Break Away

Trust

I've never been so stressed in my entire life. Today is the day my parents meet the love of my life.

I know it could be something way worse that what is happening, like my parent's funeral or my lover's funeral, but to me it's like the world is about to crumble right beside me. I know I shouldn't be so selfish and so uncaring of much larger tragedies, but before I found my love, my parents were pretty much the only ones that got me. That didn't find me weird or thought I was an asshole. But they never accepted the fact that sometimes in my life, they will have to share me with another human being. They never wanted to believe that one day I'll be living to make somebody else laugh, smile, or cry from happiness. That I'll love her more than I have ever loved them.

They aren't aware that seven years ago I met the most beautiful woman. Even after all this time, I still love them more than anything in the entire world. She is my reason to keep breathing but now I get her all to myself. For the rest of my life. I can't let myself make a stupid mistake and lose the one I love because I'm too scared to tell my parents that I found someone for me. My true soulmate. Now that we're married for the rest of our lives, I wouldn't change it for anyone. Not even them.

I know they were boiling with anger when I told them that I was bringing a special someone to our monthly family dinner but I also know that in their minds, they think it's a fresh relationship that they can break apart easily.

"I'm so happy to finally meet you, Mr. and Mrs. Johnson. Travis talks about you all the time. You two mean so much to my love."

I can't believe how sweet Ashley is being to them. She's been stressing over it for weeks but it's fills me with love to see how much she would do for me.

It's my mom's turn to speak. I can already predict that it won't end up well.

"I must admit, I was very reluctant about meeting you. I know that you and my boy probably don't know each other that much so it probably won't last for much longer anyways. At least you are a woman though. A really pretty woman. Not a fag. I could never accept that someone would sin so much around my son''

At least she accepts her. But does she really accept the love of my life?

"The thing is mom, to you and to everyone else Ashley is a girl. But to me, the one that shares his life and everything else with him, I know that he'll never truly be the facade that you see."