Of Hearts and Hockey Sticks

We're Family, Whether You Like it or Not

~That night, at the game~

Beau:"I have to go check with Mario that I can sit in the family box. They usually want us in the press box"

Kelsi:"I'll come with you. Can you take Beau and Breckin?"

Beau:"of course! (Takes Beau and Breckin's carseats) we need to get them Bennett jerseys."

Kelsi:"Yeah, no. They're Crosby's, the only jerseys they'll be wearing are Crosby."

Beau:"Aw, you're mean!"

Kelsi:"And you're a moron"

Beau:"I am not!"

Kelsi:"yeah, you kinda are."

Beau:(glares)"Thats rude."

Kelsi:(rolls eyes)"You know I'm kidding."

Beau:"I know"

~at Mario's office~

Beau:(knocks on door)

Mario:"Come in"

Beau:(walks in with Kelsi behind him)"Hello sir."

Mario:(looks up)"Hello Beau, I've told you before to call me Mario. What can I do for you?"

Beau:"I was just wondering if I could sit in the family box with Kelsi. Most of the wags are home with sick kids."

Mario:"You know that's not how we do things"

Beau:"Alright Mario, thanks anyway."

Mario:"Wait."

Beau:"Yes Mario?"

Mario:"I said that's not how we do things, that doesn't mean I won't make an exception. You can sit in the family box for TONIGHT only."

Beau:"Alright. Thank you!"

~upstairs in family suite~

Kelsi:(walks in holding Easton and Hunter)

Beau:(walks in holding Breckin and Beau)

Kelsi:(sees Vero)"VERO!!!"

Vero:(turns)"KELSI! (Sees Beau) oh hi Beau."

Beau:"Hi Vero."

Kelsi:(sets the carseats down and gives Vero a hug.)"How have you been?"

Vero:"That's what I should be asking you!"

Kelsi:(laughs)"I'm good. Babies keeping me on my toes, but I like it."

Vero:(nods)"you always seemed like the type that would thrive in motherhood."

Beau:(walks over to Kelsi, sets Breckin and Beau next to Hunter and Easton.)

Vero:"oh Beau, are you sitting here today?"

Beau:(nods)

Kelsi:(joking)"I can't get rid of him!"

Beau:"I'll go then. Bye Vero, nice seeing you."

Kelsi:"BeauBear, I was kidding. Come sit with us."

Beau:"I know you were kidding. Can I hold baby Beau?"

Kelsi:"Of course."

Beau:(takes Beau out of his carseat)

Kelsi:(to Vero)"Where is little Alex? And Catherine?"

Vero:"Catherine is sick, I picked up Alex so he could still come. Estelle and him are playing over there. (Points to the toy area where Alex is standing on a plastic picnic table, throwing plastic fruit at Estelle) Alexander Letang! You don't throw things, especially not at other people. Do I need to call mama?"

Alex:(crying)"No Aunty Vero! I be good, I pwomise!"

Vero:"Alright. (To Alex and Estelle) do you want to come meet the new babies?"

Alex:"Babies?!"

Estelle:(walks over to Vero)

Vero:"Yes Alex, babies"

Alex:(runs over to Kelsi) "I wook at you babies?"

Kelsi:"(laughs) Sure buddy. The one on the end is Easton, then Hunter, then Breckin. And Sunshine is holding Beau."

Alex:(eyes wide)"BEAU A BABY NOW?!"

Kelsi:(laughs)"No sweetheart. The babies name is Beau too."

Alex:"Ohhhhh. They so wittle."

Kelsi:"Yes they are. But someday they'll be big, and then you'll be able to play with them."

Estelle:"Pwetty babies."

Kelsi:"thank you Stelle"

Estelle:"You vewy wecome."

~Estelle and Alex go back to the toy area just as the game is starting~

Vero:"So, you miss the ice?"

Kelsi:"Yeah, but I mean. I wouldn't trade my kids for anything."

Vero:"You can always go back to it you know."

