Status: Story #2 for Faith!

Coming Out

One of one

Their friendship started with a DM on Twitter. The two promised to meet for the first time before Playlist live the March. Back in March, they hit it off, spending hours in Troye or Tyler's hotel room laughing and talking. It was one the best nights of Troye's life. Now it's time for VidCon and they planned it so Tyler would be picking Troye up from the airport, knowing that he would make Troye feel welcome. Troye comes from a town in Australia (although is South African born) and the trip to LA had been long and torturous. He wasn't a big fan of long plan rides.

Troye steps off the plans into the Los Angeles heat and sighs, rolling his carry-on luggage across the pavement. He steps into the air conditioned airport, letting the cool air encircle him. It feels good to let the blood flow through his legs again after sitting for hours upon hours. He continues to wander through the airport, eventually making it to baggage claim. He's staying in America for a month so he could hang out with all his YouTuber friends in America. These include Tyler Oakley, Joey Graceffa, Sawyer Hartman and more. Most of these were more Tyler's friends than his own but he knew they would make him feel welcome again.

Troye checks his phone. Three missed calls from Tyler Oakley. He smiles to himself and dials Tyler's number, leaning against the wall with his luggage. Tyler's bright and cheery voice fills his ears immediately, "Hi! Are you here?"

Troye bites his lips and replies, "Yes. Where should I meet you?"

"There's a Taco Bell by terminal fifteen where I'm sitting. Meet me there!" Tyler's voice is gone and Troye rolls his eyes. Taco Bell. Figures. Tyler Oakley is the Taco Bell Queen, obsessively eating it and tweeting about it. He's quite fond of the Doritos Locos Tacos. Troye figures that his friend will force him to eat Taco Bell at least once a week. To keep him happy, he'd oblige.

Troye travels throughout the airport, looking for terminal fifteen. It takes him about ten minutes to find it but when he does, he can immediately spot Tyler at the Taco Bell across from him. Tyler is the most flamboyant person there, with his silver hair and thick black glasses. He's wearing an infamous flower crown and is looking more gay with each step Troye takes.

Tyler, sensing somebody walking towards him, looks in Troye's direction and immediately perks up. He jumps out of his seat and goes to greet Troye, all smiles and hugs, "Hi!" He greets in his usual cheeky voice, throwing his arms around Troye. Troye freezes but immediately returns the hug and the "hello." Tyler offers to take one of Troye's bags and wheels it over to the Taco Bell, sitting back down.

"How was your flight?" Tyler asks taking a sip of whatever he was drinking from Taco Bell.

"Long. Annoying," Troye laughs softly. He had only been to America a few times and the flights had always been terribly long. He hates flying but America is so nice and he loves it.

Tyler smiles, "Your accent is so adorable. I love it." Troye blushes and looks away. His stomach feels like it's in knots. An attractive male calls him attractive and he turns into a hot mess. He hasn't told anyone yet that he has feelings for... Men but that's a goal on this trip. He already has the video ready to go and it's all edited but Troye is nervous that nobody will be excepting. Everyone nowadays is so quick to judge it's disgusting.

Tyler's infectious laugh seems to echo through the airport, "You're blushing! How cute is that?" The silver haired man stands up and brushes off his shorts. Crumbs fall to the floor. He's always been a messy eater but he doesn't seem to care as he struts over to the garbage can to throw out his things. Troye can't help but watch Tyler's hips swing as he walks. It's quite arousing.

"Ready?" Tyler clasps his hands together and smiles down at Troye. The South African native stands up and drags his bags behind him as they walk through the airport together. Tyler is rambling on about something, probably One Direction related, but Troye isn't listening. He's worrying about coming out to Tyler. Of course Tyler will be nothing but accepting since Tyler is gay himself. What if Tyler gets mad or something? He has no clue what Tyler would be mad about but he's just overthinking everything. He has no doubt people will be nothing but accepting.

"Troye?" Tyler asks as he hoists his luggage into the trunk if his car, "Did you hear me?"

"Hm? No, I'm sorry, I didn't," Troye says softly and gets into the passengers seat if Tyler's car. It smells nice; it has that "new car smell" that Troye loves, "What was the question?"

"Are you excited for VidCon?" Tyler asks again, pulling onto the road. It's getting late he plans on taking Troye out to dinner. Tyler had insisted on letting Troye stay with him but Troye politely refused. He was going to stay at a hotel with all the other YouTubers from overseas.

