Status: completed.

Cliché

embarrassment.

He lay on the bed her mother had set out for them. His arms were folded over his chest, and a look of annoyance was on his face. She opened the door and stumbled into the room; the wine taking an affect on her. He scoffed at her as she smiled at him. Closing the door behind her, she turned the light off. She bumped into a few things in the dark as she made her way to join him on the bed. Her weight made the bed dip in more. She placed her head on his chest and sighed.

"Hey, what's wrong with you?" She asked, poking him slightly. He grimaced at the feel.

"Tonight was embarrassing for me, Hope; I had everyone asking me why I wasn't drinking. I felt like a bloody kid drinking water while everyone else sipped wine in front of me," he told her, looking down at her blonde head on his chest. She giggled lightly and covered her hand with her mouth.

She glanced up at him, seeing his look of exhaustion and annoyance. She giggled again, "it's your own fault really, Joshua, you became an alcoholic; nobody forced you to."

His mouth fell open at her words. He moved away from her, and off the bed. Her head made contact with the empty space where he lay a moment ago. He stared at her in disbelief. "I'm sorry, did you think that I wanted to become an alcoholic? I thought you were more sensitive than that," he snapped, turning to walk to the door.

"Joshua, where are you going? Don't go, please, I'm sorry - I'm drunk!" She pleaded with him. He shook his head at her words. I'm drunk. He knew those words too well, seeing as they flew from his mouth often enough in the past.

He looked at her over his shoulder, the look of disbelief still on his face. "I'll see you later, when you're sober, Hope," he stated before walking out of the door.

He heard the voices of her family as they continued to drink into the night. None of them wondered or asked where he was going nearer midnight. Honestly, he didn't know either; he just needed some time on his own.
♠ ♠ ♠
I feel this is a rather useless chapter, but I wanted to include it anyways.