We Could Watch It Fly and Just Keep Lookin' On

Eat Or Be Eaten: Panic In The Forest

"Which one of you has the scroll?" The yellow clad Genin ran at the three of them, kunai in hand. "I'll have to use force now!" Sasuke jumped up.

"Fire Style, Phoenix Fire Jutsu!" Sasuke sent bombs of fire towards the enemy while Suzume jumped into the trees in search for Naruto. She found in a bush, tied up.

"Some help here!" Suzume threw a Kunai, cutting the ropes and giving Naruto a weapon. "Thank you!" Suzume stood on a branch and the air began to kick up around her angrily. The Genin was pushed into the pair by Sasuke and she used the air to push back down on the nin, sending him roughly into the ground, his face smashing into the soil. Sasuke went for the ninja but he ran away quickly, clutching his chest.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If the four of us get separated, don't trust anyone, even if they look like one of us," Sasuke look a long swig of water. "There's a possibility that an enemy could transform into one of us and try to approach again."

"So, what should we do?" Sakura leaned forward.

"Let's decide a password..." Sasuke said after a minute.

"Password?" Naruto asked slowly.

"If he gives a different answer, don't trust him no matter war he looks like, got it? I'm only gonna say this once, so listen carefully. First you will ask, 'he Ninja Song "Ninki?" The answer is the following... 'It is a good chance when a large number of enemies are making a scene. There are no hideouts even in a quiet place. It is important for a ninja to know the right time. The time when an enemy is tired, and has his guard down.' That's it," Suzume blinked slowly. That wasn't a song, it was a paragraph!

"Got it..." Sakura said quietly.

"Can you say it one more time?" Naruto asked.

"I said that I am only going to say it once."

"Could you not remember it all?" Sakura asked accusingly. "You're stupid... I memorized it right away."

"I remembered it perfectly too!" Naruto said with enthusiasm. "I just wanted to be sure by hearing it one more time."

"Suzume, you keep the scroll, okay, you're the quickest, you'll be able to get away if we're ambushed..." At that moment, a huge gust of wind pushed the four of them back. "Suzume!"

"I'm on it!" Suzume pushed her palms forward and her own wind pushed the gust back, clearing the field. Three Grass Ninja could be seen once the dust cleared. The middle one spoke first.

"You two go have fun somewhere else. I will go in alone from here," the other two ninja disappeared, the middle pulled out her scroll. "You want our Scroll of Earth, right? Since you have the Scroll of Heaven..." Suzume gasped, how did she know that they had the Heaven Scroll? Suzume nearly gagged when the demon wrapped it's tongue around the scroll and swallowed it whole. This was the same Grass Ninja that had licked her face when she was saving Moegi before the Chunnin Exams started. "Now let's being... the fight over our scrolls... By putting our lives on the line!" Suzume gasped as she felt her body leaving her. Blood spattered over the ground and trees, and bird cried at the sight in witnessed. Suzume dropped to her knees. She lay on the ground, no clothes covering her body, kunai through her palms and feet, keeping her on the ground. A pair of red eyes staring down it her. Sasuke threw up beside her as she dropped to her knees. She had just witnessed the moment of her own death!

"Suzume?" Sasuke looked over at his teammate, she was shaking, staring off into the distance, had she just seen what he had? Suzume couldn't move, she only could sit there, those images running through her mind like a tape in a VCR. Stop, Rewind, Play, Stop, Rewind, Play... it was terrible... The Grass Ninja was walking towards them, Kunai in hand, but she couldn't move. She wouldn't move, if that Ninja was going to kill her, then so be it, any fate is better then the one she had just seen. Anything was better then being at His mercy, seeing those red eyes just before she died. She could feel herself being pulled up as a Kunai was flung at her forehead. Suzume screamed as blood surrounded her. Sakura covered her mouth to keep a screaming as blood splashed across the front of her. Sasuke felt like throwing up as he watched the scene. A giant snakes fang dug into the back of Suzume's right knee, lurching back, ripping the skin, muscle, tendons, cartilage and ligaments away from her knee. Suzume lay on her stomach, her knee joint was easily visibly, the white bones visible from the crimson red blood. It was just bone rubbing against bone now. She was screaming, the nerves were still there, she felt the entire experience, there was no escaping the pain. Sasuke threw a handful of Shuriken at the beast, and it dropped, blood dripping from the head. The team gasped as the snake's skin opened and the Grass Ninja appeared from within the snake.

"You can't let your guard down, not even for a second. Prey needs to strain it's mind all the time, and run around...in the precense of a predator!" The ninja went after Sasuke but was stopped by a handful of Shuriken.

"Sorry, Sasuke!" Naruto stood on the limbs above them, arms crossed. "I forgot the password!"
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope to have up to part 31 out by tonight! :D Please comment! Tell me what you think about her injury or the vision, do you know who it is?