From Death to Destiny

4

Ben was looked at fast at the hospital. He was fixed fast and released in no time. Neither him nor Danny left the hospital though. They both were subconsciously worried about the kids that were in the car.

“Their adoptive mother died from cancer a few weeks ago. That was their adoptive father in the car, they're all going back to an orphanage now,” Ben told Danny as he sat back in his seat. He had just gotten up to talk to a doctor and now he felt even more horrible then he did before.

Danny looked up at Ben with wide eyes, a very scared look on his face. He wanted to say something but he couldn't. What would there be to say to that?

This is all your fault. His mind taunted him again. “I know!” Danny yelled angrily out loud, while he slammed his hands into his head.

“What?” Ben asked looking over at Danny with an eyebrow raised. When he looked over at Danny he was sitting in his seat with his knees drawn up to his chest and his hands pressing against his skull. Scared mumbled words blended together and poured out of Danny's mouth like hot tea. “Danny what's wrong?” Ben questioned turning his body so that he could see Danny better. “Danny don't do that you're gonna hurt yourself,” Ben said trying to grab Danny's hand with his one that wasn't in a cast.

Danny finally looked up a Ben, tears in his eyes. “Make them stop,” he begged staring into Ben's eyes.

“What?” Was all Ben could say while his head tipped to the side.

Danny didn't say anything else. All he did was moved his body closer to Ben's and put his head in the space between Ben's neck and his shoulder.

Ben wrapped his arms around Danny and held onto him tightly, knowing that's what he needed.

“Make them stop Ben,” Danny begged letting his tears flow down his face.

“Who stop? Who do I need to make stop Danny?” Ben asked lightly not wanting to upset Danny any more then he already was.

Danny couldn't form the words that he wanted to say. It was all to much for him to get out. He tried to climb into Ben's lap but Ben held him so that he would stay in his own chair.

“Ben,” Danny whined dragging out the 'n' sound.

“Danny tell me what's wrong. Please?” Ben pushed on.

Danny started to cry more and light sobs came out of his body. Ben didn't ask any more questions, he just held onto Danny tightly. He knew Danny had been holding all of this in. He knew that all Danny really need was to held, shown love, and shown affection.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have a feeling like this isn't as good as I think it is.