Of Hearts and Hockey Sticks

Practice

Dan:"ALRIGHT BOYS (sees Kelsi) Oh and Kelsi, LET'S GET STARTED! GIVE ME 9-87-23 WITH 58-7 ON THE D! FLOWER IN THE CAGE!"

~the 3-on-2 starts~

Sid:(sees Kelsi and passes her the puck)

Kelsi:(gets puck from Sid and dekes around #7 Paul Martin, does a spin-o-rama around #58 Kris Letang, and finally goes weak side, top shelf, backhand on Fleury.)

Sid:"HOLY SHIT! That was amazing!"

Kelsi:(blushes)"Thanks."

Kris:"Sick moves newbie."

Paulie:"I don't think a rookie has burned us that bad in a while."

Duper:"Hope you have more moves like that."

Dan:"Good job Kelsi! Keep performing like that and you'll be a permanent fixture on the top line."

~they continue practice~
~In the locker room Rob Rossi is interviewing Kelsi~

Rossi: "So they let a prissy little New York girl into the league? The NHL really wants to ruin themselves don't they?"

Kelsi:(about to speak, Sidney interrupts)

Sid:"Rossi I suggest you show yourself to the door and don't bother coming back if you're going to condescend the newest Penguin."

Rossi:"Hell no! I have the credentials to be here so I don't have to leave"

Sid:"Ok then don't leave. (Pulls out his phone and calls security)"

Security:"You called Sid?"

Sid:"Yes can you please escort mr. Rossi out and make sure that Mario is aware that mr.Rossi was being rude and condescending to our new teammate."

Security:"Sure Sid."

~Security escorts Rossi out~

Kelsi:"Thanks for that."

Sid:"You're welcome. He had no right to bully you."

Kelsi:(Looks at Sidney and is captivated by his eyes)(snaps out of it) "Can we head home or do you have interviews too?"

Sid:"Nope. We can head home and have some lunch. Where do you want to order from?"

Kelsi:"Nowhere. Take me to the grocery store so I can buy stuff to cook."

Sid:"You don't have to cook."

Kelsi:"I want to. Now take me to the grocery store!"

Sid:(Laughs)"Okay, okay!"

~they drive to the grocery store and pick up chicken, vegetables,potatoes, bread, cheese and pasta.~

~back at the house, in the kitchen~

Sid:"So what are you making?"

Kelsi:"Grilled chicken wraps with cheese and veggies, and some homemade potato salad. Lunch should be ready in maybe 30 minutes."

Sid:"Ok. Need any help?"

Kelsi:"Can you boil water or is it too hard?"

Sid:"Haha you're so freaking hilarious! Yes I can boil water I'm not that stupid!"

Kelsi:" I never said you were stupid."

Sid:"I know."

Kelsi:"Ok.........I know I'm the rookie and I can't tell you what to do but can I make a suggestion?"

Sid:"Sure."

Kelsi:"GO GET YOUR ASS IN THE SHOWER! YOU STINK!"

Sid:"Suggestion accepted and I will oblige since you're gonna feed me."

~30 mins later, Sid comes downstairs showered and changed~

Sid:"Better?"

Kelsi:"Much! Oh and can you get out plates and forks? Oh and some glasses too."

Sid:"Sure. Is Bri eating with us?"

Kelsi:"Nah. She's still kinda jet lagged so she's sleeping."

Sid:"Oh ok. (His phone goes off with a text) Nealer wants to know if we wanna head over to his place tonight. He wants to have a team bonding night."

Kelsi:"Sure. Sounds fun, what time?"

Sid:"around 8ish"

Kelsi:(looks at clock, it's 3.)" Im gonna go lay down for a little while. I'll have my alarm set for 6 but can you come check on me at maybe 6:15ish?"

Sid:"Sure. I'll probably just be up in my room watching sports center."