Over the Love

I

Most stories start with the classic yet incredibly cliche," Once upon a time...". My story? Well, it may sound and it may appear like a modern day fairytale,but that couldn't be any farther from the truth. It's so much more.

But I'll let you be the judge of that.

I suppose I should begin this story from the very start, yes?

Well...alonsy!

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"Hi, my name's Isabelle Vendetto and-."

"State your buisness or ID or get in the back with the rest of them," the security guard cut me off pointing to the massive and very hysteric crowd behind the wooden stand. With that I dug into my purse, desperate to get my ID.

"I'm the new production assistant," I explained shakingly as my nerves caught up with me now that my ID was hiding somewhere in my clutter. "I'm supposed to be here and a Ms. Helena Shaffer is supposed to-."

"Nice try, Miss. Get behind the stand," the security guard cut me off yet again. Being a typical New Yorker, I wanted to cuss him out with every word in the book; however, I wasn't in New York. I wasn't even in America.

Cardiff, England to be exact.

"Just give me a moment to get my ID for Chrissake!" I snapped at him as an impulse. Realizing what I had done, my blood nearly froze and I felt my hand glued to the inside of my bag.

"She's with me, Ed!" a woman with the thickest mop of dirty blonde curls cried as she pushed past the guard in a very dominiative way. She walked up to me and eased my nerves with a small smile.

"You must be Isabelle. I recognized you from the picture on the resume. I'm Helena Shaffer," she greeted me. I shook her hand even though I was prepared to hug her for saving me.

"Thank you," I told her after taking huge deep breath. "I thought I was I going to be fresh meat for the people back there."

Helena laughed and remarked of the crazy fans," That would be our fandom. They come to watch us shoot and to be lucky enough to catch a glimpse of Sherlock himself."

It was the summer before my fourth year in college and through my screenwriting professor, I scored a summer job as a production assistant for the BBC show, "Sherlock". So, I packed my bags and left the Big Apple and headed for Cardiff, England for two months.

Helena led me inside a trailer and let me settle in before getting a tour of the set. I plopped on the couch on set my purse down when Helena offered," Tea or coffee?"

"Tea please."

As Helena fixed my tea, she asked," So you're from New York?"

"Yes I attend college there."

"Where?"

"NYU Tisch School of the Arts." Helena sat beside me as she handed me my tea.

"Well New York, let me tell you something before we begin our tour," she said with a sigh as she leaned her head on the palm of her hand . "This isn't fun time. This is serious work here. I assume you'll do what is required of you because I'm not always going to be there to help you. I'm Gatiss's assistant so I've got his errands to deal with. That being said, pay very close to attention to what you learn and what you are told today because tomorrow is when you start on your own. Now, you will be communicating with the actor's here. I'm sure you are aware that the media is quite obsessed with both Benedict and Martin at the moment and so that said, everything must be confidential. One slip up and the media could destroy this show. To make this all short and sweet, keep production going and follow every order. Understand?"

"You won't be disappointed," I assured her as I took a sip of the tea. This job would be the beginning of everything. My head was cleared of any funny buisness and the working girl mindset locked in.

I had the golden ticket and now I had to prove I could do the job with no issues or distractions.

Seemed easy, right?

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"Isabelle, this is Steven Moffat, our show's creator, and Mark Gatiss, our writer. This is Isabelle, the new PA."

Mark Gatiss shook my hand first and greeted," Pleasure to meet you and welcome aboard."

"Very nice to meet you Isabelle," Steven Moffat added as well. Starstruck but composed to the best of my ability, I smiled and said to the two men," Pleasure to meet you and very excited to be here."

"You've seen the show, I presume?" Mark asked. Had I seen the show? I practically spent all-nighters just having my own marathons. That and being mesmerized by Benedict Cumberbatch. He knows how to play a character and he knows how to do a damn good job - something I find sexy.

...I know.

"I'm a big fan," I told the two men excitedly. "I kid you not, I probably annoy my roommates with my "Sherlock" marathons."

Mark and Steven chuckled amusingly at my statement. As they got into a discussion with Helena about getting some techinical issues fixed, my eyes peered around the Cardiff streets were filming would take place. my eyes wandered when they locked for second on a figure.

Walking on the sidewalk across the street, Benedict Cumberbatch in full Sherlock costume walked with a group of his assistants. They laughed and talked all around him, but he was focused on getting to where he needed to go. It was weird, I admit, to see a star walk quietly while his people chattered around him rather than with him. I noticed his eyes looking down as if something wrong was carried on his shoulders.

I could feel the heartbeat in my chest rise and the fixation on his every move and every step. Once he was long past and done the street some more, a little voice popped into my head.

"No distractions Isabelle. No distractions."
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know what you thought! Hope you all enjoyed!