Trains.Art.Carelessness.

~3~

April 6, 2013 9:30 AM

It's time to leave. To finally get off this train and start going on foot. I picked up my backs and walked down the hall of the train and looked at all the passengers watch me. I knew they were all judging, judging my parents, me, and Luke. Luke for telling me to do what I feel is best. Cause if he hadn't, his wife would have never been his wife. She would died years ago in that house. I visited Juliet's room and told her goodbye, and hugged Heather. She wished me the best of luck and prays that I be safe.
Father, remember when you got in that car crash? Remember how you told me as we sped down the mountain to close my eyes and think of something happy, something relaxing?
Well that's exactly what I did when I got off the train. I clenched my fists and thought of a happy moment when I heard the train speed off into the distance. I turned around, the train was gone, no sight of it. It's like it didn't exist. My heart began to pound. I was alone. I was actually alone. I sat on the bench next to me and took a deep breath. 'It only goes uphill from here' I thought. I took out the old compass grandpa gave me from when he was in the war. And I let it lead me.
And what was beautiful was even better then I had pictured. A beautiful forest, trees flowed through the land, and bushed sprouted from the ground. I stood in front of it's entrance. And took it one step at a time. One foot in front of the other. I slipped off my shoes and smudged my feet in the natural soil. I snuck through the forest and ran about all over the place.
Until, a sly dear raised her head at me. She perked up and dove her head down in curiosity. I bowed back out of respect. She bucked up and snorted, and turned her head away from me and walked off. After that I decided to set up camp and have it all set. Lunch was coming around so might as well do it now. I opened up my backpack and spread out my blanket and a pillow. I went the other bag and took out a bag of canned beans and popped the can open with a rock. After that I turned the can into a cup and just slurped the beans out of it. Occasionally a bird or squirrel would wonder over and visit me for a quick minute then head on off.
I stared down into the soft ground, the little paw prints circled all around my hand. I reprinted mine next to theirs. I let my body sink down and fall into my blanket. The whistling of the birds made me feel at ease and in peace. I shut my eyes. And knocked out.
~Isabell~
April 6, 2013 10:45 AM