Youtube University

Chapter 8

“So Taylor, what do you want to do this evening?” Dan asked me.
“I don’t know what can we do?”
“Well the guy next door to me just borrowed my Thor DVD and I remember Amy saying something about it being your favourite film, so you could go get that if you want” Thor was my favourite film at the minute for many reasons: 1. The plot was good, 2. The villains story line was fascinating and 3. Tom Hiddleston. Come on, I am only human; of course Hiddles is a reason.
“Okay sure” I got up from where I had been sitting on Dan’s bed and walked next door to get the DVD, the door was decorated with a lion that seemed familiar, all the doors were decorated differently but no one had explained why. I knocked on the door and waited for the owner to appear. I probably should have asked Dan who it belonged to before just barging over, well it was too late now that person was opening the owner was opening the door, the owner was Amazingphil. He looked rather shocked to find an 18 year old girl standing outside his door.
“Hello can I help you?” he asked, I stood shocked for a few moments before shaking it off. I heard laughing from behind me. Dan.
“Sorry, Phil this stunned mess is Taylor, she is Amy’s friend and a really big fan of yours” Dan tells Phil. I stay as still as humanly possible still shocked that Phil was standing in front of me, I have joked about how I would be confident when I met him, flirted, joked and been my usual charming self but no I was standing outside his door like a plonker with my mouth open. To make that worse, Amy was right; Phil was at least 10 times hotter in person.
“Hello Taylor nice to meet you. You look really familiar, are you on YouTube?”
“Erm, uh, yeah I’m littlemisstay, i do vlogs and such… kind of like what you and Dan do” I say shakily and he chuckles.
“I have seen some of your videos I think, you’re the girl who did the ‘how to be a successful fangirl’ videos didn’t you?” I could barely comprehend what I had just been told. The Amazingphil had seen my videos.
“Yeah that was me they were some of my earlier videos…” I trailed off
“Sorry to break up… whatever this is exactly but we were going to watch Thor, would you like to join us Phil” Dan cut through.
“I would love to let me just go fetch it.” He said without taking his eyes off me making me blush he then went into his room and picked up Thor. “Dan do you want to go fetch popcorn or should I?”
“I will go, here is my key go set up Thor and I will be back in a minute” with that Dan ran off down the stairs to the kitchen and we went back to Dan’s room, I was still really nervous, Phil is my favourite youtuber ever and as I mentioned earlier he was really hot.
“So Taylor, how far away are you from coming to school here?” Phil asked me. He was referring to my subscriber count and how many away from 100,000 I was.
“I am about 500 away, it’s going to take me a while to get them though, I haven’t had a new subscriber in a while but I am happy with the amount that I have got.” I really wanted to go on about how he would be gone by the time I managed to get enough subscribers.
“That’s too bad, shame you don’t have a slightly more popular friend that just promo’d you…” he smirked.
“Seriously?”
“Yeah you seem really nice and if you went to school here I would be able to get to know you better” he said just as Dan walked back through the door.
“Right so who is ready to watch Thor then?” he asked putting the popcorn on the bed.
“Meeee” I squealed causing them to laugh. Dan pressed play and we settled in to watch the film.