We Could Watch It Fly and Just Keep Lookin' On

Bushy Brow's Pledge: Undying Love And Protection

Suzume looked down at her wrapped knee, Sakura had fallen asleep on watch, Suzume had woken up in the middle of it. She couldn't move her right leg at all, she had tried, the sound and feel of her bones grinding together had made her throw up. The sound was like two pieces of metal grinding together, the pain was unimaginable. A squeak caught her attention, a squirrel was running towards her energetically. A paper bomb taped strategically to it's back... Suzume lazily through a kunai at it, landing in front of it and scaring it away. "An injured look out, kind of dangerous, isn't it?" Three sound ninja stood before her, they had appeared in seconds. "Can you wake Sasuke? We want to fight him?"

"Over my dead body, you freaks."

"That can be arranged..."

"We know your man, Orochimaru is behind all of this! So just get lost and bring him here, I have a bone to pick with his snake, literally," the three ninja stared at her, waiting for the time to strike. This was bad, she was injured, couldn't even move, and her three other team members were at best, passed out. The three ninjas jumped at her, and she ducked.

"Konoha Whirlwind!" A green blur kicked back the Sound Ninja, and landed gracefully in front of her, it was Rock Lee. "The three of you need to work harder!"

"Who are you?" The head Sound Ninja asked.

"Konoha's beautiful green beast... Rock Lee!"

"Why are you here? Shouldn't you be with your team?" Lee turned to her and smiled, the squirrel she had chased away sitting on his shoulder.

"When you are in danger, I will appear at any time. It was thanks to you..." Lee kneeled in front of Suzume, and laid the squirrel gently in her lap.

"But, right now, I'm your enemy too."

"I told you before," Lee smiled at her. "I'll protect you until the death," Suzume sighed and smiled, looking at Lee fondly. He smiled back and flicked her bangs gently.

"I'm still gonna help you, even if I can't walk."

"Konoha's Perfect Tag Team?" Suzume chuckled.

"If you want to name it..." The sound ninja ran at Lee, who turned around and dipped his hand into the earth. Suzume's eyes turned green and Lee lifted a think tree root out of the ground, blocking the ninja.

"Your attack has some kind of trick, right? Then I won't dodge it in a normal way! I saw your moves before, on Suzume! I will defeat you one at a time with everything I have!" Lee bowed his head and began to undo the tape on his arms. "Protect an important person!" Lee disappeared and reappeared under the Sound Ninja, kicking him under the chin. "I'm not done yet," Lee pushed himself into the air, his bandages wrapping around the sound ninja. Lee and the ninja fell towards the ground, Lee began to spin them around. "Take this! Secondary Lotus!" Suzume growled as the sound ninja's partner used his Jutsu to soften the dirt, so he wasn't injured. Something caused Lee to freeze, was it the Jutsu he had just used? He just barely dodged the attack from the sound ninja, but Lee immediately grabbed his left ear in pain.

"I will teach you that there is a wall that you can't pass with only hard work..." Lee was panting beside her, and Suzume reached over, laying her hand on his. Lee looked at her shocked, but smiled and nodded slowly.
♠ ♠ ♠
I did it, I made my goal. I really love Lee in this part. Something in me says a relationship is sparking ;) :-P