Of Hearts and Hockey Sticks

The Beginning of the Rest of Our Lives

~March 17, 4 am~
Kelsi:(wakes up in a panic)"Sid! Wake up!"
Sid:(stays asleep)
Kelsi:"Come on! Wake up!" (Shakes him awake)
Sid:"Wha? (Looks at clock) it's 4 in the morning, why the fuck did you wake me up?! (Comes to realization) oh shit! Let's go (jumps out of bed and grabs her overnight bag, the baby bag) ok ready!"
Kelsi:(stifles a laugh)"Um babe, you do realize, you don't have pants. Right?"
Sid:(looks down)"Oops. (Grabs a pair of sweats and pulls them on) NOW we can go!"
~3 hours later~
Sid:(holding 2 of the boys, hears his phone go off)"Hello?"
Phone Convo:
Coach Johnston: "Where are you? The plane is leaving in 20 minutes and you're not here yet!"
Sid:(curses under his breath)"I'm not going."
Johnston:"What do you mean you're not going?!"
Sid:"Kelsi went into labor at 4 o'clock this morning. I've been at the hospital since 4:30. Normally, I would have let you know. But it slipped my mind."
Johnston:(sighs) "Are you going to miss just one game? Or both?"
Sid:"I'm not sure yet. I want to make sure Kelsi and the babies are alright. They're almost 3 weeks early."
Johnston:"Well alright I guess...... quadruplets right?"
Sid:"Yeah. All boys."
Johnston:"Have you guys decided on names?"
Sid:"Yeah. Easton Sidney, Breckin Kristopher, Hunter Patrick and Beau Keaton"
Johnston:"Easton, Breckin, Hunter and Beau Crosby. I can't wait to meet them."
Sid:"Once we're sure they're ok I'll bring them to the rink so everyone can meet them."
Johnston:"Sounds good. Have you chosen the godparents?"
Sid:"Yeah, Carole-Lynn and Duper are Easton's god parents. Kuni and Maureen are Breckin's god parents. Flower and Vero are Hunter's godparents. And Beau is Beau's godfather, no god mother. That's what Kelsi wanted."
Johnston:"Ah. Do they know yet?"
Sid:"No. I don't think it'll be a shock to Kuni, Flower or Duper but I think Beau will be very surprised."
Kelsi:(in the background)"He may even cry!"
Sid:(to Kelsi, laughing)"Stop it. It's not Sunshine's fault he's sensitive!"
Johnston:(laughing)"You two are too much. The planes here. Keep us posted"
Sid:"Alright, bye"
~end phone convo~
~4 days later~
Dr.: *comes in* " how are we feeling?"
Kelsi:"Great!"
Dr.:(laughs) "alright then. The babies are doing very well. You can go home today. I'll have the nurses bring the babies in and you can get them fed and dressed. I'll be in with your discharge papers in about a half hour."
Kelsi:"Alright. Thank you!"
~10 minutes later, the nurses bring the babies in~
Kelsi:(to Sid)"I'll get Easton and Hunter, you get Breckin and Beau?"
Sid:"Sure"
~20 minutes later, the boys are all dressed in Crosby jerseys, jeans and black and yellow reeboks~
Dr.:(walks in, hands Kelsi her discharge papers)"You, my dear, are free to go."
Kelsi:"FINALLY!"
Sid:(laughs)"C'mon, the boys got in at 7 this morning (looks at clock) it's 2 in the afternoon now and Kuni texted me that they'd be at the rink if I wanted to drop in. I was thinking the six of us should go surprise them (straps Breckin and Beau's car seats in, gets in driver seat)"
Kelsi:(straps Easton and Hunters car seats in, gets in passenger seat)"Sounds good baby. Let's go"
♠ ♠ ♠
SOOO SORRY FOR THE DELAY! Life has been hectic! I'll try to update much more frequently.

I also have a new story i'm working on. it's called "Every Time You Kiss Me (Sunshine and Whiskey)" it's a Beau Bennett/OC fic. Please check it out :)