Of Hearts and Hockey Sticks

Home

~6 months later (September 26)~

Kelsi:(feeding the babies, hears Beau and Sid walk through the front door) "hey boys. How was camp?"

Sid:(walks over and gives her a kiss)"It was good but..."

Kelsi:"What? What's wrong? (Sees Beau walk in on crutches) Sunshine! What the hell happened?!"

Beau:"I got clipped in the back of my skate, my knee twisted when I fell"

Kelsi:(shakes head)"Bad luck loves you. How long are you out?"

Beau:"Six weeks."

Kelsi:"I'm sorry, are you alright?"

Beau:(shrugs)"Hurts but I'll live."

Kelsi:(pulls out the chair next to her)"Come sit down. It can't be comfortable standing there."

Beau:(sits down)"thanks."

Kelsi:"You're welcome (finishes feeding the babies) (to Sid) hey babe? Help me take the boys up for their nap?"

Sid:"of course (picks up Hunter and Beau)"

Kelsi:(to Beau) "We'll be right back alright?"

Beau:(nods)

Kelsi:(picks up Breckin and Easton)

~15 minutes later~

Kelsi:(sits next to Beau) "Do you need anything?"

Beau:"Um, some water. But I can get it myself (goes to stand up)"

Kelsi:(lightly pushes him back down)"I'll get it. Are you hungry?"

Beau:(shakes head)"Just tired and frustrated."

Kelsi:(hands him a water)"You can go lay down if you want. Or if you need to talk, I'm here alright?"

Beau:"alright. Thanks."

Kelsi:"You're welcome."

Beau:(stands up)"um do you care if I just go lay on the couch? Stairs are hard and I'm not in the mood to deal with them right now."

Kelsi:"No, go ahead. You want me to get you some pillows and a blanket?"

Beau:"No, You shouldn't feel like you have to do stuff for me."

Kelsi:"Beau, if I didn't want to do it, I wouldn't have offered."

Beau:"Still. I feel like I'm taking advantage of you and Sid."

Kelsi:"For the hundredth time, you're not taking advantage of us. (Upset) Damn it Beau! Just let people do stuff for you every once and a while. You don't need to be completely independent, it's okay to rely on other people a little bit. Now I'm gonna go get you pillows and a blanket, and you're gonna use them. Please just stop feeling like you're using us, because you're NOT. I know you think you're a burden or whatever, but we like having you here, you're pretty much family at this point. Family does for each other, it's give and take. (walks upstairs to get a blanket and some pillows, walks down and lays them on the couch)"

Beau:(quietly)"Thanks."

Kelsi:(sighs)"I'm gonna let you get some rest. If Sid asks where I went just let him know I went for a run."

Beau:"Alright......You're not leaving because of me are you?"

Kelsi:(shakes head)"Of course not. I just need a little time to myself, I'll be back in a little bit. Get some rest alright?"

Beau:(nods and starts to fall asleep)

~20 minutes later~

Sid:(looking for Kelsi, can't find her. Thinks about waking Beau to see if he knows where she went, decides against it)

~40 minutes later~

Kelsi:(walks through the door)

Sid:"There you are! Where'd you go?"

Kelsi:"For a run. Beau didn't tell you?"

Sid:(shakes head)"He was asleep when I came down, I didn't want to wake him."

Kelsi:"Is he still sleeping?"

Sid:"Mhm. Been a rough day for him,to say the least."

Kelsi:"Yeah. (Looks at the clock, says 5:30 PM) I should start dinner, any requests?"

Sid:"Nope. Whatever you want is fine with me."

Kelsi:"Alright."

Sid:"You want some help?"

Kelsi:"Yeah, sure.(walks into kitchen)"

Sid:(walks into kitchen)"What are we making?"

Kelsi:"Hmm. Chicken and Pasta?"

Sid:"Sounds good."

~40 minutes later~

Kelsi:(holds up a hand for a high-five)"We did it!"

Sid:(high-fives her and laughs)"You're crazy."

Kelsi:"You love my crazy and you know it!"

Sid:"I never said it was a bad thing."

Kelsi:(hears the babies on the monitor)"Kids are awake, come help me change them?"

Sid:"Sure."

~15 minutes later, at the dining room table~

Sid:(puts Easton and Breckin in their highchairs)

Kelsi:(puts Beau and Hunter in highchairs and gets the food out of the kitchen)"Go get Beau."

Sid:"alright."

~in the living room~

Sid:(walks in and shakes Beau awake)"Cmon sunshine, dinner is ready."

Beau:"can you hand me my crutches? I think they went under the couch."

Sid:(gets the crutches and hands them to Beau)"here bud."

Beau:(takes them and stands up)"you guys start eating, I'll be down in a few minutes."

Sid:"no, we'll wait for you."

Beau:"You don't have to..."

Sid:"It's fine. Just do what you need to do, we'll wait until you come back down."

Beau:"Alright. (Starts going upstairs) I'll be as quick as possible."

Sid:"Take as long as you want. (Walks back into dining room)"

~in dining room~

Kelsi:"Did you get him up?"

Sid:"Yeah, he needed to go upstairs for something. I told him we'd wait for him to start eating."

Kelsi:"Alright. (hears water run and shut off. Hears a door open)"

Beau:(comes downstairs and sits at the table)

Kelsi:"Look who's awake. Feel better?"

