‹ Prequel: Stay
Status: DONE!

On Your Side

Chapter Thirteen.

Jenna woke up the next morning still wrapped in Eric and she didn't bother to move. In all honesty this is where she wanted to be. As much as she liked being around John, Eric was the love of her life. As cheesy as it sounded it was true and she knew it.

She raised up as he stirred beneath her and a grin hit her lips as she watched him rub his eyes.

"Why are you staring at me?" He asked softly, a weak grin hitting his lips as he barely cracked open his eyes.

"Because you're cute."

A small chuckle left his lips, "Mhm."

She smiled before kissing his cheek bone and he gently placed his arm around her waist.

"So I was thinking..."

"Ah, well please tell me your thoughts."

Jenna immediately giggled, "I will. So, I was thinking, maybe we really should run away together."

Eric laughed, "Oh is that so?"

"Well, maybe not run away completely, but a few days just me and you, wouldn't be so bad."

At that Eric's eyes immediately opened, staring at her as if she had said something wrong.

"I mean, if you want..." She quickly added and he cut her off, "I'd go anywhere with you. Where do you want to go?"

Jenna shrugged as she sat up in the bed.

Eric chuckled, placing his hands behind his head as he watched her.

"We could always just drive to California. A road trip ending with the beach. Not so bad." He offered and she nodded, "Sounds good." She whispered, fiddling with the hem of his shirt.

"What's the matter, love?"

"Nothing." She whispered and he sat up, placing his fingers under her chin, her eyes immediately meeting his. Eric didn't want to express his thoughts although they were overwhelming. He loved this moment and he didn't want to ruin it.

"So when do you want to leave?" He asked and a grin hit her lips, "Is today too soon?"

"Not at all. Why don't you get ready, pack, and we will stop by my house on the way out."

"Eric, really, if you don't want to do this..."

"Hey, I haven't spent time alone with you in weeks, I definitely want to do this."

She nodded and he quickly added, "Ok, I didn't mean it like that. That made it sound like I want to sleep with you. And I don't. Well I do, but..."

Jenna placed her hand over his mouth as she chuckled, "Eric, I got it."

He frowned as she removed her hand and she pecked his lips quickly.

"Let me get ready."

"Fine. You do that. I'm going to sleep." He stated falling back onto the pillow and she laughed as she left the bed.

As she got ready she couldn't help but think about how this was going to hurt John. She really cared about him and despite how it now seemed she didn't want to hurt him, but Eric was Eric. Picking anyone but him wouldn't be right and she knew that. She just knew this time away from this town would give her a way to break it to John in the nicest way possible. He deserved that.

"Ready?" Eric asked coming into her bedroom where she had just finished packing. Of course the boy wasn't able to sleep, he instead had been playing video games with Garrett and Trey which didn't surprise her. He was way too comfortable with her family.

"Yep."

He grinned, grabbing for her bag before leading the way to the living room.

"So when will you be back?" Garrett asked and Jenna groaned as Eric laughed and walked out of the door knowing her getting on to him would happen if he stayed.

"I dunno. A few days."

Garrett nodded like he was in thought.

"Can you not tell John. I'm going to tell him..."

"Tell him what? That you went on this trip or that you've picked Eric?"

"Both." She whispered and Garrett nodded, "I knew it would be him. It always has been. Always will be." He stated with a weak grin. As much as he hated hurting John he always knew Eric was who she would pick. Honestly, their relationship was the only thing that made him believe in love.

"Yeah, I guess so."

"Go. I won't tell John, but you do need to talk to him when you come back."

"I promise I will."

Garrett nodded, "Have fun."

She grinned before saying bye and joining Eric in the car.

"You cannot keep a secret to save your life." She stated hitting him lightly in the shoulder.

"I'm sorry! He asked what we were going to do today and what was I suppose to say?! You know I can't lie that easy!"

Jen chuckled as he smiled, pulling out of the driveway. Jenna was honestly excited for their trip. She needed time away and Eric always made her happy. He made everything so carefree and exciting.

"This sucks." Jenna groaned, three hours into the trip. Eric laughed as he glanced over at her. Her feet were now propped into his lap as she ate Cheetos from a bag.

"Really? You seem pretty relaxed to me."

"I'm bored out of my mind." She whined and he laughed, "Hey, this was your idea."

"Thanks for reminding me."

Eric chuckled, patting her leg, "Baby, not too much longer. Relax."

"That's coming from you? Have you been put on meds? Like, you're creeping me out."

"No I haven't, jeez. I'm just, happy to be spending time with you. That's all."

Jenna stared at him from her seat and he glanced over her thanks to the silence.

"What now?" He asked as she moved her feet, sitting up in her seat and putting away the chips.

"So maybe I'm not as a.d.d as normal, but I'm still paranoid a lot so..."

Jenna laughed, "No need to be."

He nodded, not sure if he should believe her or not as he messed with the radio.

