‹ Prequel: Most Unromantic Ways
Status: update at least once a week xo

Make This Go on Forever

It's The Moment of Truth

"You're... oh my god! I can't believe it!" I shouted into the phone, jumping and flailing my arms.
"We're at 12 weeks.. Ana, I'm so scared. And happy. Oh my god, Jaime's been losing it too... he's so excited to be a dad. He's jealous of you guys, I think." Ali giggled into the phone, slap happy. It had been our first conversation in weeks, both of us being filled with our own seperate lives that we lost our friendship. But calling her was a great idea, finding out that my best friend is fucking pregnant .
Tony came through the door with grocery bags, my notification that I'd been on the phone for over an hour. Definitely time to go.
"Ali, I'm going to see you soon okay babe? I gotta go, love you! "
"Ok, ok! Come by soon. Love you." She said, hanging up. I sighed, a grin on my face as I pressed the end button.
"What's making you so happy?" Tony smiled, slinking up and wrapping his arms around my from behind. With his fingers he gathered my hair and brushed it to the side, placing gentle kisses on my neck.
"Can't tell you." I giggled, covering my mouth. Tony gasped in fake shock.
"Secrets? We can't have that... I'll just have to..." The menacing look in his eyes made me pull away and run, but he was much too fast for me. We were tangled on the floor, Tony on top of me as he tickled my sides.
"Oh, oh.. shit.. um, Tone.." I gasped, sitting up. The stitches in my stomach hadn't entirely healed from my C-section, and were suddenly aching in pain.
"Fuck! Oh fuck I'm so sorry. Fuck, I'm stupid." Tony said, his eyebrows knitted together as his eyes looked upset. He lifted up the hem of my shirt, checking the spot.
"I'm a fucking moron." Tony hissed, pressing his fingers to my side. He pulled back, his fingertips bloody.
"It's okay." I said, biting my lip.
"It's fucking not." He said, getting up. He lifted me bridal style and onto the couch.
"Stay there." He warned, running up the stairs. I sighed, waiting.
Hey, at least I didn't let the cat out of the bag about Ali and Jaime.
He ran back downstairs quickly, an entire first aid kit in hand.
"This will sting a little, okay babe?" Tony spoke quietly, ripping open a few packets. I nodded, letting him. The sting lasted a few seconds as he dabbed alcohol into the wound, but soon pressed gauze and a bandage.
"All better." He grinned, kissing the spot and slowly pulling my shirt back down. He kissed the other scars on my stomach, some self-inflicted and others from Eloise. I refused to look.
"Okay doctor Tony." I winked. Tony bit his lip, shaking his head.
"Don't even make me think about roleplaying, I'm going to get horny." He practically growled, hovering over my body. He kissed down my neck and my chest before pulling back up to my lips. We made out on the couch for a few minutes, my legs around his waist, until there was a sudden rap on the door.
Tony groaned, throwing his head back. I felt panicked, though. I was meeting his mother for the first time... what if she hated me?
"She'll love you, Ana. I promise." Tony whispered, pressing his lips to mine gently before getting up. He held my hand as we both got to the door. I heard him take in a deep breath before pulling it open.
"Hi Mama."
"Tony Perry, you terrible child. Running away from your mother." Tony's mom shook her head furiously as if scolding him, but had a grin on her face before wrapping her arms around him. I dropped our hands and stepped to the side, letting them have their moment. I definitely know what it's like to have an estrangled relationship with a parent, and also experienced the reunion.
"And you, you are... girlfriend?" Tony's mother smiled once they stepped apart.
"Ahem.. this is Ana. And she's my fiancee." Tony interrupted, grabbing onto my left hand. My ring was on plain display, Tony's mother's gaze dropping to it. Her jaw dropped slightly, and my stomach tensed.
"It's beautiful. Ana, it's so amazing to meet you. My daughter." She grinned, her hands on my cheeks before kissing them.
"You as well, Mrs. Perry. You've raised an amazing son, I'm happy to have finally met you."
"Gloria, but call me Mama."
I smiled at the comfort of her, already calling her mother. I knew my fears were for nothing, we would get along wonderfully.
"Would you like some tea?" I smiled, pulling away from Tony and heading for the kitchen.
"Yes dear. Now Tony, we have lots of catching up to do, how's that rock band of yours?"
I smiled to myself and walked away, letting them have their privacy as I put together a snack plate and started the kettle. About 15 minutes later I returned with an old teapot and teacup set from my mother, with cheese and crackers on a platter. Gloria smiled at me and clapped her hands together joyfully.
"You're wonderful, Ana." She smiled at me, pouring her cup. "Now, this wedding. If I've missed so much of my son's life already, I'm not missing this. When's the date?" She got right to it, sipping on her cup as she stared at me.
"Oh, um.. we haven't.. soon? There isn't-" I fumbled on my words.
"We'll sooner rather than later!" Mama Perry spoke up, noticing my nerves. I nodded, smiling.
"When Tony wants to."
"Now's good." He grinned, wrapping his arm around my waist as I sat on the chair with him, facing his Mom on the couch.
"Soon. Very good. Big or small wedding?"
"Small." Me and Tony answered at the same time, laughing. The conversation continued on with planning out details, where and when, if we would at a church, who would go, all that. I was just excited to put on a big white dress.
"And of course red roses -" Gloria was interrupted by Ellie crying out. Shit. "What was that?" She froze, her eyes wide as she looked around.
Me and Tony were silent, looking at each other with wide eyes. The moment of truth, I guess.
"Well Mama... I maybe left out..." Tony sputtered, and then sighed before spitting it all out. "We have a daughter. Her name is Eloise. Born 2 months and 13 days ago, two months premature. Ana had a c-section and we almost lost her. Eloise is healthy and beautiful."
Gloria sat speechless, looking between me and Tony as tears welled up in her eyes. We sat silent for a few minutes as we allotted the news to soak through her brain.
"Well, would you like to meet your granddaughter?" I interrupted quietly, smiling at Gloria.
She nodded furiously, and I held onto her hand as I led her upstairs into Eloise's room.
"Ellie?" I said softly, walking to the crib. "Come meet your Grandma Perry."
Gloria pressed a hand to her mouth as her eyes widened, watching me hold my beautiful baby.
"She's... perfect. She looks like Tony, oh God, I can just see him in her..."
I smiled at her, nodding with tears in my eyes as well.
"Would you like to hold your granddaughter?"
♠ ♠ ♠
i feel like no ones reading this, and i shouldn't bother posting the rest...