Status: work in progress

Dream Without Fear, Love Without Limits

Two- Sidney POV

Every hockey player could tell you, having an injury suck, having a concussion suck even more. But, they'll get over it because they have their familly, wifes or girlfriends to help them. Media will talk about them the first week of the injury but they'll quickly forget about it until the player is ready to come back.

When your name is Sidney Crosby, it's a different thing. Let me be clear here, I dont think I'm better then anyone and I dont want all the attention that I have, but I can't do anything about it. I'm the face of the NHL, the youngest captain who had win a Stanley cup, the golden boy. So, when I'm injure, everyone is talking about it, media, friends, fans, haters and they dont stop until I came back to the game.

It's been almost a month since I had my first symptom and every night since that moment, every sports media report anything ''new'' about it. Pat and my dad ask me not to pay to much attention to it. Well it's easy to say but not easy to do. I can't do any sports, not even going in the gym, well technically, because I'm going to the gym on a regular basis. I dont have any girlfriend, the last one broke up with me two weeks ago, saying that she can't date a hockey player who can't seems to stay injury free. Yeah, that was what you can call real love.

Anyway, I dont need any girlfriend it would be a distraction, like Pat and my dad said, I need to focus on my injury. But, I don't think my teamates feel that way, they've keep saying that I'm miserable, that I need to get laid. I keep answering them that with the headache that I have , I wouldnt last long.

So, with no girlfriend, no familly around and most of my friends being hockey players, I spent most of my time either at the arena or in the gym. Team Doctor keep telling me that I need to rest at home as far away as possible from the arena or a gym.He thought that I was pushing myself to hard, hopefully he didnt know that I have a gym in my house and that I was spending most of my free time, when I didnt have terrible headache, there.

'' Hey Captain!'' I smile and nod when I saw Duper coming at me.

''What's up Dups?'' he had that serious face he usally use when his kids did something wrong. I knew then that my day wouldnt be as great as I thought it would be.

'' Team doctor wanna talk to you''

'' Why?''

He shrug and made his way back to the locker room. He totally know why. I sigh and start walking toward the Doc office. I have a feeling that he wont say things that I want to hear, I'll be freaking upset and all my plans for the weekend will be destroy. I sigh again before knocking slightly at his door.

'' Come in Sid and make yourself comfortable''

My body tense at his words and my brain is on a red alert : Bads news! Bads news! ALERT! Bad news! I could feel the beginning of a terrible headache.

'' Sid, what I'm going to say to you wont please you, I know. But I talked to Mario and your Dad and they both agree that it was for your best.''

Wait, he talked to Mario and my dad? That wasnt looking good. Would they trade me because I was worthless right now or send me back in Nova Scotia? Dont get me wrong I love my home, but being with my dad everyday of the week wont help my concussion.

'' I know that you go at the gym regulary and that you even have one in your basement.''

Great who told him?

'' Your teamates really worry about you and they should be. It's been one month since your first symptoms and we dont see any improvement. It's even getting worse.''

I look at him surprise. Worse? I thought I was on a good way for a fast recovery.

'' Don't look at me like that. I received the result of the tests you did on wednesday. The only thing that I learn with them is that your pushing youself harder then I thought. Sid, I can't be your doctor anymore.''

''WHAT! You can do that!! I was starting to get better, I SWARE!''

'' Sid, calm down please. Yelling wont help you.''

I pinch my nose showing him he was right. My headache was getting worse and I was about to throw up. When he saw how bad I was, he gave me some pills. I didnt know if my symptoms were getting worse because of my concussion or because I was so freaking upset.When I look at him, he seems to be scare. I guess my frustration was showing in my eyes.

'' I dont understand doc. What will I do if you dont want to be my doctor anymore?''

'' Well, like I said, I talked to Mario and your dad about that and we came to three conclusion. First, you need to move into Mario's house again, they dont have any gym and he will be able to keep an eye on you, so you wont push yourself to much.''

''What!! I'm not eighteen anymore I...''

''Dont start arguing Sid, we wont change our mind. We think it's for the best. Second thing, you need to stop coming here.''

''NO! NO WAY! Hockey is my life, no way you can stop me from coming here.''

''Well, I guess you will have to find another purpose in life. Anyway, you wont have much time to come here because of the third point. You will have a new doctor who have nothing to do with the team, Doctor Sullivan. You will have four appointments a week with him and a physical therapist. They'll be the one to tell me when you'll be ready to come back here.