Beau:(shrugs)"I'm not tired anymore but the pain and frustration is still there."

Kelsi:(smiles sadly)"Glad you're not tired. (Puts a plate of food in front of him) Eat."

Beau:"(rolls eyes) yes mother."

Kelsi:(smacks his arm)"smartass."

Beau:"thanks, I try."

Sid:"How did I get stuck with two overgrown children again?"

Kelsi:"Well, I'm good in bed. Not so sure how you ended up with that one though."

Beau:" can we not talk about you being good in bed? It's ruining my appetite."

Kelsi:"Fine. Normally I'd continue but you need to eat so..."

Beau:"I don't need to eat."

Sid:"If you want more meds you do. Not wise to take them on an empty stomach."

Beau:"Oh, I forgot about that."

Kelsi:"Of course you did."

Sid:"Okay children, stop talking and eat."

Kelsi:"yes sir! (Accidentally Kicks Beau under the table)"

Beau:"Oww, what the hell was that for?!"

Sid:"(to Kelsi)you kicked him didn't you?"

Kelsi:"It was an accident, I swear!"

Sid:"sure it was."

Beau:(mumbles)" of course it would be my bad knee"

Sid:(looks at Beau)"are you alright?"

Beau:"Yeah but I'm, uh not very hungry anymore. (Stands up, tries to grab his dishes)"

Sid:"Sunshine, leave them. I'll take care of them."

Beau:"Okay, thanks Sid. (Goes upstairs)"

Sid:(to Kelsi)"What's gotten into you today? You're never that immature."

Kelsi:(sighs)"I have no idea, but acting like that wasn't right."

Sid:"You're right. I still can't believe you kicked him in his sore knee."

Kelsi:"it really was an accident, I feel terrible, it probably hurt enough without my stupid self kicking it."

Sid:(nods, looks at Beaus food)"He barely touched it, he's probably starving."

Kelsi:"he said he wasn't hungry though?"

Sid:"he said that because he didn't want to sit here after you kicked him. He's upset, and he has every right to be. Accident or not, you still hurt him."

Kelsi:"I need to go talk to him.(walks upstairs)"

~upstairs~

Kelsi:(knocks on Beau's door)"Beauner? Can I come in?"

Beau:(sighs)"Fine"

Kelsi:(walks in)"I'm sorry. I should have been more careful but I really didn't kick you on purpose , I promise! Please forgive me."

Beau:(holds out his arms)"Of course I forgive you, now gimme a hug."

Kelsi:(hugs him)"Wanna come back downstairs and finish eating?"

Beau:(shakes head) I just wanna rest my knee, I can't do that at the table."

Kelsi:"How about you come downstairs and you can rest your knee on the couch while you eat?"

Beau"Ok."

Kelsi:(puts a hand out to help him up)

Beau:(stands up)

Kelsi:(walks downstairs with Beau behind her)

~downstairs~

Sid:(feeding the babies, sees Kelsi and Beau)"Hey sunshine, give me a second and I'll go get your food."

Kelsi:"I'll go grab it. (To Beau) go get comfy, I'll bring your food. (Looks at clock) you can have more meds now if you need them."

Beau:"no I'm okay. (Starts walking towards the living room, winces)"

Kelsi:"Uh huh, I'll bring your meds with your food."

~in the living room~

Kelsi:(hands Beau food)

Beau:(takes it)"Thanks."

Kelsi:"you're welcome. Is it alright if we bring the boys in here? I want them to have a little tummy time before bed."

Beau:(nods)"It's your house, do whatever you want."

Kelsi:(gets Breckin and Easton while Sid follows behind with Hunter and Beau)

Sid:(lays Hunter and Beau down on the playmat as Kelsi lays Breckin and Easton down)

Kelsi:(sits down and leans against Sid)"I love my boys."

Sid:(laughs)"That comment came out of left field"

Kelsi:"Not really. I've been thinking about my life for a while now. If someone asked me 3 years ago where I'd be right now, I wouldn't have said sitting at home with four kids and you two knuckleheads."

Sid:"Well, there wouldn't have been a way to know that. I'm glad this is your life, because it means you're in mine."

Beau:(fake gags)"You guys are gross."

Kelsi:(gives him the finger)"Shut up. Someday you'll be in a relationship and I'm gonna be there wrecking your romantic moments."

Beau:"I'm married to the single life, and I don't plan on getting a divorce."

Kelsi:(throws a pillow at him)"You're such a dork."

Beau:"I take pride my dorky-ness thank you very much."

Sid:(rolls eyes,checks clock)"It's 8 babe, let's get the boys ready for bed."

Kelsi:(stands up)"Alright baby. (Picks up Beau and Breckin)"

Beau:(yawns)"I'm probably gonna go to bed."

Kelsi:"Alright sunshine. Did you take your meds yet?"

Beau:(rolls eyes)"Yes mother."

Kelsi:(gives him a hug) "goodnight"

Beau:"Night"

Sid:(picks up Easton and Hunter and walks upstairs with Kelsi behind him)

Beau:(goes upstairs, gets into bed and falls asleep)

Kelsi:(walks out of the babies room with Sid and goes to their room, falling asleep immediately)
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it's so boring and the title doesn't make much sense.....