Young Bodies

Young bodies in motion

"There is something in our genes that makes us different. Some strong like Finn, some like me having the possibility to create fire, sometimes it gets a little out of hand." she tried to laugh to make the situation easier. But the blonde girl was still looking as chocked as before.
Olivia had fallen to her knees, staring straight ahead into nothing. After the initial anger at Finn had gone away what had just happened had began to sink in. He'd been telling the truth, he was sure as hell not a normal human being. There was no way he could pick up that car without breaking a sweat. There was no way the girl who was sitting hunched in front of her had those eyes that she had. One of them had no white, there was only a red, black and orange mixture showing between the two rows of dark lashes. Olivia hadn't noticed before, too much had been going on to let her focus on a strangers eyes. But now she saw clearly, they were like a storm on jupiter. Moving around slowly, like red dust caught on fire, swirling together with black ash.

"But why have I never heard of this? Shouldn't someone tell me this shit? An old grandmother who went through the same thing?" she was beginning to come back to her old self, the one who didn't stand for being patronized.
"The tricky thing with just your family is that barely anyone has…" silence. She bit her lips and took a new breath. "When we get powers, we go though a change. It starts with a fever and then a bunch of different powers start to come, not many of them will stay however. It's like a test of what will de your thing."
"Stop explaining to me like I'm five years old." Olivia wasn't in the best mood to be treated like she didn't understand more than simplified english. The girl sighed and placed her hands over her face.
"She said no sugar coating Kat." Little Black Dress said from behind Olivia.
"My family hasn't what?"
"Survived the change. There's a risk, and your family almost never makes it thought. Nobody knows why, but it's the reason your sister died." not a word was spoken, even Finn kept quiet. In the end he never actually wanted to make Olivia's life a misery. He only enjoyed picking on her because he got a reaction. And she looked cute when she got mad. It wasn't hard to see she was attractive. Tall, slender but with curves, blonde hair with a little natural curl and those dark brown eyes.
"But… it was a suicide? Did you do something to make it look like that?" her voice went from sad and confused to furious during the sentence.
"We never met Jenny, we were going to but we didn't make it. The change happened too early and it affected her differently."
"How do you die differently with this sick shit? I don't want it."
"There's not much you can do, roll with the punches, princess." Finn finally decided it was enough explaining. He remembered how much his brain had been spinning around when he was first told the same thing. Only that he didn't have the same possible destiny to fail like Olivia had.
"Oh, I apologize, how am I supposed to act when I find out I'm surrounded with people who have powers? And that I will get them as well but only if I survive an insane change? Tell me, please Finn I beg you, tell me how I should act right now." her face was inches from him, fuming with anger while he just continued to smirk. Her energy was back, she wasn't the helpless little girl she'd been seconds ago.
"I think you should act like yourself, princess." He was about to take a step towards her but if he would have their faces would have touched. The tension could have been cut with a knife.
"Stop. Calling. Me. Princess."
"Should I call you your royal highness instead? Would you prefe-"
Finn never finished his comment with a mocking british accent before a fist hit his gut. All air was knocked out of his body and he clutched his stomach with his hands, gasping for new air.
"I think her change is starting." it came out wheezing from Finn and he stepped back. Olivia stumbled backwards, taken back by the sudden rush of strength that had gone though her arm all the way to her fist when she'd hit him. It had only rushed over her when her fist had actually touched him however. But too much was going on for her to bother over it.
"Calm down both of you, jesus. It's like you're children." Kat said and put her body between the two enemies.
"You're lucky I heal fast." Finn said, normally.
"Please like I gave you internal bleeding, stop being such a drama king." Olivia rolled her eyes and glared at him after.
"Drama king?"
"You're not female and the last time I checked, males happen to be more dramatic than us females."
"She has a point." Little Black Dress said and smirked at Finn who resisted to stick his tongue out like a child. Olivia liked her, but she also hated her. She hated the smirk that reminded her of herself when she'd manage to talk back to Finn. She hated her ash brown hair that cascaded over her shoulders. She hated her, with every fiber of her body.
She hated George more however. Despite being silent furious, she was better than assuming the girl was at fault. George knew he had a girlfriend, a girlfriend he knew would never forgive him if he cheated. Alcohol was not an excuse, nothing was an excuse.
But it didn't help when Little Black Dress apparently was a constant in his life of supernatural.

"We have to get going, now." Kat said and looked over at Little Black Dress who just nodded her head. "Olivia you have to come with us, I know it might be challenging but it's for your own good."
Little Black Dress that nobody had called by name yet closed her eyes and took deep breaths.
"Where are we going? I can drive." Finn laughed and rolled his eyes.
"You think we drove here? Please."
"I'm so sick and tired of you, can you just shut your mouth for a second? No, you can't because you're too in love with yourself."
"Said the everyone-has-to-feel-bad-for-me diva? You sure know yourself princess."
"I told you to not call me princess."
"Erin get us out of here now, I can't stand these two." Kat said and sighed.

A second ago they'd been on the road on the hill overlooking the sleepy town Olivia was from. But suddenly the world was pulled away from under Olivia's feet. Everything was black but then something came into view. Tall trees, bushes and a group of other people.
And the ground coming fast. She landed in a puddle, the rain was pouring down over them all in the middle of nowhere. More nowhere than South Carolina small towns known for their gardens and being a retirement heaven.
Apparently superpowers were more than fire and strength. Olivia had a lot to learn.
♠ ♠ ♠
A chapter focusing mostly on the dialogue between Finn and Olivia, I love writing them!

Hope everyone will enjoy the chapter and I'll update in a few days. Thanks for reading!