Status: completed.

Cliché

news.

The phone fell from his grasp. He couldn't help it. The news he had just been given shocked him. He knew that it would come; but he hadn't expected it now. She had heard the sudden noise and run into the living room, wondering what it was. A voice could be heard from the phone. She bent down and picked it up. He shook his head as she placed it to her ear.

"Hello?" She asked. He reached for the phone and took it from her hand. He shook his head again as he ended the call. "Joshua?"

She watched as he walked to the sofa, and as he sat down. A slow sigh left his mouth as he ran his hands through his hair. She walked over to him and sat on the edge of the sofa next to him. He didn't say anything, nor did he look at her. His eyes never left the space on the wall in front of him.

Finally, he turned to her. "You know how my father was in hospital?" He questioned, his voice distant and small. She nodded, remembering visiting him several times. "He died in his sleep, last night."

She wrapped her arms around him, trying to comfort him. He wasn't exactly close with his father, but he was family, nonetheless. "Oh, Joshua, I'm so sorry," she whispered to him. He smiled gently at her as she pulled away from him. "Does your mother know?"

He nodded in response. "She was there, with him. She had fallen asleep also. It was my sister that had given me the news," he told her, looking down at his hands. She placed a hand on his arm.

"Are you going to be okay?"

He chuckled, a sad chuckle. "I will be okay, eventually, Hope. It was just the shock of it happening so fast," he replied, looking back up at her. She smiled at him, trying to make him happier.
♠ ♠ ♠
I should be doing homework, guys.

But, this is a good way to stall that.