Status: completed.

Cliché

tears.

The sky was clear and nice, quite the opposite of the atmosphere at the cemetery. He glanced down from the sky and at the scene in front of him. His mother had fallen to the ground, wailing uncontrollably. His sister had her hands on her mother's shoulder, trying to calm her. Silent sobs left her open mouth.

He looked to his side, she was there, grasping onto his hand. She hardly knew the man but he could see tears brimming her eyes. He had never seen her cry before; and now she was going to waste some water over him. The man that practically made Joshua's life hell.

And there it went. The first tear, the tear that slowly rolled down her cheek and down her jaw. Then, it fell from the tip of her chin, helplessly, and down onto the grass below them. She blinked, trying to force any others to stay. But, of course, more tears flowed from her eyes. He didn't stop looking at her through this. When she realized, she wiped her face with the back of her hand.

He was brought from his trance by his family. The two distraught women, who sobbed and wailed to each other over the loss of the main man in both of their lives. His mother looked up at him, surprised to not see him crying or joining them on the floor. She gave him a look of distaste. She didn't know what he did; nobody did. Not even Hope, and he told everything to her.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think I have a vague idea of where this is going. Vague, but at least I'm not completely clueless anymore.