Status: i'm not good at schedules so yeah sorry

Every Night Is Lonely Without You Here

she's caught up in her new west coast town

I moved to Arizona back when I was thirteen. Coming from Detroit, I had a lot to adapt to and get used to. The temperature here was way different compared to Detroit. The people here were different, too.

I met John when I was out playing soccer with my brothers on the streets. Right when I kicked the ball—a little too hard, I suppose— John entered their garage through the back door and the ball hit him right on his crotch. He fell to the ground and cried out in pain, clutching the violated area. I ran and apologized a hundred times while he was curled up on the ground. Imagine how stressful it was to call out his parents and ask for a bag of ice while my brothers and I try to explain the situation. We've become inseparable since.

The first few times John was over, the two morons I call my brothers hoarded him over video games. But eventually he found interest in my boring life. Suck it, brothers.

We went to the same school. Everything was fine, except when girls would try to threaten me because of our friendship. Apparently, he was a heartthrob at this school. There was never a time I didn't find it funny.

Then came the time we tried out being in a relationship when I was in ninth grade. It was awkward as hell. We broke it of in like, two months. We were, what? Fourteen, sixteen? God, that was embarrassing.

In 2007, he joined a band formed by this kid named Pat. They all seemed pretty cool from the things John told me about after their short band practices after school.

"Hey, you should come to our practice after school," he said, a mixture of excitement and pride in his voice. He was doing his signature lopsided smile, where one side of his mouth was a bit higher than the other.

"Sure, if I don't have a lot of stuff to do."

"We suck though," he forewarned. "But the guys are nice. You'll enjoy their company."

"More than I do with you?" I smirked. He glared at me and I laughed as he extended his lanky arm to push me. "I'm kidding!"

He rolled his eyes, crossing his arms. "We all know I'm the coolest, funniest, most talented and attractive guy in this school."

I snorted, raising an eyebrow. "Ha, you wish!"

"Go ahead then, list three more attractive guys in here," he smirked.

"There's Cameron and Adam from your grade and that Carter dude from the football team," I stated.

John crinkled his nose, inching his head back. "Seriously? They're all douche bags!"

"At least they're hotter than you."

He rolled his eyes, smiling smugly. "Just admit it, Charl. You want me."

"Never in your wildest dreams, O'Callaghan," I say as I enter my next class.

"See you later Jacobs," he calls and I glance back before I take my seat.
♠ ♠ ♠
first chapter!!!!! i'm sort of motivated to update this often since i had a lot of ideas for this and i wrote some stuff beforehand so yeah