It's Complicated

Chapter 8

Wayne insisted on taking Annie to Miami. She refused at first, after all Miami was one of her least favorite places on earth. Wayne of course didn’t care and told her it would be the last place her father would look for her if he knew that she didn’t like Miami. Wayne took her straight to his mansion on the beach. Annie sat on the bed staring into space. “Are you okay?” Wayne said sitting down next to her. She nodded. “When I was seven, he hit me so hard I fell against the wall and was in a coma for three months.” Annie said softly. “Annie, don’t.” Wayne said putting his arms around her. “He hit me the other night, because I wouldn’t fuck him. I locked my bedroom door, he got so pissed that he broke the door down.” Annie said letting a tear run down her cheek. “Sick fuck.” Wayne said under his breath.
 
Annie woke in the middle of the night in a cold sweat, petrified that her father would find her again. She feared for what he might do to her if he found her. Last time, when she ran away from home he found her and dragged her into the house by her ponytail, threw her against the wall, raped her then hit her head against the wall until she blacked out. She didn’t want that to happen again. She hated her father for what he had done to her. She hated herself more. She wished she was dead, at least if she was dead she wouldn’t have to live in fear anymore. She hated herself for being a ‘bad girl.’ Maybe if she was a good girl her mommy wouldn’t have left and her daddy wouldn’t hit her and hurt her the way he did. She hated herself for everything. She hated her father for taking her virtue. All most guys want is to fuck a nice little virgin then dump her. Wayne was like that too but that was before he went to jail. When he came out, he came out a completely different person. He wasn’t the same badass asshole anymore.
 
Wayne woke from Annie’s sobbing. He got out of bed and sat down next to her on the floor. “Wanna talk about it?” Wayne said wrapping his arms around her. She shook her head. “Okay.” He said and kissed the top of her head. She cried into his chest for a while. She felt so safe with him, so secure. She felt like nothing in the world was going to hurt her when she was around him. Why did her father have to come and fuck everything up for her? “Wayne, I need to go to LA. I need answers.” She said breaking the silence. “Okay. I’ll take you there tomorrow.” He said and held her close for a while.