Status: Rated for mostly for language.

Inside Out

Stained Shirts and Lunch Dates

The only downside of England was the weather. I have officially lived in London for one year now and have yet to get used to the cold, dampness of it. It was June and university was over for the summer.

It was a Saturday afternoon and I was laying on the bumpy couch with sweat pants, a hoodie, and my fiery hair in a matted mess atop my head, while watching David Tennant's seasons if Doctor Who.

Nothing could get me to move from the spot.

"Blake!" Evie called from her room.

I groaned and yelled back a response. She soon emerged, looking nothing less than perfect.

Evie was one of those girls who had it all. Her natural blonde hair fell straight, her eyes were the exact color of the sky on a cloudless day, her skin looked like something off of a magazine, she was a size one, and stood at a lovely 5'6. Quite a few inches taller than my 5'2 frame.

The only problem she had was with clothes. Always the tomboy, she knew nothing about fashion.

Hell, she thinks crocs are adorable.

I paused the tv and rolled my eyes at her outfit. "Please tell me you aren't leaving the house."

Evie glared at me and crossed her arms. "You're criticizing me? I don't think you could look more lazy right now."

I shrugged. "Where are you going?"

"Just for lunch. My dad sent me some cash so I was going to get something other than your impressive cooking skills," she stated, "wanna come with?"

I nodded and stood up, letting my joints pop from laying on our falling apart sofa for too long. I walked to my bedroom before turning around and throwing a flip flop at Evie.

"I'm a damn good cook!"

___________________________

"I thought we were going to eat, not on a fucking walk," I grumbled to Evie as I ran my hands up and down my arms.

"Quit being a baby. It feels good out here," she responded as she sucked in a deep breath. "When was the last time you were outside for more than twenty minutes?"

I glared at her, but didn't respond.

"You're a hermit, Blake."

I narrowed my grey eyes and didn't make eye contact with anyone. Evie was one of those outdoors-y girls. Her little brother was a Boy Scout and her father was a leader or something. She spent a lot of time camping or playing American football outside with a bunch of guys.

Evie closed her eyes for a moment and enjoyed the air. It definitely wasn't as stuffy as our little flat, but you could still practically smell city on it. I stopped walking and turned around to face her, just in time to see my slim friend get bumped into.

He reached out to steady her and started to apologize profusely.

My eyes widened as soon as words left his mouth. I started at Evie and she stared at him.

Liam Payne.

The reason we came to London.

"I'm so sorry. I should have been watching. Are you okay?" He rattled off, staring at the dark liquid that was now staining her favorite white shirt.

She was in a trance and tilted her head slightly, something she does when she's dazed or confused.

"Huh?" she breathed out and I slapped my hand to my forehead. We rehearsed what she would say so many times in case we saw him by chance, yet here he is and that is what she says.

"I asked if you were all right," he repeated.

"Um, yeah. I'm fine."

I breathed out a sigh. This was going much worse than I ever thought possible.

"Let me give you money for a new shirt," Liam offered motioning to her top.

Evie looked down and was surprised that there was what appeared to be coke or Pepsi on her top. "It's fine, really."

"No no," he responded and pulled out his wallet, "I need to get you a new one or something."

"I'd rather you buy my lunch," she joked casually and I smiled as she started to snap out of her daze.

He smiled and nodded "where were you headed? Anything you want is on me!"

Evie turned to look at me. "I have Blake with me..."

I shook my head. "That's fine. I'll go home and watch some more Doctor Who and eat cereal."

She bit her lip and I smiled. "Have fun," I practically sang as I walked away from them and hailed a taxi.

_________________________

I choked out a sob as I read The Fault In Our Stars. It was my fifth time reading it, but I can't get enough. The door flew open and I looked up to a giddy Evie. Picking up my phone, I saw it was nearly six pm.

"Holy shit. That was a long lunch," I said to her with a thick voice as I closed the book.

Evie grinned and flopped on the couch next to me. "Yeah. We talked a lot. They're on break from tour for a few days."

I nodded. "Did you get his number? A date?"

She sighed and shrugged. "Maybe."

"Maybe?" I snapped, "God, Evie! This is what you came to London for! Don't tell me you choked!"

"I didn't choke!" She defended, "he got my number, so it's all up to him. Plus, he's only back for a few days. I shouldn't even expect him to call."

"You're right."

We sat in silence for a moment before her phone began to blast Little Mix's wings. She dove for the phone and quickly answered it.

I sat in silence as she planned a breakfast date. As soon as she hung up, we both started to squeal and jump around the living room.

"I'm going on a date with him!" She yelled as we continued to jump around.

Someone pounded on our floor and we ceased our jumping but continued to laugh and giggle like schoolgirls.

"I can't believe it!"
♠ ♠ ♠
There will be quite a bit of Liam and Evie's relationship from Blake's point of view.

So yeah.