Youtube University

Chapter 9

After Carrie left I got a shower then chose an outfit to wear. It was a lot harder than I thought it would be, I don’t go on dates actually I’ve never been on a date. We were going to TGIF so I suppose smart casual but what classes as smart casual? I picked out a dress I bought a few weeks ago, it is a blue dress with white and blue flowers with a blue belt that I had bought from Oasis, I just hoped it would look alright. It would have to do anyway. I then heard a small squeak outside the door so I decide to check it out. I opened the door so I could just about see what was going on but it wouldn’t be obvious. Stood in the hallway was a very stunned looking Taylor, a very confused looking Phil and a smug looking Dan peeking out his door like I was. I had the slightest suspicion that he hadn’t told Taylor who lived there. I let out a laugh and immediately covered my mouth Taylor glance round confused then glared at Dan who chuckled then looked back at me. He winked and smirked than went to join Phil and Taylor, oh how I wish I could be there for that conversation.
I retreated back into my room and checked the time 6:30pm I had half an hour before Luke came to pick me up so I turned on my iPod and got out my make-up bag. Fall out boys latest album came on and I started to get ready I put on smoky eye shadow and spent 10 minutes trying to get the wings on my eyeliner even but eventually I was ready with 15 minutes to spare so I started dancing around the room to phoenix. Half way through the second chorus I turn round to see Luke standing in the doorway.
“Um… the door was open, but don’t just because of me.” He laughed making me blush.
“You’re early” I state, the floor becoming very interesting all of a sudden.
“Don’t be embarrassed, everyone dances crazy in their rooms when they think no one is watching although usually it doesn’t look so choreographed” he commented I only blushed in response and turned the music off , he then turned it back on and swung me around the room and we danced until the song had finished. “Shall we go then?”
“Yep let me just grab my bag” I smiled. We walked to the restaurant as it is only a few streets away and neither of us can drive. It was a nice night and we walked along in a comfortable silence, our hands occasionally brushing against one another. It only took us about 15 minutes to get to the restaurant where we were immediately seated
“I think I forgot to tell you because of all the dancing, you look really nice.” I blushed again and thanked him pulling the menu up over my face. Thankfully the waitress came up then to take our order, not so thankfully she seemed to like Luke and apparently Luke liked the look of her.
“Are you ready for me to take your order sir?” she asked with a stuck up little giggle at the end.
“Um yeah I think so, Amy are you?” he asked without looking away from the waitress making her smirk.
“Um yeah I will just have the classic burger and a coke please.” I said finding my place mat very interesting all of a sudden.
“I will have the same please” Luke smiled at the waitress. It had just occurred to me that Luke had said we should meet up, he said nothing about it being a date, I let out a disappointed sigh, why would someone like Luke like me any way.
“Amy are you okay?” Luke asked concern filling his eyes
“Yeah I’m fine” I said forcing a smile. “She was flirting with you big time” I winked at him, he just laughed
“Was she? I didn’t even notice, I was too busy looking at the American eagle pin on her waistcoat, I use to have one when I was little but I lost it, it was a shame really it was one of my favourite possessions” he told me, I wasn’t sure if I should believe him but it made me feel better at least. “Plus why would I pay attention to her if I am on a date already I mean that just wouldn’t be classy” he said making me blush again but this time I had nothing to hide it with so I covered my face with my hands “will you stop that? It is really cute when you blush” he said grabbing my hands and pulling them away from my face but not letting go of them, until after the waitress came back with our meals looking quite angry. He was forced to let go of my hands so we could eat but we kept playing footsie under the table. He insisted on paying but I left the tip and then we walked back to the dorms hand in hand we stood outside of my dorm.
“Thanks Luke I had a great time.” I smile. His gaze moves from my eyes to my lips as he moves closer, crashing his lips into mine. It was perfect, I smiled into the kiss not wanting it to end, but of course it had to we pulled away.
“Night babe” Luke smiled.
“Night, night” I sighed and walked into my dorm and up the stairs.