"Yeah. It'll be nice to see everybody," Troye explains, "And have all the late night parties in everybody's hotel room."

Tyler smirks and practically purrs, "Girl, you know I'll be all up in that." He does a little wiggle in his seat and turns up the radio. Troye lets out a little chuckle when he sees Tyler start dancing while he drives. Of course One Direction is playing and Tyler is singing along, "Come on, sing with me!" Tyler lisps and Troye shakes his head. Tyler glanced at him, "You'll be singing with me at the concert and this time is no different." He goes back to belting out "What Makes You Beautiful" and Troye can't help but sing along.

Tyler pulls into a parking lot of some restaurant and parks. It's around seven and night and he figures his Australian friend is starving. They head into the restaurant and Tyler says they're meeting a few people there. Troye raises an eyebrow. He was unaware of these plans. Tyler beckons him to fall him through the restaurant. Troye reluctantly follows.

"Hi boys!" Tyler practically squeals when he stops at a table filled with a bunch of his male YouTuber friends, British and American. Sitting at the long table are roommates Sawyer Hartman and Joey Graceffa, twins Jack and Finn Harries, and Marcus Butler. The five guys turn and offer their hellos and excited cheers for Troye. Troye was an unexpected surprise and the five were a surprise for Troye.

Troye sits down next to Joey Graceffa, who is quite possibly one of the sweetest people on Earth. Troye is quite disappointed. He thought that he and Tyler would have a private dinner together and he could finally share his secret with Tyler. He guesses that another night would be set aside for that.

The seven young men chat amongst themselves and Tyler of course orders alcohol for the table. In America, Troye is too young to drink. He figures that in the comfort of a hotel room that, that wouldn't pose as a problem for him and his friends.

"Did you have a smooth flight here?" Joey leans over and asks him before taking a sip of whatever Tyler had ordered them, "Mmm!" He moans in delight.

Troye laughs, "Yeah but the flights I was on were long. I couldn't wait to get off. I hate flying."

Joey nods and smiles at him. He has the most perfect teeth and Troye can't help but envy him a little bit. Not to say that Troye has bad teeth, he has great teeth, but Joey's are perfect. "Why do you hate flying?" Joey asks.

"It's so boring. I never liked it," Troye shrugs and continues to eat his meal, salad topped with chicken. He was uncomfortable eating with tons of people around that he wasn't used to eating with. With his family it's fine but with strangers, it's odd.

After an hour or two of conversing, Tyler and Troye part ways with the five boys, promising to meet up after VidCon. Troye offers to drive since Tyler never stops himself when it comes to alcohol. It'll be odd for Troye since he's used to driving on the other side of the road and car. Hopefully they don't crash. After taking a minute to get used to being on the left, they take off towards Tyler's house. Troye guesses that he'll just have to stay the night.

With Tyler's mumbled direction, he finally finds his house and they pull up. He takes one of his suitcases out of the trunk, plus his laptop case, and he helps Tyler inside. Tyler laughs, "Case de Tyler Oakley at your service." He goes to the kitchen and gets them two glasses of water, not wanting to be an ill-mannered host. Troye takes the water thankfully.

"You can sleep in my bed if you want. There's room for the two of us." Tyler winks at him. Troye can tell that he is a little bit tipsy.

Troye still blushes at the offer, "Um, no thank you. I can sleep on the couch." The couch is quite comfortable, the eighteen year old notices and he wouldn't mind sleeping on it for the night.

Tyler gives him an annoyed like, "Are you sure? I feel bad."

Troye nodded, "Don't worry about it, I'll be fine."

Tyler sighs, "Fine. I'm gonna hit the sack. See you in the morning." Even when he's drunk, Tyler is fabulous. He struts to his room, spilling some of his water in the process. Troye chuckles again. Tyler is way too cute.

Image

Troye opens his eyes and blinks a few times, letting the sleep disperse from his eyes. He sits up on Tyler's plush couch, the knit quilt sliding down his torso to his waist. He looks at the cable box for the time; it's only around ten in the morning. It'd be really late in Australia. He's surprised that he was able to sleep through the night and how adjusted his body was to the time zone.

