And Now We Run.

Who are you? (4)

"Who are you?" The Doctor asked the girl as he inspected her more closely.

She jumped slightly in shock, staring right back at him at first, looking him up and down and examining him. He ignored this, he was used to this kind of reaction at first impression of the incredible Doctor. Instead, he stood up straight and stared right back down at the girl, raising one eyebrow as an unnoticeable habit, resting his elbow on one hand while the other hand tucked under his chin. "And stop putting your mucky paws on my box!"

The girl immediately removed her hands from the box, freezing on the spot. Who was she and what was she doing, the Doctor asked himself. She had a peculiarly large ruck sack slung onto the one shoulder. A run away maybe? But that still didn't explain how she was able to even see through the perception filter on the Tardis. She shouldn't have been able to notice it at all. The perception filter was placed on the Tardis so people would just simply walk past and ignore it, making it seem like an ordinary object not to be taken notice of. There were only two available answers to as why the girl had taken sudden interest in the ship. And the Doctor didn't like the sound of either of them.

"I... Sorry," She said, looking down at her dog-eared trainers.

"Do you like it?" The Doctor asked, curiosity masked from his face as he stuffed his hands into his pockets and strolled over to the girl.

He place a large skinny hand on a wooden panel, tapping the wood, giving the box a loving look. When his sight returned to her she was looking at him like he had completely lost his mind. Maybe he had. 900 years of space travel can't be good for you. He was currently stroking a strange Police box from the 60s like some sort of lovable pet, it was enough to scare any normal person away.

The girl frowned slightly, licking her lips as she walked away backwards. "Um, if you don't mind me asking... What is it?" She asked looking the box up and down with distaste.

"Oh, don't you know?" The Doctor asked, looking up at the letters placed above the door and around each side, he pointed upwards."Police Public Call Box, surely they've taught you about these things at school."

The girl shook her head, seeming slightly distracted as she kept on looking over her shoulder in paranoia. "I don't exactly listen to much in school," She lied, her voice sounding slow and distant. "In fact, I can't say I've ever even been," She muttered as she peered round the corner.

"Never been to school?" The Doctor asked, his voice rising slightly.

"Um, yeah-no, I've never been," She mumbled, looking back at him. "I... Er, kinda have to go. I- I think my mum is looking for me. I... Yeah, I need to go," She said quickly before walking round the corner.

"Why are they looking for you?" The Doctor suddenly called after her, his face suddenly falling serious again.

The girl's head popped round the corner again, that same frown was still worn on her face. "Say that again?"

"I saw them chasing you back out there. Why are they looking for you?" The Doctor repeated more slowly. "Beca-a-u-u-use, you don't exactly look any different from anyone else do you?" The Doctor asked, approaching the girl as she stepped back into view, her face looking pale. "And my readings also say, apparently you're no different either." The Doctor told her, his tongue rolling about in his mouth. "But," he began, emphasizing the word slightly and letting it slide off his tongue. "That doesn't explain how you are able to see this box," he told her.

The girl blinked, again, looking at him like he had forgotten his marbles once more. "It's right there," She replied bluntly.

The Doctor nodded, "I noticed that."

"I can see it because it's-" She waved towards The Tardis, "Right in front of us."

The Doctor nodded, scratching the back of his head slightly. "Well," He curled his lips downward slightly "Yeah, but that still doesn't explain how you're able to notice the Tardis as an abnormal object-"

"-The Tardis?" She cut in, raising a dark skeptical eyebrow.

"Long story. Anyway, that still doesn't explain- Yeah, yeah, you get the idea," The Doctor muttered, suddenly pulling out his sonic screwdriver.

"I don't understand what you're trying to get at here. I can see it. It's real. It's right there. What are you? Why are you bugging me like this- And what the hell is that thing?" She quickly asked, eyeing the Sonic Screwdriver as the Doctor flicked it on and started pointing it at her. She cringed slightly at the continuous beeping noise, waving the thing away with an annoyed expression across her face. "Stop that," She snapped, glaring at him.

The Doctor flicked the Sonic Screwdriver off again, placing it back in the breast pocket of his long brown coat, his gaze was scrutinizing and was becoming extremely irritating. The girl shifted about on her feet looking away feeling uncomfortable with his constant examination. He flicked his coat back, shoving his hands into the pocket of his brown pinstripe suit instead.

"Want to see?" The Doctor asked, stepping back and heading towards the double doors of the Tardis.

The girl's eyebrows knitted together slightly in befuddlement. "In there?" She asked, pointing towards the Tardis.

"Well, yes," The Doctor nodded, suddenly looking more bouncy than usual. "Come on, no dawdling!" The Doctor pressed, swinging the wooden doors open.

The girl frowned again, narrowing her eyes at The Doctor as she watched him disappear through the doors. "Hang on," She called after him, moving forward.

The Doctor's head popped out from the door. "What is it now?" He pressed impatiently, an excited grin displayed on his face, his large brown eyes glinting.

"This is mad," She said, motioning towards the Tardis. "This thing is from the 60s, there is no way that it could be in such good condition. And where the hell did you get the key?" She narrowed her eyes, "Has this come from some kind of museum or something. Is it even yours?"

The Doctor's lip curled downwards again as he shrugged, he did that a lot. "You could say that, although, I wouldn't exactly put the old girl as "rightfully mine"."

The girl frowned again as the Doctor stepped aside, motioning that she follow him. She rolled her eyes. "Yes yes, an empty 60s police box, I'm sure this is "all so very interesting" but I really need to go." She muttered stepping past the Doctor. "I honestly don't see what the big deal is abo-" She froze. "Oh My God," She breathed, growing pale as she looked around the inside in awe.

The Doctor leaned against the wooden door frame, smirking with both pride and triumph as he watched the girl stare in awe at the room before her, completely astonished by what she was seeing. He knew what was coming next, and he closed his eyes and waited for her to say it. Just those five common words. He heard her gasp and smiled.

"Is this a copy of the Codex Of Leicester?" She asked astounded, holding up a dog-eared bound very old frayed book from off the chair.

"Yes, yes, I know. It's dimensionally transcendental, that's how it happens to be this big on the insi- Wait what?" The Doctor suddenly asked, cutting from his boasting of knowledge and opening his eyes, looking towards the girl as she held up the Codex Of Leicester. The Doctor frowned, looking more flabbergasted than ever. "Haven't you noticed anything?" He asked sounding disappointed as he stood up from the doorframe and began walking towards her.

The girl blinked, "I've noticed a lot of things, the main one being that I'm currently holding one of the most rarest books in the world."

"Not even the most obvious?" The Doctor asked, his voice going a little high and squeaky.

"Um... Like what?" She asked.

"It's bigger on the inside," He informed her slowly and quietly.

"Oh yeah. That too," She mumbled, her gaze shifting towards the ceiling before it snapped back to him.

"Well, is this a copy of the Codex Of Leicester?" She asked, giving it to him.

The Doctor took the book and looked down at it sighing. "No," He began and her shoulders slumped, he looked up, placing it back on the chair. "It's the real thing, lets say me and Bill Gates had an agreement."