I Got You

Chapter 6

After graduation, Annie moved in with Wayne. Dana wasn’t happy about her leaving but Annie promised that she would go visit often. Wayne proposed to Annie shortly after she moved in, obviously she said yes. Dana and her parents were ecstatic about the news.

Annie was home alone for the morning while Wayne was in a meeting. She didn’t know what to do with herself. There was just so much to do in Wayne’s mansion. She decided to watch TV since that would require the least amount of concentration and energy consumption. She flipped the channel until she stumbled across a channel which was showing her favorite novel based movie - The Notebook. She was so engrossed in the movie that she didn’t even realize her phone was ringing. She put the TV on mute and answered. She didn’t recognize the number. “Hello…Who is this?...Mom?...What do you want?...No I don’t…I really don’t have anything to say to you….I don’t have to explain myself to you, I can see and date whoever I want…You cant just come waltzing back into my life after ten years and want to dictate me…No…You lost all right to tell me what to do when you walked out on me, Dana and dad…That was your choice no one forced you…I don’t have time for this…I’m going to marry him whether you like it or not…You are not my mother anymore, Louise is my mother now…Go to hell lady.” Annie said and hung up. Her eyes filled with tears as she thought of her mom. Her mom left her and her sister when they were eight years old and she hadn’t seen or heard from her ever since, She and Dana received a birthday card with a couple hundred dollars in from her ever second or third year but that stopped when they turned sixteen.

Wayne was sitting with his colleagues and associates at a long wooden desk listening to some guy who thought he was all that telling them how they need to write more songs that have less cussing in and that will appeal to a wider fan base. He was starting to get bored and felt like telling that guy to take his advice and stick it where the sun doesn’t shine. It was his record label and he would run it the way he wanted. Wayne felt his phone buzz in his pocket. He pulled it out and saw that he had a text from Annie.

Hey baby, hope I’m not bothering you? - Annie
Nah shawty, I’m so bored. – Wayne
Why? – Annie
This guy thinks he knows everything, but he doesn’t. He’s tryna tell me how to run my label. – Wayne
Screw him! Who does he think he is? After all it is your label; you’re the boss to hell with him. –Annie
Yeah I know. What you doin Shawty? –Wayne
Nothing much, just watching TV. You? –Annie
Just thinking. –Wayne
Bout me I hope? ;) –Annie
Always. –Wayne
When will you be back? –Annie
Whenever you want me to. ;) –Wayne
Well, I’m getting kinda lonely… -Annie
I’ll be right there! –Wayne
See you soon. –Annie
Can’t wait to make you mine ;) –Wayne
We’ll see about that… -Annie

Wayne kissed Annie once more then collapsed down next to her. “My mom called me today.” Annie said breaking the silence. “Louise?” Wayne asked turning onto his side. Annie shook her head. “My real mom.” She said softly. “What she want?” Wayne asked. “She just wanted to try and talk me out of marrying you.” Annie said rolling her eyes. “And?” Wayne asked fearing what she may say next. “I told her to go to hell.” Annie said with a bitter tone in her voice. “That’s my girl.” Wayne said kissing her softly. Annie giggled. Her phone buzzed. “I’m sorry, it’s Dana.” Annie said sliding her finger across the screen. Wayne nodded.

Need you now. Can you please come over? –Dana
Be right over. –Annie
Thanks. Bring Wayne if you want. –Dana
Cool. See you now. –Annie
HURRY! –Dana
I will. –Annie

“What’s wrong?” Wayne said looking at Annie seriously. “Dana needs me. Are you coming with?” Annie said getting up and slipping her jeans back on. “Sure.” Wayne said doing the same. Annie grabbed an YMCMB hoodie out of her closet and slipped it on. “Isn’t that mine?” Wayne said raising an eyebrow. “Yeah, but it’s mine now.” Annie said with a smirk on her face. Wayne laughed to himself shaking his head.

Annie walked through her former home. “I’mma wait here.” Wayne said sitting down. Annie nodded and went up to Dana’s room. She knocked on the door. “Annie?” A voice said softly. “Yeah.” Annie whispered and slipped inside. Dana was lying on her bed; her face was red and wet from crying. The pillow that she had been crying into was soaked. “D, what happened?” Annie said sitting down. “It’s my entire fault.” Dana said dropping her face into her pillow. “I’m sure it isn’t. Now tell me what happened.” Annie said stroking her twin’s hair. Dana sat up and wiped her face. “I’m pregnant.” She whispered. “Jeremy?” Annie asked knowing the answer. Dana nodded. “Okay. We’ll figure it out.” Annie said wishing she killed the bastard when she had the chance. “I don’t want to have his child An.” Dana sobbed. “I know baby, we’ll figure it out.” Annie said brushing a strand of hair out of Dana’s face. Dana sobbed into Annie’s chest. Annie just sat there consoling her telling her over and over that it’ll be okay.

Dana went to stay with Wayne and Annie for a while. Annie hadn’t told Wayne what was wrong with Dana; she didn’t think that she needed to. Wayne left her thinking that she’ll tell him when the time was right. Annie stayed with Dana until she fell asleep. Dana was lying with her head on her sister’s chest crying. “D, don’t cry.” Annie said in a soothing tone. “It just hurts so badly!” She said sobbing harder. After an hour Dana finally fell asleep. Annie saw the hall light go on and a shadow walking towards her room. Wayne leaned against the doorframe. Annie smiled. “Hey.” She said softly. “How is she?” Wayne whispered. “She just fell asleep.” Annie said slowly getting up. “Why don’t you stay with her tonight?” Wayne said. Annie shook her head. “I get mummy dreams when someone cries while I’m sleeping.” Annie said softly walking towards Wayne. Wayne had a light bulb moment. “Don’t even think about it buster.” Annie said punching him playfully in the stomach. “After the way you beat Jeremy up? Never.” He said lifting his hands in defense. Annie laughed. She didn’t sleep at all that night; she was too stressed over Dana to fall asleep. After seeing how upset her sister was, she really wished she’d killed that bastard when she had the chance.