Of Hearts and Hockey Sticks

GAME DAY!!!! (part 2)

~opening face off,Sid wins~

Sid:(passes puck to Duper)

Duper:(passes it back)

Kelsi:(Breaks up ice, crosses blue line just as Sid does)

Sid:(sees Kelsi,passes to her)

Kelsi:(takes the puck and goes backhand top shelf.scores!)"YES!!!!"

Sid:(skates to Kelsi)"Good job!"

~the team congratulates Kelsi, by the end of the first period Pittsburgh is up 2-0. Kelsi has a goal and an assist, Sid has a goal and an assist and Duper has two assists~

~Penguins locker room~

Dan:"Good job team! Especially my top line, keep playing hard!"

~Flyers locker room~

Berube:"WHAT THE F**K WAS THAT?! I TOLD YOU TO COVER THAT LITTLE BITCH AND GIVE HER NO ROOM!"

Giroux:"Sorry coach, she's faster and stronger than she looks!"

Berube:"I DON'T CARE! NEXT PERIOD YOU GET OUT THERE AND COVER HER ASS! IF IT LOOKS LIKE SHE'S GONNA GET THE PUCK THROW HER INTO THE BOARDS!"

Talbot:"She could get hurt!"

Berube:"EXACTLY!"

Giroux:"Coach, Talbo is right. We shouldn't go out there and deliberately try to hurt her."

Berube:"Why not! You wanna lose?!"

Giroux:"Well no, but I don't want to have to hurt someone to win! I'm not that big of an asshole!"

Berube:"YOU'RE ALL A BUNCH OF PUSSIES! LETS GO THE PERIOD IS ABOUT TO START!"

~on the ice~

Giroux:(finds Sid)"Crosby!"

Sid:"What?"

Giroux:"Berube is telling all of us to go after Kelsi. He said to throw her into the boards every time she's near the puck. Most of us,myself included said we wouldn't try to hurt her on purpose but a few people might."

Sid:"Thanks for letting me know."

Giroux:"You're welcome. Keep her safe Crosby."

Sid:"I will.(finds Dan) COACH!"

Dan:"Sid? What's wrong?"

Sid:"Berube told his whole team to throw Kelsi into the boards whenever she's near the puck. A lot of them refuse to do it, but a few might."

Dan:"That asshole! He wants to deliberately hurt her!"

Sid:"Try to keep us on the ice together as much as you can so i can try to protect her."

Dan:"Of course!"

~second period goes by without a goal and Kelsi stays perfectly safe~

~Third period starts. Goes by quickly, one minute left. Kelsi goes and scores another goal! As she's celebrating Scott Hartnell comes up behind her and sends her into the boards. She lays on the ice motionless.~

Sid:(skates over and kneels on the ice next to her)"Babe? Come on please get up."

Kelsi:(starts to regain consciousness)

Sid:(calls over team medics)

Medics:(examine Kelsi, suspect a concussion and neck injury. Call for a stretcher)

Kelsi:(strapped to the stretcher,loaded into the ambulance)

Sid:(runs to locker room and changes into street clothes, hops in ambulance with Kelsi.)

~At the hospital~

Sid:(in waiting room, sees Kelsi's doctor)"How is she?!"

Doctor:"She's doing alright but she definitely has a concussion and a neck injury. She'll miss at least a month if she's lucky. She might miss more than that though."

Sid:"As long as she's somewhat ok."

Doctor:"She's stable. And she can go home in the morning."

Sid:"Alright. Thank you.(calls Dan)"

~Phone convo~

Dan:"Hello?"

Sid:"Hey coach it's Sid."

Dan:"How is she?"

Sid:"she's got a concussion and a neck injury. The doctor said at least a month until she can play again."

Dan:"Great. Well looks like Kuni will be rejoining you and Duper. Ray will probably call up a rookie and Beau will move up with Geno and Nealer."

Sid:"Sounds good, she's being released in the morning."

Dan:"And let me guess you're staying with her tonight."

Sid:"Absolutely."

Dan:"Alright I'll see you two tomorrow then, get some rest Sid."

Sid:"Ok. Bye"

~Claude Giroux walks in, sees Sid.~

Giroux:"Hey.(sadly) How is she?"

Sid:"Concussion and neck injury. She's gonna miss at least a month."

Giroux:"Im sorry man. I tried to keep everyone from hurting her."

Sid:"It's alright. I just don't understand why your coach targeted her specifically."

Giroux:"Because she's a girl and he thinks she slept her way into the NHL."

Sid:"Yeah. That pisses me off. She didn't sleep her way here!"

Giroux:"I know man. She's a damn good player."

Sid:"Yeah she is."

Giroux:"Well Im gonna head out. I just came to give her mine, talbo and coots regards. Along with everyone else's besides berubes and hartsys."

Sid:"Alright man ill see ya."

Giroux:"Keep us posted?"

Sid:"Sure. I'll text Max updates so he can share them with the rest of you."

Giroux:"Alright bye."