Status: completed.

Cliché

goodbye.

No matter what happened to him, she was his first love.

*

He held flowers in his hands, they shook slightly as he walked towards where she was buried. He wished that he had visited sooner, but he couldn't bring himself to. As he reached the grave, he fell to his knees, the flowers falling from his hands. His finger traced the engraving of her name on the marble tombstone.

Trying to control himself again, he placed the flowers on her grave. He didn't know what to do, he didn't know if he was meant to say something. Looking around, he just saw people place flowers and leave. That wasn't going to happen with him. He felt that if he stayed there longer, there would still be a faint connection between them. He lay on the grass, a sigh leaving his mouth. He thought about all good times they had, as well as the bad ones.

Neither of them believed in God, despite her mother's beliefs. Whether or not he believed, he knew that she would go to Heaven, her mother had even told him on the day of her funeral. Through the tears, she turned to him and told him how she had led a good life, and that her soul had gone to Heaven. He nodded as he remembered.

"I'm sorry," he whispered under his breath. Everything he had done, everything she had to fix, it had made her life difficult. It was all his fault; all of it. He wished he could have saved her, no matter what he had to do, he really wished he could. He wanted to see her everyday, he wanted to feel her presence next to him every heartbeat.

Covering his face with his hands, he tried to stop missing her so much. It was normal, of course it was, he just wasn't used to it. He had felt a connection to her since he set his eyes on her. If the feeling was mutual, he didn't know. He just knew, there and then, he would want to hold her in his arms for the rest of his life. That dream was lived short. Much like her life.

He sat back up, looking over his shoulder at her name once more. He stood up, running a hand through his hair. He wanted to tell her again and again how he felt about her, and so he did. He walked towards the marble tombstone, mumbling the words, "I love you," several times over.

"I'll never forget you, I promise," he muttered, turning he back on the tombstone. As he walked away, he took a glance over his shoulder at her grave. He could never forget her, but he had to move on. She would have wanted him too. But, it was going to be a difficult task for him.

Why?

Because he will never stop loving her, until the day he dies.
♠ ♠ ♠
i struggled so much with this; mainly because i don't want it to end.
BUT IT HAS TO. everything must end, this is no exception.

so, guys. onceee again, thank you so, so much for anybody who read, subbed, recommended and commented on this. it has literally made my life.
-end soppy moment, ha.

bye guys!