Youtube University

Chapter 16

The day before we were due to leave for Christmas break Taylor and Carrie came into my room with their hands behind their backs.
“What are you two up to?” I sniffled only recently having stopped crying over Luke… again.
“Well um… we bought you these for Christmas to cheer you up” Carrie said pulling six concert tickets from behind her back and handing them to me.
“God Carrie you are crap at this” She said rolling her eyes “They are for IM5 I know they are your favourite at the minute and we thought you need cheering up and also knowing that Dalton is your third and final youtube crush I thought it would cheer you up a lot to see him in person”
“Wait Dalton’s not a youtuber though” Carrie pointed out.
“Technically he does have his own youtube channel where he posts his own covers, so I count him as a youtube crush” I shrugged “There is one flaw in your plan though guys, the concerts in America”
“That’s why we have these” Taylor said pulling out six plane tickets from behind her back and handing them to me “Here, we leave on Wednesday, Dan, Phil and Alex Day are coming with us as well. Your mom has already said you can go and we are going to go now because my mom just texted me, she is here to pick me up but I will see you Wednesday, bye guys” she hugged us both and left the room.
“Yeah I have to go too but I can’t wait for Wednesday see you then” Carrie hugged me and left the room. I put the tickets safe in my purse and started packing to go home. I had almost finished when Dan and Phil walked in.
“Hey Amy, we are heading out we just wanted to say good-bye and we will see you Wednesday” Phil said giving me a hug then leaving the room he called “Dan I will meet you downstairs I have to go talk to Peej”
“Bye Amy have a good two days we will see you when we go to America anyway. Are you feeling any better about you know who?” he asked
“Yeah a little bit, it’s stupid because I should have known something like this was going to happen straight from the first date with him staring at the waitress’s chest. It just fucking sucks! He was my first boyfriend and with my luck he just had to be a major bag of dicks!” I yelled frustrated, tears forming in my eyes. Dan’s arms circled around me and he held me there for what like forever and that was exactly what I needed.
“Most of the Janoskians are dicks Amy it’s just what they are there is no changing that it’s just a shame you had to experience it from this close” he whispered in to my hair “Come on your mom will be here soon and Phil is waiting for me”. He released me from the hug and picked up my suitcase for me.
“Dan Hun?”
“Yes Amy”
“You know I can carry that right?” I laugh
“Yes” he answers but continues carrying it I just laugh.
We arrive downstairs where my mom and Phil are chatting.
“You will look after her right? I’m trusting you Phillip you are the adult on this trip” my mom was having a stern talk to Phil about the trip to America and he looked terrified, in his defence my mom can be a terrifying woman when she wants to be.
“Hey mom, ready to go and stop terrorising my friends?” I ask jokingly.
“Come on smart arse the cars the car is out front” she said pushing me in the direction of the door I hug Dan and Phil again grab my case from Dan and walk out the door calling a final good-bye over my shoulder on the way out.