Too Close to Be Just Friends

Day 6

Today is a terrible day. I have to be without David all day because we had to divide into two groups and, of course, they split us up, it’s so unfair.

The end of the camp is coming up slowly but surely, unfortunately. I don’t want to be back at school. But now, the only thing I just HAVE TO do is to tell to David that I’m in love with him. I just want to do it. I can’t stand it that he’s not mine at all. I’m so abysmally jealous when a girl touches him. I would kill her for it!

I’m lying on the pier, looking at David swimming in the lake. “So dive, David or you’re such a faint-heart?” I taunted and smiled. “No, I don’t just want to soak my hair.” He admitted and looked at me, smiling. “You’re so squeamish, David.” I shook my head and grinned. “Hey, caution! I’m swimming!” Donut warned while paddling. Meanwhile David retreated. “Sure, Donut.” He smiled weakly and tried to swim to the pier but something interrupted him. David numbed. I burst out laughing. David’s confused and turning back. Donut’s swimming away and behind him are some bubbles on the surface. David understood and now he’s climbing out of the water. “Oh my god.” David said still confused and lay next to me. “He farted!” I’m laughing out loud and covering my mouth with a towel to make my laugh less loud. David’s laughing, too. “I wonder that the fish didn’t rise to the surface!” David’s sentence made me laugh even more so my belly hurts right now. “Oh, shit!” I’m lying on the pier like beetle lying on its wing cases. “It’s so much!” David said while laughing. “It happened because of his stupid smelly cheeses, I guess,” David said and made pull faces when he remembered what Donut keeps in his tent. No wonder that he is alone in the tent. I know that it’s not good to laugh to him but I think we two are not the only ones who hate his ‘dainty morsels’ in the tent. It was really the funniest moment of the day.

“Davie?” I said at midnight. I woke David up, I guess. “What?” He asked fretfully and sleepily. “Are you sleeping?” I questioned. “Um.” “Are you sleeping?” “Ummm.” “Are you sleeping?!” “Oh, no! I’m not, you spoilsport!” He snapped and covered his face with, of course, striped pillow. “Hey, don’t be pissed. I’m full of energy. David, I just want to talk to you.” I said bored. “Pierre, get a grip, it’s midnight!” He said and turned his back. Now I’m getting out of my sleeping back and crawling on the top of him. “What the hell are you doing?” He asked moodily and tried to push me away but unsuccessfully. I got there finally. “David, I just wanna dally with you.” I answered unhappily and rested my head on him. “Can I?” I pouted. “Talk to me!” I said grumpily because David was getting off to sleep. I slapped to his head. “Pierre! So do whatever you want to do but do not wake me up, okay?” “Oh, yea.” I said happily because I was damn glad that his body is completely mine right now. I’m kissing his lips softly but passionately but he’s not joining in. I’m trying to make him get into it but he’s doing nothing. “David, leave off! I wanna make out with you, please.” I said dull and punched him. “Pierre, you can’t except that I will behave normally, it's midnight!” “Just join in, Davey.” I begged. “Oh, fine.” Finally. Now we will spend all night by kissing and caress. I gave him one kiss before he joined and we were kissing more and more passionately. I factually love his sweet lips. I stopped before saying: “Why are your eyes closed? Open them, David.” I told him urgently. “I'm looking with my heart.” David answered before slow opening of his eyes. “You love me?” I asked and smiled widely. It’s a big chance for me. “No, no, no. You are mad!” He snapped and giggled. My smile disappeared from my face. It took me some time than I got a grip. I’m getting down slowly and holing up in my sleeping bag.

“What happened, Pierre?” He is leaning on elbows. David’s confused. Doesn’t he understand that he hurt me? He said me a sentence I never wanted to hear from his mouth. “Nothing.” I said and huddled into the sleeping bag. “Did I do anything wrong?” “No, I said, that’s okay.” I snapped and turned my back. “Good night,” I continued. “Night,” David answered and after a while he lay and fell asleep. Not as I did. I was staring at the top of the tent and thinking. In one moment I burst into tears so I had to quit myself down by giving a pillow against my mouth. I don’t know what I would do if my crying woke him up.

So, this night sucked. I cried all night so when I managed to fall asleep I rested my head on totally wet pillow from my tears. I don’t know what happened but his cruel sentence made me feel so disappointed and sad. Nothing else would ever break me as bad as this damn sentence.