‹ Prequel: Stay
Status: DONE!

On Your Side

Chapter One.

Jenna sat on her bed, staring at her nails as she tried to make sense of reality. She had been home from the hospital for several hours now and she still felt off. For some reason it still didn't feel real.

Eric stayed planted at the doorway, scared to even get close to her in fear of making her upset again. He tried to tell himself that confusion was normal for someone who had been in a coma, but it still hurt that his girlfriend was keeping him at a distance.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked cautiously and she glanced up at him, having forgotten he still stood there.

She shook her head no and he sighed as he uncrossed his arms, giving up on trying to help her.

"Well, what do you want?"

"I don't know..." She answered honestly.

Eric frowned and slowly walked over, sitting beside her, yet not close enough to touch.

He looked down at his hands and she studied him from where she sat. It was odd how familiar it felt being here with him and yet it felt like it had been so long ago too.

Stuble lined his usual clean face and his hair was anything from perfect. She noticed the several tattoos that lined his arms and she tried not to scold him for them like she always did. Then again, she wondered if she had and just forgot.

Jenna loved him of course. Always had and aways would, but she had gotten past that. Well, in her alternate reality. It just made it that much more confusing. Here she was with a boy she swore she'd never see again and yet her heart ached to be near John O'Callaghan. A boy she had apparently only loved and been loved by in her dream. She was aware of how crazy that made her sound and she even questioned her own sanity at this point.

Jenna bit her bottom lip before deciding to explain herself or really just to break the awkward silence that now covered them.

"Eric, I..."

"Don't. We will get through this. I'm going to fix all of this, ok?"

A frown hit her lips as he moved from the bed, "Get some sleep. I know you're exhausted from all of this. I'll see you tomorrow."

She nodded not having the energy to do otherwise, and he placed his lips to her forehead, "I love you."

She didn't respond as he left her bedroom and she fell onto her back trying to decide where to go from here. Maybe Eric was right, everything would go back to normal eventually.

What ever normal was...
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a little intro. :)

I cannot wait to get this story started. I've been finished with my Eric Halvorsen story for so long I'm just excited to have something to write!