Status: In Progress

The Juliets'

Cars, Sports, and Rock and Roll

Eve sat alone in her bedroom. After months of being in the process of moving to Young Harris, she was finally here...but she didn't want to be. The town was basically deserted, there wasn't another house for miles, which wasn't what she was used to. With her father being a writer, she was used to adapting to new places, but she had never been to a place as quiet as Young Harris. Now she was living there for the next year at the very least, she already hated the place.

Instead of furnature, there were cardboard boxes scattered everywhere containing most of her belongings. The beige color of the boxes matched the paint on the thin walls in the room. 'How drab' she thought to herself. Her last room had been painted dark purple, her favorite shade of the color. Thinking about it, she missed the black curtains that covered a window that outlooked a suburban area near New York City, the city in which she hailed from. A Slipknot poster was hanging on the wooden door, simply by a few small pieces of scotch tape. Now the brightest thing in this entire city seemed to be her short, electric blue hair with green ends. Sure, her choice in hair color was a little different than most, but she was also different from most. She was an individual.

Nobody really seemed to understand that though, not even her single father. He had always encouraged her to join the cheer squad and go shopping for pathetic looking dresses, but Eve always had other things in mind. She didn't really have many friends, but the ones she did have were all guys. That was because they enjoyed the same things. Sports, rock and roll, and fixing up old cars. But the one thing that she had in common with them that stood out was her love of girls.

She'd never had a girlfriend, but she was never attracted to any boys. Even in kindergarten, she had a crush on a little girl named Carly Akers. But back then, she didn't know it was different from how all the other girls her age felt. In the seventh grade she discovered that she was an outsider when all the other girls in her classes began to talk about boys. Instead, all she wanted to talk about was the girls who were talking about the boys. Of course, she didn't. Even then she knew she would have been tourtured by the other kids. So the only person who she ever told was her father.

Even though he knew, he seemed to refuse to believe it. He would constantly tell her she was going through a curious phase, and never seemed to take the matter seriously. Her father just wanted a daughter who was just like the other little girls, but unfortunatley for him he never had that. And he never would.

"You gonna start to unpack those boxes, sweetie?" She heard her fathers voice coming from outside her open doorway. She nodded as a reply, ignoring the fact he called her 'sweetie', a name she had told him about a million times not to call her.

"Yeah, Dad." Eve's voice was flat. She was tired from moving, but if she were to say no her dad wouldn't ever seem to go away.

"At least unpack things you need for school. Your first day is tomorrow."

She already knew that. She had been dreading the day since she first found out that she would be moving to a new town. It was always the same in every school she went to. People took one look at her, and labeled her as a 'freak' and no one would want to talk to her.

"Got it." she replied, not telling her father how she felt about the situation. Her dad grinned.

"And try to act like the other kids, okay? Making friends will be easier that way." he said. Thats what always was said. And like always, her silence was her response. And with that, her father left closing the door softly behind himself. Leaving her to swim in her worried thoughts.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the second chapter. Its kind of a short one, but I just wanted to introuduce Eve a little bit. Please leave a comment and let me know what you think about the story so far. I really really love feedback, positive or or constructive.