Jenna sighed, staring out the window as she tried not to focus on how perfect it felt being with him.

"I'm glad you wanted to do this." He stated, boldly reaching for her hand which she allowed him to take.

"Me too." She whispered and he gave her hand a squeeze before the car went silent. The only thing being heard was the sound of the car and the soft music of death cab.

"Just stop right there." Jenna stated, pointing to a distant gas station. Another hour had past and Eric was yelling that he would die soon if he didn't pee.

"Hell no. That looks like a horror movie in the making!"

"Eric! Do you want to pee on yourself?!"

"Well, I hear it's kind of nice..."

"Eric!"

The boy laughed accompanied by a groan, "Don't make me laugh!"

"Eric pull over."

"No."

"Now."

"No."

"Eric." She said seriously and he whined before turning into the sketchy gas station.

"If something tries to kill us I'm letting them take you."

"No you won't." She chuckled as he parked.

"Whatever. I'll be back."

"I'm going to get a drink."

He rolled his eyes as they climbed from the car and he placed his hand on her lower back as they walked in. He was always too protective.

"Just, wait for me, ok?"

"Yes sir."

He shot her a look before making his way to the bathroom and she went to the row of drinks. She stood there debating longer than she should have and a squeal left her lips as someone grabbed her.

"For the love of god, anyone could kidnap you!"

Jenna rolled her eyes, relaxing now that she knew it was Eric.

"What are you getting?" He asked, causing her to shiver from the closeness of the boy.

"So many decisions."

He laughed, removing his arms from her before stepping in front of her and grabbing up two drinks.

"Come on."

"How do you know I wanted that?"

"Um because I know you." He smirked, grabbing for her hand.

"Lucky you."

He laughed, pulling her to the cashier.

"Only an hour left." He stated once they were on the road again. The sun was now completely gone and she yawned from boredom.

"Great. Shit. Where are we staying?"

Eric laughed, "And yet I'm the spastic one. Don't worry, I made us reservations at a hotel while you were packing."

"Man, you are the reliable one here, huh?"

"Always."

She chuckled glancing over at him as he messed with his hair.

"Want me to drive?"

"Ha!"

She glared at him and he grinned, squeezing her hand lightly.

"Baby, I trust you with my life. I do. I just don't trust you with my car's life."

"Jerk." She grumbled and he laughed, "I'm fine! Not that much further."

"Yeah, yeah. Just figured I should drive since it was my idea."

He kissed the top of her hand gently, "And I appreciate that but really, I'm fine sweetie. Promise."

"Ok." She whispered relaxing in her seat and she eventually found herself drifting off to sleep only to be waken up by Eric telling her they arrived.

She climbed from the car and he met her at her door.

"I'll get the bags." He stated and she nodded before wrapping her arms around his torso, and pressing her face into his chest. Eric didn't move, unsure what this meant as she held onto him tightly.

"Thank you."

"For what?" He whispered, into her hair as he slowly wrapped his arms around her.

"For doing this. I know I've put you through a lot."

"Well no one said love would be easy."

She chuckled and he stroked her hair, "It's not a big deal, Jen."

"Yes it is. To me it is."

"But it shouldn't be. You know I'd do anything for you."

She nodded and he kissed her head, "Come on sweetie. Let's get inside."

She pulled from him and he grabbed their bags before they walked into the hotel lobby. Once they were given room keys, they took the elevator to the 4th floor and she opened the door for him since he had the luggage.

"So, what shall we do tomorrow?" He asked falling onto the bed causing her to chuckle.

"Good idea." She stated, laying beside him. He turned his head to look at her, a smile now on his lips, "You should let me take you to dinner tonight though. I mean, Cheetos is not considered a food group."

She scoffed, "Whatever."

Eric chuckled bringing his hand to her cheek, "Why did you want me to come with you, Jen? I mean, why didn't you ask John?"

"Why would I ask anyone else?"

"I could think of several reasons." He whispered, tracing his fingers over her cheek.

"I can't."

His eyes narrowed at her and she grabbed his hand from her face.

"I love you, Eric. Only you. It's going to forever be you." She whispered, "And I don't want anyone else but you and your spastic habits and nervous, overly talking ways. I love you. Everything about you." She stated with a grin.

The room went silent and the pair just stared at each other as Eric tried to make sense of her words.

"Do you mean that?" He finally asked at a whisper.

"Of course. I always mean everything I say to you."

Eric sighed, "I'm not sure that is true, Jenna. Not anymore." Eric sitting up slowly and she watched him intently, not expecting this kind of reaction as he moved from the bed. Maybe he finally had enough of it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, guys, I have a new John story up if you want to check it out, Sooner or Later would make me really happy! :)

Thanks for commenting;
everdeen
sammy_wessen
A Synful Vengeance
wholelottaARTTM
medicateddreams
asdfghjkqwerty
whiskeyprincess118
:)