Troye has no idea when Tyler will wake up, he suspects not for a few hours. The brunette rises from the couch and drags his feet in the direction of the bathroom. He takes care of his bathroom duties before going into the kitchen to refill his glass of water. He takes a sip, quenching his unbelievable thirst and leans on the counter. Tyler's house is immaculate. Troye wouldn't have suspected it to be dirty. However, Tyler does have a few dirty dishes in the sink but Tyler being the lazy person he is probably just didn't want to wash them.

Troye runs his fingers up and down the side of the glass, playing in the condensation that had formed. He decides that when Tyler wakes up and can coherently form a sentence, he will tell him his secret. The secret he's been harboring for weeks. Of course, his family has known he was gay for three years already. He didn't know when it would be a good time to go public.

He wants to release the video on August seventh because August seventh three years ago is when he came out to his very accepting family. His parents had said they had "known" he was gay for a while. He guesses parents have a better understanding of their children at some points of their child's life.

Troye didn't want to go through Tyler's kitchen for food so he simply waited for his friend to wake up. Thankfully that wasn't long because about a half hour later Tyler struts into the kitchen in a British flag onesie. He nearly has a heart attack when he sees Troye sitting on the counter, casually sipping his water, "Girl, you scared the shit out of me," he shakes his head and clicks his tongue, opening the fridge, "Want something to eat?"

Troye nods, "Sure."

Tyler smiles, seemingly cheery at all hours of the day, "Cool. I'll make some eggs and toast and we can feast." He claps his hands together before getting to work cooking for his friend.

"Do you need any help?" Troye doesn't know how much help he can be since he can barely cook but he was willing to learn at that moment.

Tyler shakes his head, "Nope. Just sit your cute ass on that counter and relax." He gives his blue-eyed friend a wink as he cooks up some eggs. Tyler hums to himself and looks ridiculous in his little outfit. Troye can't help but laugh a little as Tyler busts out a move. "Don't laugh at my wiggles." Tyler smirks. Troye just shakes his head.

Tyler's cooking skills are average but Troye still enjoys his meal nonetheless. Plus, eating with Tyler is like eating with a friend that he's known for years. They share tons of laughs and once the meal is finished, Troye grows serious, "Tyler, I need to tell you something."

Tyler detects the serious tone in his friend's voice, and he gives Troye his full attention, "Yes?"

"I," Troye takes a deep breath and closes his eyes. He doesn't want to see Tyler's reaction. His palms grow sweaty with nervousness and he can feel his heart beating out of chest. He's not ready, but he needs to be ready. He can't put this off any longer than he already has, "I'm gay. You're one of the only people I've told outside of my family." He finally opens his eyes to see Tyler smiling from ear to ear.

"You know, I knew there was something I liked about you. It was probably the gay in you," Tyler laughs and embraces his newly out friend, "Don't be ashamed of who you are, okay? You're perfect and beautiful and we love you." Troye feels like a thousand tons have been lifted from his shoulders.

"Now, in all seriousness," Tyler begins, shifting in his seat, "Have you ever been kissed by a boy?" Troye can see an idealistic twinkle in Tyler's eye and he's curious as to what he's up to.

"Well, no, but it probably won't happen soon." Troye shrugs off the idea. He's been in acceptance of himself for three years and never thought of actually putting his sexuality to the test.

Tyler giggled mischievously, "Well, let us change that." Before Troye can say anything in response, Tyler's lips are descending upon his. Tyler's hand slides up his arm and he can feel his breath against his lips. And then, he feels them. All soft and plush and just the kind of lips that you'd want to be your first. He draws Troye closer and moves his lips against his gently. Troye is kissing back, his blue eyes hidden behind eyelids. He's enjoying the kiss; it's kind of perfect.

All too soon it's over and Tyler is leaning back in his chair, "You do not know how long I've been wanting to do that." He sips his orange juice as if nothing happen and Troye scoffs in reply.

"How long?" Troye is actually curious.

"Too damn long. You're too damn sexy to not kiss." Tyler clicks his tongue and winks once more at Troye. The younger male turns fifty shades of red and looks at his fingers. They're all tingly. His whole body is filled with tingles for Tyler. He isn't attracted to Tyler that way; it was just a kiss.

"Well, thanks, I guess."

Tyler laughs and shakes his head, "Don't dwell on it too long," he downs the rest of his orange juice, "and if you ever want another one, just ask."

Troye thinks he will definitely take Tyler up on his offer.