I Got You

Chapter 1

It was Friday; Annie lay in her bed staring at the ceiling of her bedroom. She waited for the day that her parents would throw her out of the house but so far it hadn’t happened. She sighed and got out of bed and threw on a pair of skinny jeans, a hoodie and a pair of 8 inch heels that her drug addict boyfriend bought for her three weeks before. She drove downtown to the park that she usually hung out at during the day in her brand new BMW.

Wayne had been awake since six that morning. He got dressed and headed down to the studio, skipping breakfast. His new girlfriend didn’t appreciate him leaving without saying goodbye or eating. He stood in front of the mic spitting his latest material. Wayne was in the point of his relationship where he was asking himself if it was really worth it all. He pondered over the thought for a minute or two, shrugging it off.

Annie was at the park for about two hours before her good for nothing boyfriend Chad finally pitched. She was furious. “You’re late!” She shouted. “I had things to do.” He said paying no attention to her. “You’re a real dick you know.” She said sitting back down again. He didn’t answer. “We’re through.” Annie said getting up again. “You’re nothing without me.” He said grabbing onto her arm. “Oh yeah?” Annie said raising an eyebrow. Chad nodded his head. “We’ll see about that.” Annie said pulling her arm free. “I want the keys to your BMW.” Chad said holding his hand out. “Fine.” She said and threw them at him and walked off. She had about three miles of walking to do before she was home, and by the time she got home she was exhausted. She threw her backpack on the floor, ran upstairs and threw herself onto her bed.

After seven hours of back to back rapping, Wayne was exhausted. He felt as though he were going to die if he didn’t get some food and water into his body soon. He hopped into his new Bugatti, hit the gas and headed home. He had hoped that his good for nothing girlfriend Tania had left like she had threatened to do just the other day, but she hadn’t. Instead she was sitting on the sofa waiting for him. “Where have you been?” She said crossing her arms. “Working.” Wayne said popping his head in the refrigerator looking for something to eat or drink. “That’s what you always say.” Tania shouted. Wayne ignored her, pulling out a bottle of Ciroc and chugged on it. “Wayne, I’m talking to you.” Tania said walking into the kitchen. Wayne glanced at her from the corner of his eye but said nothing. “Answer me you good for nothing son of a bitch!” She shouted shoving him. “Don’t you dare touch me!” He shouted slapping her through the face. Tania was stunned. She just stood there staring at Wayne for a good five minutes. “Get out.” Wayne said in a calmer tone. Tania didn’t move. “I said get out of my fucking house!” Wayne shouted pointing at the door. Tania slapped him and left.

Annie slept until 7:30 when her sister knocked on her door. “What?” She shouted into the pillow that she was lying on. “Annie it’s time for dinner.” Her sister Dana said opening the door and slipping inside. “What time is it?” She asked slowly lifting her head off of the pillow. “7:30.” Dana said softly. “Shit!” Annie shouted and ran downstairs with Dana close behind. “Well look at what the cat dragged in.” Annie’s step mother Louise commented with a smile on her face. Annie rolled her eyes and sat down. “Dad’s home.” Her father Dan called. “Daddy!” Annie and her sister shouted running towards him. While everyone was eating, Dana, Dan and Louise kept exchanging devious looks at each other. “Okay, would somebody please tell me what’s going on?” Annie said dropping her knife and fork into her plate. “Nothing.” Dan said wiping his face. “Something’s going on with you three, and I want to know what it is. Now tell me!” Annie persisted. Dan looked at Louise and then at Dana who both nodded. Dan sighed putting down his napkin. “I met an interesting young man today, and invited him over for dinner tomorrow.” Dan said with a cocky smile on his face. “So then what’s with the looks you’re all giving each other?” Annie said raising an eyebrow. “It’s someone you really like.” Dana said winking. “Who?” Annie asked looking more interested than ever. “You’ll have to wait and see.” Dan said winking at Dana and Louise.