From Death to Destiny

3

He may have ran into the road while turning the corner.

The car may have drove onto the sidewalk while it turned that same corner.

Either way, they collided.

Danny was about to step into the bar when he heard it.

The tires screeching. Glass shattering. Screams filling the cold, dark, air.

Ben was the only thing that crossed his mind.

He ran down the sidewalk as fast as he could. Being only twenty-two and being nearly out of breath at the end of pavement really said something about himself. He didn't worry about himself though, all that he could think about was if Ben was okay.

Ben's body laid in the middle of the road, limp. He was breathing, you could tell by the way his chest rose and fell, but he was hurt. The car had swerved just in time to not full on hit Ben but it was smashed against a light pole. Danny ran to Ben his mind going a thousand miles a minute while he tried to processes what had happened.

This was all his fault though. He knew that for sure. It was all Danny's fault and if he hadn't of been so rude this wouldn't of happened. Ben wouldn't be injured. The brand new looking car wouldn't be smashed. The two boys in the back seat wouldn't be hurt. The baby in the back would actually remember what his fathers face looked liked. A good looking man wouldn't of been dead. But no, Danny had to be ignorant about everything, he had to always do the wrong things. It was all his fault.

The voices taunted him, over and over. As much as he wanted to blow his brains out to makes the voices stop he knew that Ben needed him.

Danny helped Ben to a sitting position on the pavement, away from all of the glass. He called for an ambulance then went to check on the kids in the back seat. He helped them out of the car one by one and onto the pavement next to Ben. Each of the three kids were crying. The two boys looked to be around six, maybe seven. The baby boy looked to only be a few months old.

This is all your fault. The voices told him while he looked at each boy. This is all your fault.

This is all your fault.

This is all your fault.