Status: completed.

Cliché

hospital.

He rushed through the hospital, trying to find the room she was in. It didn't take long. He spent ten minutes frantically running around the third floor, asking nurses and doctors for directions. Finally, he reached her room. He tried to calm himself before he opened the door, but he couldn't. Forcing himself, he pushed open the door. She lay on the bed, paler than he had ever seen her before. Her parents sat next to her, they were talking.

As he entered the room, all of their eyes were on him. He didn't move, he just stared at her. Words tried to leave his mouth, but all that came out was stutters of would-be words. Her parents shared a look before standing up and walking towards the door. He moved slightly out of the doorway for them to leave.

They closed the door behind them as they left. She covered her mouth as she coughed, violently. He walked towards her, worry plastered all over his face. "Why are you here?" He asked, looking down at her. Her blue eyes connected with his, the life looked like it had been sucked from her eyes.

"I told you not to come," she told him, bitterly. Secretly, she was glad that he did come. The last few weeks haven't been the same for her without him there. He held her hand and shook his head. "I don't know how to tell you," she admitted.

He sat in the empty seat next to her. He sighed, squeezing her hand slightly, "just tell me, please," he whispered.

She closed her eyes and looked down, her blonde hair covering her pale face. "I'm dying, Joshua," she choked out. His eyes widened as he stared at her. "I'm sorry that I didn't tell you earlier," she added, covering her face with her hands.

He tried to control his breathing. "Y-you can't die, not you. Oh, God, this can't be happening," he said, trying to reassure himself.

"I know this is big, Joshua, that's why I didn't want you to come, I-"

"Not come and then get invited to your funeral?" He snapped, icily. She shook her head, removing her hands from her face and looking up at him. She saw as a tear fall from his eye. She leaned forwards and wiped it away with her thumb.

She shook her head again, sighing. "No, I didn't want that," she mumbled, running a hand through her blonde hair. "I wanted to spare you the pain, Joshua."

"How long have you got?" He asked, taking a hold of her hand again.

"The doctor told me a couple of weeks," she whispered. He bit down on his lip. He couldn't believe that the girl that he had known for what seems like forever, was going to die.

"I'll stay with you," he told her, making her smile, "and I love you."

"I love you too," she replied.
♠ ♠ ♠
ugh, guys, just ugh.

homework should really be my main priority. but, this story came before homework. I'LL DO MY HOMEWORK NOW, I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY.
Oh, just a quick fyi: I'm thinking about having two more chapters until it's finished. I may change my mind - I do that often.