Status: completed.

Cliché

four weeks.

It has been four weeks since Hope admitted her love for Joshua. However, it wasn't under the best circumstances. They hadn't spoke to each other, giving each other space. They told themselves that it was the right thing to do.

*

Now, Joshua sat on his sofa, phone in his hand. He wanted to call her, she had said a few weeks - it had been a few weeks and he missed her. He missed the way her nose crinkled as she smiled, her light laugh and, basically - everything about her. Sighing, he pressed dialed the ever-so familiar phone number. He pressed the phone to his ear, waiting for her soft voice to answer, if she did.

The phone rung, and rung, and rung. Until, someone picked up. "Hello? Hope?" He asked, wondering why she hadn't said anything.

Someone coughed on the other line. He began to worry. He rose form his sitting place, running a hand through his hair, nervously. "Joshua?" Her voice rung in his ears; it made his heart flutter. "You're not phoning at a good time," she mumbled.

His brow pushed together in confusion. "Hope, what's wrong?" He questioned, pacing the room to calm his nerves and keep his worries at a distance.

She coughed again, "there was something I didn't tell you, and I still can't. Not over the phone anyway. B-but you can't come here,"

"I'm coming, Hope, if there's something wrong; then I'm coming and you can't stop me," he told her, clutching the phone. He was always there if there was something wrong with her, she knew that; why didn't she want him there this time? Was she worse than before? She coughed again, interrupting his train of thoughts.

She laughed slightly, it sounded strange. Coughs erupted from her mouth at the end of it. "I love you, Joshua, but I'm in the hospital," she said, her voice small, "you know, that one I went to when I crashed my car."

He stopped pacing, his mouth hung open. "You're in the hospital?" He asked, completely shocked. Then, the worry returned to him, and he was rushing towards the door. He grabbed his keys and a jacket.

"You can't come!" She almost yelled in his ear. He shut the door on his way out, locking it.

He chuckled, it was a nervous chuckle, "it's too late now, darlin'."

He heard the phone go dead, she must've hung up on him.
♠ ♠ ♠
asdfghjkl;

I can't even.