Kelsi:"I know. I don't think I will though."

Vero:"Why not?"

Kelsi:"Nobody will take me seriously."

Vero:"They took you seriously last year!"

Kelsi:"that was last year. This year I've missed every game, and I'll miss the rest too."

Vero:"You could still go back maybe season after next. The boys will be almost a year and a half at that point."

Kelsi:"I'll think about it. (Hears baby Beau start to cry) Sunshine, want me to take him?"

Beau:(shakes head)"It's alright"(Rocks baby Beau back to sleep)

Kelsi:"Wow Sunshine, you're a natural."

Beau:"Thanks."

Kelsi:"One day, you're gonna make a great daddy."

Beau:"I sure hope so."

Kelsi:"You will."

Beau:(smiles)

Kelsi:(smiles, sees Sid score) "YEAH BABY!!!!"

Sid:(looks up into the family box, points and holds up 4 fingers as if to say that was for the babies.)

Kelsi:(smiles, to Beau)"So how ya been Sunshine? You and Bortz liking the new place."

Beau:(shrugs)"I guess. Megs is staying with us now though."

Kelsi:"Little cramped then huh?"

Beau:(nods)"It's barely big enough for Bortz and I. Then we add Jay in and its super cramped."

Kelsi:"You can come stay with us again while Jays here if you want? I mean if you don't mind crying babies at 3:30 in the morning."

Beau:"Kels. You don't have to do that, you and Sid did your part last year by letting Bortz and I live there so we weren't stuck in a lease somewhere we hated. I can't ask you to take me in again."

Kelsi:"Beau you didn't ask, I offered. Sid won't mind I'm sure."

Beau:(sighs)"I feel like I'm constantly taking from you guys, but never giving anything back."

Kelsi:(rolls eyes)"do you really think you owe us anything? Because you don't."

Beau:"But..."

Kelsi:(holds up hand, cuts him
off)"No buts. You owe us NOTHING. The reason I'm opening our home up to you isn't because I feel sorry for you. It's because you're my best friend, and I know you're not happy about jay being in your space, as much as you claim it doesn't bother you."

Beau:"It doesn't bother me."

Kelsi:"Bullshit Beau! I'm not stupid, I can see you don't actually want jay there. It's written all over your face. But you put up with it, because Jay is your friend."

Beau:"I... You're right. There are days I wish Jay wasn't staying with us. Not because I don't like Jay, but because our apartment isn't big enough."

Kelsi:"I know BeauBear. Come stay with us. Like I said, Sid won't mind. In fact I think he got used to you being around."

Beau:"Alright, thanks Kels. And if you guys want time alone I'll watch the kids."

Kelsi:"You're welcome Beauner but you don't need to watch them for us."

Beau:"I want to, it's the least I can do."

Kelsi:"Alright."

~later on, game ends 4-0 pens win, Sid had all 4 goals, back at Sid and Kelsi's house.~

Sid:(to Beau)"I hear you're moving back in."

Beau:"Um, yeah I guess so. Kelsi said I could but if you don't want me here I'll just go..."

Sid:"Sunshine, if Kelsi told you you could stay here, you can stay here."

Beau:"I feel like I don't belong here, you guys should have time to be a family."

Sid:"Beau, YOU are family too. Kels loves you to death."

Beau:"Still."

Sid:"Beau, nobody said family is only by blood. You're family, whether you like it or not. I'm not going to force you to live here, but our door is always open for you."

Beau:"I... Thanks."

Sid:"You're welcome. The room you had wasn't touched. I think Kels was actually hoping you'd move back in."

Beau:"Really?"

Sid:(nods)"We like having you around here Sunshine."

Beau:"I like being around here. (Yawns)"

Sid:"You can go up to bed if you want. Kels and I need to feed the boys, then we're going to bed too."

Beau:(yawns)"Alright, goodnight."

Sid:"Night Sunshine."
♠ ♠ ♠
i love Sunshine <3