‹ Prequel: Stay
Status: DONE!

On Your Side

Chapter Sixteen.

Instead of heading home after her encounter with John she went straight to Eric's. She parked in the driveway and knocked on the door before letting herself in. Eric was lounged on the couch and his eyes immediately landed on her.

"Hey you." He stated a bit confused as to why she was here, not that he minded.

She didn't respond just walked over and cuddled to him.

"What happened baby?"

"He hates me. Like legit." She mumbled and he stroked her hair, "He's just hurt. It'll get better."

"I feel so bad like you have no idea."

"Yeah I do, simply because I know how you are."

She frowned and he kissed her, "I truly am sorry. I hate when you're sad."

She cuddled into his side, shutting her eyes with a sigh.

"Want me to talk to him?"

"No, it's ok."

He pulled her into his lap, kissing her cheek instantly.

"Well if it helps any, I love you."

She laughed, "It does a little."

"I love you a lot."

"Even better."

She giggled as he grabbed her side, a grin on his lips before he kissed her.

"You graduate soon."

"I know."

"You're going to be going off to college and I'm going to have to beat guys off of you and girls are going to envy you because you're dating a rock star."

She laughed, "Exactly how I imagine my life."

"And you'll be living with me."

"Mhm."

"You are right?" He questioned looking at her seriously causing her to laugh, "I am."

"Well don't sound too happy about it!" He replied sarcastically and she giggled as she wrapped her arms around his torso.

"I am." She mumbled into his shirt.

"Mhm, whatever." He grumbled and she raised up to kiss his jaw.

"I am. I love you." She whispered pressing her lips all over his face until a smile replaced his solemn look.

"But you know we will be redecorating your room. I'm not living in a room that looks like a fourteen year old boy lives there!"

"Hey! You've never complained about it before!"

"Uh because I'm not in it 24/7!"

"Oh you're right! You're usually just seeing the ceiling of it huh?!"

She slapped his chest and he died out laughing.

"Eric!"

He fell over in laughter and she shoved him away.

"I hate you."

He wiped away his tears before launching at her causing her to squeal as she fell back onto the couch.

"I'm kidding baby. I'm just kidding."

"Yeah I know you are because you're going to be the only one occupying that bed for a long time now."

A frown bit his lips immediately, "Baby! I was joking!"

She crossed her arms over her chest and he whined, "Baby..."

Eric nuzzled his face into the crease of her neck, "Don't do this to me. I was only joking. I love you."

"Jenna..." He whined once more when she didn't bother to speak. He kissed over her neck, "Be nice to me."

"Um, you're mean and yet I'm suppose to be nice?"

A groan escaped his lips, "Ok, one, I was kidding and two, you act like I called you a slut because the last time I checked, well, the only ceiling you better be seeing is mine..." He said with a serious look and she tried not to laugh.

"Or what?"

"Jenna, don't play with me like that." He said in such a serious tone in which she rolled her eyes, "Seriously Eric? No, I haven't slept with anyone but you."

He grumbled something to himself as he sat up crossing his arms over his chest.

"Oh and now you're mad?"

He didn't respond and she rolled her eyes once more, "You are turning this around on me, Halvorsen."

"So are you going home? because god forbid you have to sleep in my room."

She tried to fight the grin on her lips but failed miserably before quickly grabbing his face, kissing him immediately. He didn't object like she knew he wanted. In fact his hands grasped at her side, holding her in close as the pair continued to kiss.

"I love you so much, Eric."

"I know, Jen. I know." He whispered, his hand grazing her cheek as his eyes locked with her.

"I'm so glad you chose me, Jenna. I really am. There is no one else I could see myself spending my life with but you and I know we get in petty arguments sometimes and you get annoyed with me because let's face it I'm not as calm as you, but you complete me. You really do. Everything you are is what I'm lacking and I promise to make you as happy as I possibly can because you make me beyond happy." He whispered, "I want you to move in with me, marry me, have kids with me, grow old with me. I want to do everything with you and only you."

She grinned before throwing her arms around his neck, "and we shall do all of that, Halvorsen."

A smile bit his lips and he kissed over her face, "Then I'll be the happiest man ever." He whispered, touching his forehead to hers.

She chuckled as she shut her eyes. This was where she wanted to be that she was certain of. No one would ever make her feel as happy and as loved as Eric did.

"One more thing Jenna..." He whispered as he pulled back. Her eyes fluttered open and she watched him dig into his pocket.

"Will you in fact marry me?" He asked as he held out a ring causing her heart to stop in her chest.

"Are-are you serious right now?" She breathed out and he nodded, "I'm always serious when it comes to you."

"If you don't want to right now I mean, you can say no, I just..." He mumbled out now not so sure about this idea. He hadn't really planned to ask her at this moment. He just remember he had the ring in his pocket because he went to pick it up today. Sure he was going to ask her, but it was going to be several months from now. He just found the perfect ring for her and couldn't pass it up.

"I mean, I wasn't planning to do this right now, but you know I can't keep things from you..." He continued to ramble as she blinked at the ring still in the box.

"For the love say something!" He finally said loudly, causing her to laugh, "Eric, of course I will."

"Of course you'll say something?" He asked, confusion lining his eyes and she laughed, "I swear you are special. No, Yes, I will marry you!"

He blinked as he stared at her, "Are you sure?"

"Eric!"

"OK! Fine!"

She laughed, "Why can't we have sweet moments? Like, must everything be a huge ordeal?"

Eric chuckled, gently sliding the ring on her finger, "I just, want to make sure that you mean that."

"I swear I do."

He nodded, his eyes locking with hers as a smile hit her lips, "I love you."

"I love you more." He whispered before kissing her and pulling her into his arms.

Through everything the pair had been through, Eric was certain that he wouldn't change a thing, even the hard times he thought he would never get past. Everything led him to being in this moment and this moment, although not thought through or special, it was perfect for them and he was happy.

Eric and Jenna.

Exactly how it was meant to end.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awe. The end. It's going to be weird having a story not involving Jenna. I was going to make a few more chapters, but I just didn't see the need in dragging it out. Hope you guys enjoyed it!

Thanks for everyone who subscribed and commented! John's story should be starting soon; Running From the Rain :)