Status: completed.

Cliché

job.

She sat at the table, trying to keep her hands from clenching into fists. He paced in front of her, arms folded over his chest. He mumbled incoherent words underneath his breath as he kept casting her glances. She didn't avert her eyes from the table in front of her, not wanting to see how angry he was at her.

"How could you not tell me, Hope?" He asked, bitterly. She bit down on her lip to stop herself from making an excuse. She didn't know why she hadn't told him, maybe she didn't want to cause an argument. It was too late for that now. "You lost your job, Hope, what are we going to do now?"

She took a quick glance at him, and shook her head. "I thought you were going to have a promotion," she whispered in response. She didn't want to argue about this; not while everything was going so well for them.

"Yes, a promotion which three other people could get as well as me," he told her, icily, "you should of told me. Not your boss when I asked him where you were."

She placed her head in her hands and shook her head. "I didn't know how to tell you!"

"How to tell me? Hope!" He exclaimed, walking towards the table and banging it with his fist. "You know you can tell me anything, especially something as big as this."

She let her hands leave her head and she looked up at him. She couldn't form any words, she just looked into his eyes. His eyes showed anger, and fury, but also sadness. "Joshua, you've got to understand. You know how much that job meant to me, and then to lose it as quick as I did. Please, you understand, don't you?"

"How long have you been unemployed?"

"Six weeks," she managed out. She saw the fury in his eyes burn at her response. He opened and closed his mouth like a fish, trying to grasp how she could not have told him for six whole weeks.

"Weeks?" He choked out.

She nodded.

"Well, what are you going to do now? Are you trying to find a new job?"

She nodded again. "Yes, but you know, it's difficult now. No-one wants another employee," she told him, looking away from him. She knew that he was still staring at her, the fury died back down.

"Just find a job in a bar or restaurant, please. Remember, we need to pay rent for this place; and we agreed to split it. It's due next Monday, I'd go to the bank and see how much money you actually have, if I was you, Hope." He explained, walking away from her. She placed her head back in her hands as she thought about what he said. She would need to find a job, and soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am still pretty clueless as to where this is going.