Of Hearts and Hockey Sticks

Stanley Cup Final.... Game 7

Dan:" Alright guys, this is the moment you have been chasing all season. Lets go out there and show this Colorado team that we won't back down. Nisky, read off the starters."
Nisky:" on forward, Kel-Kel, Sid and Duper. On defense Hakuna and Brooksy. Flower in the cage!"
Dan:"LET'S GO!"
~All head out to the ice, the Consol Energy Center is jumpin with anticipation and enthusiasm~
Sid:(looks at Kelsi)" You ready?"
Kelsi:(nervous) "yeah I guess.... What if I screw up?"
Sid:"Hey, don't worry you're not gonna screw up. And even if you do, it doesn't matter."
Kelsi:"Yes it does!!!"
Sid:(shakes his head)"no it doesn't... You can't put that kind of pressure on yourself. I did the first time we made a Stanley cup final since I started in the NHL and we lost."
Kelsi:"Ok.... I'm really nervous"
Sid:(grabs her)"Come here. Don't be nervous baby, you'll make yourself sick."
Kelsi:(looks at him)"Ok. You'll have my back if I wreck this game and all the boys wanna kill me. Right?!?!"
Sid:(stifles a laugh)"Of course baby. But I can assure you the guys won't try to kill you, no matter what happens."
Kelsi:"okay. (Smiles) thanks babe, I owe you one."
Sid:"I have a few ideas of how you can pay me back if we win (winks)"
Kelsi:(slaps him in the chest) "you are terrible!"
Sid:"Sure I am."
Kelsi:"Glad you admit it!"
Sid:(about to respond. Duper interrupts)
Duper:"Alright, come on lovebirds! We have a Stanley cup to win!"
Announcer:" and now please welcome.... Your Pittsburgh Penguins!"
~they follow the rest of the team onto the ice~
Kelsi:(sees Max and Nathan)"TALBO! MACK!"
Nathan:(turns)"Hi Kelsi!"
Max:(skates over) " bonjour ma belle"
Kelsi:"Bonjour Maxie!"
Max:" bonne amie de chance."
Kelsi:" meme de vous Maxie"
Max: " je dois aller ma cherie"
Kelsi:" ok je t'aime"
Max:"Je t'aime trip dire Sid j'ai dit salut"
Kelsi:" je le ferai"
Max:" merci ma cheri"
Kelsi:(skates over to Sid)
Sid:"What was that all about?"
Kelsi:"Nothing. Max just said hi and wished us luck."
Sid:"Oh ok."
Kelsi:"Yeah....... I miss him Sid."
Sid:"I know, I do too. I wish Ray would just offer him a contract this summer but I doubt he will."
Kelsi:(sadly) "I want my Maxie back."
Sid:"I know you do. I'll see if I can convince Ray to bring back Max okay?"
Kelsi:"Ok."
Sid:"You alright now?"
Kelsi:"Yeah I'm fine."
Sid:"Good! We have a Stanley Cup to win!"
Kelsi:"Let's show these bitches who's boss!"
~they lineup for the opening faceoff.~
Sid:(wins draw and passes it over to Kelsi)
Kelsi:(goes down and shoots on Avs goalie Semyon Varlamov)
Varlamov:(saves it) "Nice try princess!"
Kelsi:(gives him the finger)"Fuck off." (Skates back to bench)
~period ends at 0-0. With 2 minutes left in the game score still at 0-0 Sid,Duper and Kelsi end up out against Marc-Andre Cliche, Cody McLeod and Max~
Max:(to Kelsi)" bon jeu amoureux jusqu'ici"
Kelsi:(smiles)"merci, vous etes pas mal non plus Maxie"
Max:(smiles back)
Kelsi:(Sees the puck drop calls for it)
Sid:(passes it to Kelsi)
Kelsi:(breaks away from Max and goes streaking down the ice. Does a triple-deke and fakes Varlamov out of his pads. Wires a high, hard wrister over Varlmovs head and....... SCORES!)
Dan:"THAT'S MY GIRL!"
Sid:(grabs Kelsi and hugs her)"Great job baby!"
Kelsi:(blushes)"Thanks."
~Head to center ice and take the final faceoff, Sid wins and holds the puck as the Penguins watch the final seconds pass. The clock reads 0:00 and.... THE PITTSBURGH PENGUINS ARE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!~
Dan:"Fuck yeah bitches!"
~Penguins and Avalanche shake hands and the Avalanche stand by as the Penguins are awarded the Prince of Wales trophy and the Stanley Cup~
Gary Bettman:"It is my pleasure to ask Alternate Captains Chris Kunitz,Brooks Orpik and Evgeni Malkin as well as Captain Sidney Crosby to present them with the Prince of Wales trophy."
~Arena breaks out in cheers~
Bettman:"I would also like to present the Conn Smythe Trophy to the player many feel helped their team reach this point the most during these playoffs, and that player is........ Kelsi Evevsky!"
Kelsi:(starts to cry,skates over to Bettman)
Bettman:" Now allow me to ask Pittsburgh Penguins captain Sidney Crosby up here to accept the Stanley Cup on behalf of his team."
Sid:(skates over, poses with the cup and takes it for a lap. Hands it over to Kelsi)"I love you baby, take this and go for your glory lap, you deserve it"
Kelsi:(takes it from Sid and takes a lap)
~Rest of the team holds the cup and takes victory laps. The celebration continues back in the locker room~
Max:(pops in with Nathan)"ou est le mvp?!"
Kelsi:"Maxie! Nathan! Bons de jeu!"
Max:"Grace bebe, grand gagnant du jeu en cours de route. Si nous devions perdre, je suis content que ce soit a cause de vous"
Kelsi:(about to respond, Sid interrupts)
Sid:"Guys can you please speak English? I can speak French but not that much and most of the rest of the team can't speak any."
Max:"Oops. Sorry Sid."
Sid:"It's fine Talbo."
Max:"Alright. Hey, do you think all of us can head out somewhere later and catch up? I miss you guys so much."
Sid:"Yeah sure Talbo. We miss you too....hey you still with that girl?"
Max:"Jess? Yeah why?"
Sid:"Is she here with you?"
Max:"Of course."
Sid:"Good. Bring her with you tonight alright?"
Max:"Sure man. We'll leave you to celebrate. See ya later."
Sid:"Yeah see ya."
♠ ♠ ♠
Notes
French Translations:

bonjour ma belle~ hello my beautiful
Bonjour Maxie~ Hello Maxie
bonne amie de chance~ good luck friend
meme de vous Maxie~ Same to you Maxie
je dois aller ma cherie~ I have to go my darling
ok je t'aime~ ok i love you
Je t'aime trip dire Sid j'ai dit salut~ I love you too, tell Sid i said hi.
je le ferai~ I will
merci ma cheri~ thank you my darling
bon jeu amoureux jusqu'ici~ Good game so far
merci, vous etes pas mal non plus Maxie~ thanks, youre not bad either Maxie
ou est le mvp?!~ Where's the MVP?!
Maxie! Nathan! Bons de jeu!~ Maxie! Nathan! Good Game!
Grace bebe, grand gagnant du jeu en cours de route. Si nous devions perdre, je suis content que ce soit a cause de vous~ Congrats baby on the game winner. If we had to lose I'm glad it was because of you

Despite the conversations Kelsi and Max are NOT together. Max is just like a big brother