'' That's bullshit. Basically, you're asking me to give up on my liberty, my friends, to report myself to Mario, like I was eighteen all over again, and a doctor who dont know a thing about sports injuries.''

'' Well... Yes''

'' A-W-E-S-O-M-E! Are you done?''

'' Yes. No wait, Mario want you to move in before your appointment with Doctor Sullivan this afternoon at 2 pm.''

I sware, if I didnt leave his office right now, I would murder him. Upset wasnt the word anymore, I was furious. I realize that I was already outside , near my car, only when I heard someone calling my name.

''Sid, man, slow down!''

I turn around to see four of my closest friends, Flower, Tanger, Geno and Gronk. They seems to be aware of my situation by the way they were looking at me.

'' That whole situation suck man but we want you to know that we're in this together. We will help you the best that we could.

I smile at Tanger.

'' We will help you with the move out and we'll still do our boys night tommorow at my place. Just with least alcohol I guess.''

'' Thanks Flower, I appreciate it guys but if you have something better to do...''

''No. Nothing better to do then help a friend.''

I smile, those guys were like my familly , we grew up together and knowing that they wont give up on me, touch me.

'' Well let's do this''

Move in wasnt as hard as I thought I would be. I stayed at Mario's house long enough to consider it like my second home. But by 2 pm, I was freaking tired, my headache was getting worse and I was still upset. So it's in that state of mind that I'm on my way to my appointment.

When I open the door of the health center, I sigh in relief. It was empty, my presence wont create any buzz. I made my way to the receptionist. I glance at her before introducing myself. She seems to be beutiful. No, she is beautiful. Not the kind of woman who usually caught my eyes, I was more into blonde chicks, like the one right beside her. But, she is a natural beauty, she have a beautiful olive skin and dark brown hair. I couldnt tell the color of her eyes since she didnt notice my presence yet.

I clear my throat before introducing myself, hoping that my voice wont come out with a girlie pitch. When I am in front of a beautiful woman, I am nervous and my voice became my worse ennemy.

'' Hi! I'm Sidney Crosby!''

No reaction. Well from the beautiful woman in front of me, at least, because the one right beside her realize who I was about five minutes ago, her eyes are wide and her mouth is open. The woman in front of me seems to realize that I was standing in front of her. That's the moment when I really saw her. She wasnt beautiful, she was gorgeous, her almond eyes were shining with happines and her bright smile seem to help me forgot the reason why I was standing in front of her.

'' I'm sorry, I was day dreaming. What can I do for you?''

I could tell by her accent that she was canadian. That turn me on a little bit more. That's when my brain start working again. I dont need a girlfriend. Plus, I always said to myself that I wont fall for a girl who's working behind a desk. I need someone who like to move, who like action. That cool me off a little and I answer to her a little more colder then I want.

'' I'm Sidney Crosby and I'm here to see Doctor Sullivan, he's waiting for me.''

''Well, go sit on your throne, mister Crosby, little people like us will take good care of you and I'll call Doctor Sullivan right now.''

Wait what? No one ever talk to me like that! I stare at her to make sure I didnt imagine what she said. You never know with a concussion. But she shoot me a cold smile. Well that answer my question. I decide that it was the perfect moment to go sit in the waiting room.

About ten minutes after that scene, doctor Sullivan call me into his office. I didnt pay much attention to what he say. After all, they ask me to come and report myself here. They never mention anything about listenning to him.

I only begin to pay attention when I heard a femine voice behind me.

''You asked to see me Doctor Sullivan'' She didnt even glance at me. I think she doesnt like me very much.

'' Yes Kallista, come in.'' I couldnt help but think that her name was perfect for her. She sit next to me, I try to smile at her, I dont want her to think that I'm a jerk. She ignore me and turn her attention to the doctor.

'' I know that you need more money and since you will graduate in less then a year in physical therapy. I thought it would be great for you to help me with mister Crosby.''

She look at him surprise and then look at me, she probably want me to protest but I like that idea.

'' No, no way! I can't work with HIM! He think that we're little people at his service.''

She put her hand on her mouth realizing that she said that out loud, in front of her boss. Yes, she really hate me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know Sid's concussion are in the past but I really really want to write a story about how I imagine he deal with it. That's why that chapter is longer because I want to introduce you guys my version of Sidney Crosby. I always picture him to be a little stubborn when it come to hockey business. Next chapters wont be post as fast as that one, but I'll try to update it every week.
Thanks for the person who subscribe and thanks to Ladyfiaran for your comment. If you need any help with your french for your fanfiction, I would me happy to help.