‹ Prequel: Stay
Status: DONE!

On Your Side

Chapter Two.

John really was a simple guy. He hated conflict and complicated situations. He was more of a laid back kind of guy. He just went with the flow you could say. Yet ever since his feelings for Jenna had appeared, his life had been anything but that. Hell, he barely knew who he was anymore and he hated that.

John laid on his bed, staring at the ceiling as Jenna's words repeated in his head like a broken record. She thought they were together. Whether she had dreamt of him or not it warmed his heart and he felt horrible for it. Eric was his best friend afterall, and yet Jenna...Jenna was someone he couldn't push away even if he wanted to and believe him, he had tried.

He really didn't know what to do from here. He wanted away from her and yet he couldn't. Nothing would keep him away from her. It was like he was drawn to her like a moth to a flame and just like that, he would be burned and he knew it.

"John?" He heard and immediately sat up knowing the voice like his own. He stared at his door waiting on her to appear and once she did his heart sped up to an unsafe tempo.

"Jenna, how-what are you doing here? You shouldn't be out. It's late and please tell me you didn't walk." He stated moving to her immediately.

"Relax. Yes I did, but I have working legs you know?"

"I know, but still you just got out of the hospital. I swear woman..." He grumbled making her sit on his bed.

The room grew quiet and he rubbed his arm nervously, "Why are you here, Jen?"

"I don't know." She mumbled and he cautiously sat down.

"You don't know..."

"I just, needed to see you."

John gulped down his nerves as he fiddled with his fingers cursing himself for not putting on a shirt. He finally got the nerve to glance over at her and she seemed just as tense as he did which made him feel a bit bad. He knew she was still confused. He shouldn't be acting like this.

"It's late Jen. You could have came over in the morning, you know?"

"Yeah. it was stupid. I mean, I'll just go..." She said moving from the bed a bit embarrassed at herself and he immediately grabbed her hand.

Her eyes met his and he pulled her back down, "Relax. I was just saying you will have to stay the night because you're not walking home now."

She nodded slowly and he moved from the bed walking over to his closet rummaging through for something that would fit her small frame.

"Here." He whispered handing her some clothes and she thanked him as she went into the bathroom. John tried to think of anything but her as he fixed the blanket on his bed and grabbed another pillow. He had never slept with her like this and it made him nervous although it wasn't a big deal.

Once she came out he urged her to climb in before he turned the light off and joined her. The room went silent yet again and he breathed in trying to calm himself down.

"I'm sorry I'm here, John. I just, you're the only thing that feels like home right now and I just don't know what else to do." She whispered and his heart stopped as her words met his ears.

"It's ok, ladybug. I'm here as long as you need me." He finally got out as he placed his arm around her, allowing her to move into his chest.

"I'm scared."

"There is no reason to be scared. I'm here. Everything will be just fine. I promise." He whispered, stroking her hair until she fell asleep. John unfortunately couldn't fall asleep that easily. He laid there for hours just holding her, and thinking of how wonderful and yet messed up this was becoming. He honestly didn't know what to feel or think at this point.

Luckily, at some point in the night he finally drifted off only to be awaken the next morning by his phone going off.

He groaned, grabbing it off the dresser and answering it all without opening his eyes.

"Hello?" He asked, his raspy voice covering the room.

"Is Jenna with you?" Garrett asked and John cracked his eyes open to check the spot beside him.

"Yeah, she showed up last night pretty late. I let her sleep here. She's fine."

The line went silent and John sighed, "Garrett, what was I suppose to do? She's confused right now. She told me she only feels comfortable with me. I couldn't tell her to leave."

"You couldn't or you didn't want to?"

"It isn't like that." John groaned, covering his face.

"You better hope not because Eric is already pissed."

"Well and that's my fault how? I'm sorry Jenna is going through some shit right now and she needs me and that I'm not going to just leave her to be scared and alone."

"I don't want you to do that, John. I'm just saying, I know how you feel, I just hope you know the difference between them and what's right."

John breathed in, "I can, man. I promise."

"Ok. I believe you. Just bring her home when she gets up."

"I will. Bye." He grumbled hanging up. He sat the phone down and let out a sigh as he looked at the sleeping girl. He knew Garrett was right, but it was going to be hard, he knew that.

"Jenna." He whispered, rubbing her arm trying to wake her up.

"John. Sleep." She mumbled into the pillow and he chuckled, "Your brother is making me take you home."

"I don't want to go home."

"Well what do you want then?" He asked brushing back her hair in amusement.

"To stay here with you."

His hand froze in her hair and he tried to regain composure. If she kept saying things like that he was going to go crazy.

"No you don't."

She moved her head enough to look at him and she nodded, "Yes I do."

John tugged on his pillow, laying his head down, facing her. His eyes met hers and the pair just stared at each other in silence.

"Why do you wanna stay with me?" He asked softly.

"I told you why."

"Because you feel comfortable with me?"

She nodded, "Because being with you is the only thing that makes sense right now. I know it all sounds stupid and probably uncomfortable for you."

"Uncomfortable for me?"

"Yeah, because you don't have feelings for me like that and I told you about how I thought we were together. I don't want you to think I'm going to like try and jump you or something." She mumbled and he rolled his eyes.

"I could only be so lucky, Jen." He stated with a grin causing her to chuckle, "I'm sure."

He sighed bringing his hand gently to her cheek, "You could never make me uncomfortable, darlin'."

"Just making sure."

He grinned, rubbing his thumb repeatedly over her cheek.

"I love you, you know?"

"I know. I love you too." She whispered, her heart pounding in her chest. She knew she shouldn't have been feeling what she was, but she couldn't help it.

John scooted in closer to her, placing his arm around her.

"You can stay here as long as you want." He finally said and she cuddled against him. He really knew he shouldn't be doing this, but hell, he loved her and it was hard not to give her what she wanted especially when he wanted it just as much.
♠ ♠ ♠
Figured I'd give you guys a real chapter now! :)

I'm already having problems with how this story will end, so I hope you guys have no problem pick Team Halvo or Team John so I can have some help....no pressure...haha

Thanks for commenting;
Lovelyhope
WetheCATHLYN
Sammy_Wessen
Asdfghjkqwerty
:)