Alice in Wonderland

1/1

Words couldn't begin to describe how stressed I've been lately. My boyfriend, Austin Carlile, has now been away on tour for two months and I miss him so much. He plays in a band called Of Mice & Men and he is constantly touring. Normally, I would join him on tour, but I couldn't find the time to go. Not only that, but works been a nightmare. I never got the promotion I wanted since my new boss doesn't like me, and I'm working 15 extra hours a week for the same amount of pay. It was Seattle's busy time of the year, so I had no choice but to do the extra hours.
After finishing this paperwork, I decided to go home and have a relaxing bath.

Today was Halloween, which was my favorite holiday. It was tradition that I would go out with my best friend and my boyfriend to celebrate, but work was too hectic just now.

I filed the remaining papers back into the overfilled cabinets as best as I could. I stood up and grabbed my handbag.

“Katherine, that's me going home now!” I called to my boss.

“You better not be late again tomorrow Alice, I want you here 8A.M sharp with the rest of that work finished!” My boss frowned.

I mumbled 'bitch' under my breath before exited the hell I call work.
I begin to walk home, wrapping my jacket around my shivering body since the cold nights were here. I smiled as I turned onto my street to see the kids out trick or treating. It was late, so most houses were giving out their last pieces of candy to the overexcited children. Growing up, I would always dress as Alice from Alice in Wonderland since my name was Alice. My mom would take my best friend and I around each and every house to get our treats. I grin at the memory as I finally reach home.

I unlock the door, walk inside and shut it again. I flicked on the light to see a trail of rose petals on the floor leading to the kitchen.

“What the?” I questioned to myself as I follow the path. I entered the kitchen to see my boyfriend sitting at the dining table. He was in his best clothes and the table was decorated with a white sheet, candles lighting the whole room, a plate with my favorite meal and the remaining rose petals sprinkled along the surface.

“Hey babe,” Austin greeted as he stood up and pulled out my chair so I could sit down.

“Austin, did you do all this?” I gasped.

“Of course! It's been so long and it's Halloween. Did you really think you were going to return home to me sitting in my boxers eating Chinese takeout,” Austin joked.

“Well actually...” I teased.

“Shut up, now come on and eat! We have a special night planned and it took me 100 attempts to cook this for you!” He laughed.

“Austin, you really didn't have to do this for me,” I said.

“Alice, I love you, I want this to be special,” He grinned with that heart melting smile of his.

“So, how was tour?” I asked as I began to eat.

“Really good, how is the food?” He asked nervously.

“Delicious! Are you sure you done this all by yourself?” I responded.

“Yes, but you should have seen the mess I made before I cleaned it up!” He chuckled.

I laugh as we both continue to enjoy our meal.

Once dinner was eaten, we had chocolate cake. Austin tried to be romantic by suggesting we feed each bite to each other. I smiled as I ate the sweet, chocolatey dessert off the spoon Austin brought to my mouth. I returned the gesture and giggled when he dropped a piece onto his chin. He poked his tongue out to try and lap it up but failed to do so. I laughed at the concentration on his face when he tried to get the chocolate back into his mouth.

After dessert, he lead me into the living room to watch a few DVDs. We watched horror movies since it was Halloween, starting with my all time favorite, Friday the 13th. We lay down on the couch and Austin lay behind me, spooning me. He pulled a blanket over us as the first film started.
About halfway through the film, there was a knock on our door. Austin paused the film and we both got up to answer. I opened the door and we were met with two trick or treaters.

“Trick or treat!” They said together in perfect sync. One of the kids was dressed in a princess outfit, like Cinderella. The other one was in a spiderman costume.
“Do you have any jokes or dances?” I asked.

I nod at Austin so he can go get the candy, since I wasn't fully prepared.

And as if they had been practicing for years, the two children began to sing and dance to the teapot song.
”I'm a little teapot,
Short and stouts.
Here is my handle,
Here is my spout.
When I get all steamed up,
I just shout.
Tip me over and pour me out!”


I laughed and clapped my hands at the young children's performance. Austin returns with candy and puts it into the pumpkin shaped bags the trick or treater's were carrying. They thanked us and walked away.

“Happy Halloween!” I called after them.

This was one of the reasons why I loved Halloween, the atmosphere was fun and there is something for everyone. Austin and I head back into the living and watched the rest of Friday the 13th.

After that, we watched Halloween, Saw, Child's play and then Scream 4 (since it was the best one). It soon approached midnight just as the last movie ended. I gasped as Austin picked me up bridal style and carried me up to our room. He kicked open the door and lay me on the bed, which was covered in petals and roses. He sat down beside me and took out the bottle of champagne from the ice bucket it was resting in. Austin pours us both a drink. We cling our glasses together.

“To the most amazing and beautiful girl in the universe. Alice, I love you so much, I'll never understand how I ended up with someone as gorgeous as you,” he said.

“I love you too,” I blushed and we drank our champagne.

The rest of the night Austin and I made love and it took the stress away. It was definitely one of the best nights of my life. Needless to say I called Katherine the next morning and told her I was sick. She was angry with me but at the end of the day, I had the most amazing boyfriend in the world, Austin Carlile.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3