Status: This is very short. Just an idea I had.

Kiss It All Better

one of one

"Ow!" He scowled, and I just laughed. "I'm already hurt and you're hurting me more!"

I pushed the cold compress around the reddened area on his forehead. "You know, John, I don't know why I'm putting up with your shit, but I am. So just be thankful I'm helping you. Besides, what normal teenager would sneak out their father's stock of beer and get so buzzed that they run into a wall? If I didn't take you in at this ungodly hour, your dad would have killed you already."

I handed him the ice pack and cleaned the cut that had dried up with blood on his eyebrow. A whimper escaped his throat as I dabbed the cotton of clear disinfecting liquid on the cut. "You gonna cry, John?" I chuckled, as I reached for a band aid and placed it carefully on the right spot.

"You'll never see John O'Callaghan cry, Katie. Fat chance," he said, putting the ice pack down. I threw away everything that was needed to be and put away the different bottles that I got from the first aid kit. I went into my room and plopped down on my bed. Glancing at my digital clock, it was three twenty five am. Sleep's quite impossible now.

"Katie?" I heard from my bathroom.

"Yes, John?"

"You forgot to do something." His voice echoed inside. I walked up to the door frame and leaned my head. He was in the same position as I left him. I crossed my arms, "What?"

He had that infamous smirk on. "You forgot to kiss it all better."

I rolled my eyes, but kissed his forehead anyway. "Better?" I just knew he wouldn't stop asking me to do it, and I'd be so annoyed that I'll give in.

"Much." He smiled.