re too easy to scare.”

“You’re an ass,” Kellin pouted, crossing his arms.

“But you love it,” Vic said, bringing Kellin closer, and almost kissing him. He stopped when he realized they were in school, but they wouldn’t worry about that for too long.

They grabbed each other’s hands again, and walked to Vic’s house, where they knew Kellin’s parents would be hanging out. It was tradition for the two families to get together after the first day of school, and spend time, doing random things until it was time for dinner. They switched houses every year, and this time it was Vic’s.

“Ready to tell them about us?” Kellin asked Vic when they reached the front door.

Vic recalled Kellin’s words from earlier.

“As ready as I’ll ever be.”
♠ ♠ ♠
enjoy!! c: