‹ Prequel: Stay
Status: DONE!

On Your Side

Chapter Fifteen.

It was safe to say that the short getaway was exactly what Jenna needed. By the time they were heading back she felt like her old self and wasn't so confused on everything like before. The only thing she dreaded was having to face John. It was going to be horrible and she just knew it. A sigh escaped her lips as she stared out the window and tried to think of a positive way to handle the situation she faced.

"You know Jen, everything will be ok." Eric spoke as if he could read her thoughts. Then again he knew how much she was hating going home. She told he basically every day since they arrived.

"I just hate it. I really do." She mumbled and he have her hand a squeeze, "I know baby. Want me to pretend to be John so you can practice?"

Although she wasn't in the mood to, a laugh left her lips, "no, I really don't."

"Why not? I could do a john impression really well!"

She chuckled and looked over at him, "I'm going to decline the offer."

"Fine. Take my talent for granted."

She stared at him as he focused on the road and she immediately leaned over and pressed her lips to his cheek . She loved how he always made her feel better . Another one of his amazing qualities.

"I love you so much." She mumbled, before kissing him again. A smile immediately hit his lips and he grabbed for her hand again once she was fully back in her seat.

"I love you too. I wish you wouldn't worry about it because no matter the out come, you know I'll be here no matter what. You always have me."

She nodded although he wasn't looking and she looked down at their linked hands. She knew he was right about that and it honestly made her relax a little. She traced her fingers over the tattoo that lined his arm as she laid her head back on the seat.

"Eric..."

"Mhm?"

"Can you promise me something?"

"Anything."

"Will you promise that no matter what happens in the future, when it's all said and done, that we will end up together?"

"Jenna we already are together."

"I know. But tons of things can happen in the years to come and I know we are bound to fight and you will be touring..."

Eric glanced over at her before looking back at the road, "I promise, simply because the only girl I'll ever want is you."

She nodded and he kissed the top of her hand.

"When this is all over and you graduate, we're going to start our lives together. There's no getting rid of me now."

"Good."

He smiled and she shut her eyes deciding to try and sleep away the rest of the drive. By the time they arrived back at her house, Eric had to wake her and she forced herself from the car.

"Hey my sleepy girl." He cooed as she stepped to him.

He chuckled holding her tightly to his chest as she shut her eyes once more.

"Can I stay with you?" She asked and he stroked her hair, "I would love that baby but, you have school in the morning and I promise Garrett you'd be home today."

"Plus..." He added, "You need to go talk to John."

She sighed into his shirt and he gave her a squeeze, "It'll be fine. Call me when it's over."

"If I survive."

A chuckle escaped his lips, "You will survive."

She looked up at him with worry in her eyes and he cupped her face, "I love you." He whispered pressing her lips to his.

"Love you."

He grabbed up her bag and she took it from him, "I got it. Go home. I'll call you soon."

He nodded kissing her once more before waiting until she got inside to leave.

Jenna was greeted at the door by Garrett who held open the door for her and gave a wave to Eric before shutting it behind her.

"SO how was your trip?"

"Good."

He nodded as she fell onto the couch knowing he wasn't just asking because he was curious.

"John is not going to be nice, just know that..."

She groaned, "I am well aware."

"Still going to talk to him right?"

"Yeah, he deserves it."

Garrett nodded and her eyes met his as he began to speak, "I'm glad you and him are back to normal. It just doesn't feel right if you two aren't together."

"Who? Me and Eric?"

Garrett nodded and she grinned, "I know."

"Go talk to him and get it over with."

"Going to suck." She groaned as she forced herself from the couch. She knew the only way she was going to get him to talk to her is if she just showed up and that was the plan as of now.

She said goodbye to Garrett before finding her keys and driving over to John's. The closer she got to his house the more anxious she got. This was going to not go well and even she knew that.

Once parked, she forced herself to his front door. She took a deep breath before knocking lightly and she debated on running only to have that idea crushed once the door open and john stood before her. Once he realized it was her his eyes grew hard and he crossed his arms over his chest.

"Hi." She managed to get out. Although she should have said something else she couldn't seem to get it out .

"Hi? Really? Hi?!"

"John..."

"Oh do not John me. Would a simple text telling me your alive kill you?!"

"I'm sorry, I just needed to figure some thing's out!"

"Oh. With Eric?" He questioned and she sighed, "You knew it was going to be like this. You told me so yourself."

"Yeah, maybe I did, but I didn't think you would just blow me off and ignore me to do so."

"It wasn't like that John..."

"I don't care what it was like really." John grumbled, running his hand into his messy hair. He had experienced several emotions over these past few days. At first he was sad that she had left and then it had turned into anger and now he just felt numb. He wasn't use to going through all this. It was exactly why he didn't date people.

He stared at the girl. Not sure what to say or do. He knew that he had lost her. If he ever really had her that is...he was certain he had just made that up as well. Was he so in love that he was now delusional?

"So, you and Eric..." He got out and she nodded, "Yeah...I love him. I do. I always have and it wouldn't have been fair to any of us just to keep everything the way it was."

John scoffed as he looked from her eyes.

"John, I just want you to know how much you mean to me. You are an amazing person and I know you are going to make someone so happy one day. Maybe I'm asking too much, but I hope we can be friends again one day. Nothing would be the same without you and Eric, whether he tells you or not, he misses you." She added softly.

John shoved his hands in his front pockets, not sure what to say to that. His life was a mess and he was well aware. How it got this far he was still uncertain.

"Right, well, is this over now or are you going to continue?" He asked harshly, his eyes finally meeting hers once again.

She shook her head no, knowing he was hurt and deciding to just let him be.

"Well, have a lovely day Jenna." He spoke coolly before stepping back inside and slamming the door. Sure, he knew what he had gotten himself into by falling in love with her, but it didn't make it any easier. His heart now physically ached. He fell onto the couch, his head reeling with everything that had happened. And here he was all alone again. He should be use to this by now.

He laid onto the couch, staring up at the ceiling not sure exactly how to make himself feel better. The only thing that seemed to give him some hope was the thought of knowing that in a few weeks the feelings would hurt less and he would hopefully be back to who he use to be. He was better off alone anyways and he knew that. What was the point in trying to be with anyone? It just complicated things and he was sick of complications.

He wasn't sure how long he laid there but it wasn't too long after that Kennedy walked into his home.

"Not now." John grumbled and Kennedy ignored him, falling into a chair near the boy.

"Are you ok?" He asked and John shrugged, "I'm fine."

"I'll ask again. Are you ok?"

John groaned, "No, I'm not ok. I haven't been ok in days and I just want to go back to normal and forget about all of it. I just wish I could go back to a month ago."

Kennedy sighed as John covered his face with his hands.

"It'll all be ok, you know? Time heals everything."

"I need to go on tour like now." He grumbled and Kennedy nodded, "Just two more weeks."

"Two weeks too long."

"I'm sorry, man. I really am." Kennedy spoke and John glanced over at him, "No ones fault but my own."

"Doesn't mean you deserve it."

"I'm sure I do." He mumbled and Kennedy continued, "Just promise me, well to yourself too, that you wouldn't just shut everyone out like you use to do. I mean, whether you like it or not, Jenna opened you up a lot and it was good change."

"Yeah? And look where that got me."

Kennedy sighed, forcing himself up from his seat, "Don't mope around for two weeks please."

"Yeah, yeah."

Kennedy left leaving the boy alone with his thoughts. He knew everything Kennedy said was right, but it was easier said than done that he was certain of.
♠ ♠ ♠
Guys, this story is slowly coming to a close. Only a few more chapters left. Saying that, I plan to start a spin-off you could say. It's only fair for the loser right?! ;)

So, if you want, you can go ahead and subscribe: Running From the Rain :)

Thanks for commenting:
Sammy_Wessen
WhiskeyPrincess118
WholelottaARTTM
Everdeen
lovelyhope
:)