Status: If you guys like it, I'll update! :)

I Hope You Had the Time of Your Life

Breakdowns, Rain and Billie Joe

"I hate you, you piece of shit!" I screamed at my shitty little car, which was now sputtering off to the side of the road. I slammed my head down on the steering wheel, groaning. My hand searched for my cell phone, located on the other seat. I pressed the power button eagerly, but nothing happened. Surprise, it was dead.

Right now could quite possibly be the worst time this could happen. It was spilling out and I had no one to contact to come help me. I gave up and opened my door. I guess I would be hitchin' a ride tonight. I waved my arms up and down, yelling. I was already freezing, my torn red skinny jeans soaked. Without a jacket, my arms were froze. No one gave in to giving me a drive. I rested my head against the top of the car, sighing.

'I should probably start walking...' I thought to myself, groaning. The next gas station was a few hours away sadly. I started dragging my torn Chuck Taylor's forward, wrapping my arms around myself to keep some warmth for myself. I was about thirty minutes away from the car, when a van pulled over, signalling for me to come to the window.

I ran over, finding a smile on my face. The man rolled down his window. "Need a ride?" He yelled. I nodded like crazy, gladly accepting the ride. "Yes!" I yelled back to him. I laughed, but I had no clue why. 'What the hell is wrong with me...'

"Alright, get in!"

I eagerly opened the passenger door, jumping into the van. "Thank you so much. I really appreciate it!" I tell the driver thankfully

"It's really no problem," he says "I'm Billie Joe by the way. Call me Billie."

My minds freezes for a moment. Billie Joe? the only Billie Joe I know is... Billie Joe Armstrong. "I'm Lola." I extend my hand and he shakes it. I feel a warmth spread through my body. I'm meeting my favourite punk rock star ever, or at least I think.

"Hey, do you happen to be Billie Joe Armstrong by any chance?" I ask quietly. He grimaces before awensering. "Uh, yeah I am."

I'm secretly really excited on the inside. But, I just play it Cool on the outside. "It must be really cool to be famous and all."

He smiles, his eyes on the road. "Well Lola, I just love what I do." He turns off the side of the road slowly. "So where am I going?"

I give him the address and he nods. He seems like a fairly nice guy. I haven't met a guy that I find half decently nice since me and my old boyfriend, Six broke up. His name was actually Bradley, but everyone called him Six. He was still my best friend, and we hung out all the time. But our relationship wasn't working out. So we stayed friends.

He had always helped me out with the rent, when I needed help that is. Working part time at a clothing store isn't always enough, y'know.

Billie's voice brought me back to reality. "What's on your mind?"

"Oh, just an old friend. You kinda seem like him." I tell him.
"Oh.. That's cool."

We continue to talk for a little while, but most of the drive was just awkward silence.

He pulls into my drive way, and I instantly feel a sense of loneliness. I used to never be lonely until Hanna died, then I was lonely all the time.

"Alright, I guess we're here."

"Thanks. It was nice meeting you, Billie."

"It was nice meeting you too." He says to me. I step out of the car, waving behind me. "Thank you!" I yell to him. He just waves and pulls put of the drive.

I slip my key into the doorknob, forcefully pushing in on it. The door creaks open unwillingly, making a large amount of noise as it does so.

I put my bag on the counter and sit in one of the chairs in my dining room.

The curious part of me wonders about him. About Billie Joe. But the other part of me, the more cautious one, makes me wonder if I should have even got in the car with him in the first place.

I feel my eyelids get heavy and decide to hit the hay for the night.

I walk slowly down the hallway, into my musty room. I lay down on the mattress, sighing.

My last thought before I fall into a deep sleep was a thought I've been wondering for a long time.

'You shouldn't get in the car with strangers, Lola.'
♠ ♠ ♠
I rewrote this because I simply wasn't satisfied and I though everything was moving too fast. Sorry!