Young Bodies

Everyone I meet is insane

Someone was already blocking the way and another one was standing by the car, leaning on the drivers door. She recognized the boy by the car as well as she recognized George. Finn Hathaway, her misery in high school until he disappeared last year around Christmas. It'd been headlines in the paper, searching parties she'd been apart of since the entire county had been on the lookout for the tall, blond boy with the devils smirk. And there he was again, more muscular than the last time, but still with the same smirk.
"Long time no see, Olivia." he uttered her name with respect but still a mocking tone beneath everything.
But she hadn't seen the dark haired girl standing just a few feet in front her before. Her hands were up as if she was closing in on a dangerous item, walking towards Olivia slowly.
"Olivia, we're here to help you. Calm down." her voice was steady, like this wasn't the first time telling someone she and her group of psychos were here to help.
"Help me with what, I have no problems." she packed away slowly, taking small steps to the side each time. She wondered how she knew her name, but both George and Finn were there, they knew and so the others knew. Simple logic.
"Apart from the whole no sleep, no family and the soon to be superpowers." Finn spoke up and looked over at Olivia who stared at him, not sure if she heard the correct words.
"I always thought you were crazy Finn, now I just had that suspicion confirmed." their relationship hadn't changed since he disappeared. But he was there now, in the flesh. Looking better than before.
"Finn, shut up." the first decent words that had been spoken tonight. "Olivia, something is going to happen that you can't handle on your own. Trust me, I've tried." everyone stiffened up at the last words, looking at the ground.
"Everyone I meet is insane. They're hiding it well. But one day they show their true colors and decide being around me is the best time to show it." The words played on repeat inside Olivia's head. With each step she'd made her way around so she had the car to her back, not the other way. Nobody had seemed to notice it but her escape rout was clear, only Finn standing in the way. She looked over her shoulder and saw that he was walking towards her and the other girl who'd been trying to calm her down. It was now or never.
Before allowing herself to get second guesses she turned on her feet and made a run towards the car. Everyone around her paused for a second, taken off guard before Finn laughed and took a single step in her direction and caught Olivia by her waist, flinging her up over his shoulder with no trouble.
Her vision had been on the car and the next millisecond she was upside down, staring at a striped sweater with her blood rushing to her head.
"What the hell, let me go." she didn't care her voice got high pitched. She wanted to get on her two feet and run, run like she never had before. This was all insane, everyone was insane.
"Calm down princess." Finn patted her legs and chuckled, making her only scream more. Suddenly everything was spinning, noting was clear. Then it stopped and she was on her feet, and fell over into the ditch.
"Smooth." he laughed again and stretched his hand out to help her up. Olivia only looked at the blurry hand and a disused expression was painted on her face. Like she was going to get helped by Finn, he was the reason she fell over.
"Stop being such a dick." Little Black Dress said and appeared at Olivia's side. She didn't want to look at her, everything about her made Olivia want to vomit. That and the fact that everything was still spinning a little after Finn and his twirling.

After she'd calmed down, repeating the question of what the hell was happening and the possibility of how she was going to be killed by her ex-boyfriend, her tormentor from high school and their friends, all before the age of 18.
"What is it you have to explain? I want the truth and only the truth, no sugar coating."
"Like I said earlier, if you didn't hear me, superpowers are real and you're about to get them. End of story." well, he didn't sugar coat it, Olivia thought, but wanted to punch him in the face at the same time. Guess old wishes never goes away.
"Finn, one day you'll get my foot through your stupid face. It'll be a good change from what you have now." lies, only lies. She thought Finn was one of the most attractive people she'd seen with her own eyes. But she would never tell him that, she had no reason to.
"You love my face, you suck at lying. Especially when it involves me." the smirk was back where it belonged, right there on his lightly freckled face. "Remember how you couldn't hold it a secret you had your first kiss with me during 7 seconds in heaven at Riley Fitzgerald's place?" the smirk only got bigger and Olivia's cheeks turned red, still furious and confused.
"Enough with the history lesson Finn." it was the first time George talked since Little Black Dress called his name and everything started going downhill.
"Jealous? Erin got you on your knees last time I checked." Finn had turned to face the shorter boy and Olivia wondered if she'd ever seen him look that evil. There was a fire burning inside Finn's eyes, his white teeth, one front tooth chipped since years ago, were showing behind the smile. A mocking smile, worse than the usual smirk.
"Everyone shut up. Olivia, I'l explain everything to you, but you have to come with us. Please."

But before Olivia could answer Finn had walked over to her pick up truck and everyone turned towards him, worried about what he would do. In terror of him trashing her car, Olivia got up and walked quickly towards him.
"Leave my car alone, asshole." her voice was loud, clear and the fear was gone, for now.
Finn only looked over and smiled as he clapped his hands together and put them under the car, between the two wheels on the side he was standing at.
"This isn't real." the words barely left her mouth as she watched her car get picked up from the ground by the older boy.
"Stop sounding like a cliche movie Olivia." he sighed and she wanted nothing but to hit him and his smug smile. He wasn't even looking tired, he had no trouble holding a car up over his head.
♠ ♠ ♠
I realized as I wrote this the quote from the start doesn't work. I wrote that after only the first chapter. But I guess that doesn't matter in the long run.

Hope you all enjoy this chapter!