We Could Watch It Fly and Just Keep Lookin' On

The Assassin Of The Mist!

Suzume sighed heavily and smiled to herself, she loved being in natural environments like this. On the open sea, in a dense forest or the rim of a volcano, it was like heaven on Earth.

"Mr. Tazuna," Kakashi sounded very angry. "Before we reach the pier, I want to ask you something. The men who are after you, I need to know why? If you don't tell us, I'm afraid I'm going to have to drop this mission when we go ashore."

"I have no choice but to tell you, no I want you to know the truth. Like you said, this is beyond the scope of the original mission. The one who seeks my life is a very short man who casts a long and deadly shadow."

"Who is it?"

"You know who he is, at least I'm sure you've heard his name before. He's one of the wealthiest men in the world. The Shipping Magnet, Gato."

"Gato? Of Gato Transport?" Apparently Kakashi knew him. "He's a business leader, everyone knows him," yeah, except Suzume.

"Gato, he's a famous tycoon from a well known business that's true. But below the surface is the same ruthlessness he uses to take out businesses. He sells drugs and contraband using gangs and Ninja. It was one year ago, when Gato first set his sight on the land of waves. He came to our island and used his vast wealth to take total control of our transport and shipping. Anyone who tried to stand in his way completely disappeared. In a land made up of islands a man who controls the sea controls everything. Finance, government, our very lives. But there's one thing he fears, that bridge. When it is complete, it will join us to the land and break his control. I am the Bridge Builder."

"So, since you're the brains of this op. then you're the main target," Suzume shook her head slowly.

"So that means those guys we fought in the forest were this guy Gato's henchmen," Sasuke concluded.

"Basically yeah."

"I don't understand, if you knew he was dangerous then you knew he would send Ninja to eliminate you. Why did you hide that from us?"

"Because the land of waves is a small and poor nation, even our nobles have little money. The common people who are building this bridge, they can't pay for an A or B-ranked mission, it's to expensive. If you end the mission when you drop me ashore, there will be no bridge. They'll assassinate me before I am able to finish it. But don't feel bad about that, of course my little grandson will cry," crap, the guilt trip, it always works.

"I guess we have no choice," Kakashi scratched his headband. "We'll have to keep guarding you."

"Oh, I'm very grateful," the land they arrived in was warm and sunny, the ground was hard and the trees were a lush green. Tazuna led the group down the path to his home. Naruto ran out in front of Suzume and through a Kunai knife into a bush.

"Something's following us!" Suzume pushed the bushes aside and looked at where the Kunai was. A rabbit lay against the tree, the Kunai just centimeters from it's left ear. 'That's a rabbit, but it's fur is white. It's fur should be brown this time of year, not white, it's only white during the winter months for camouflage. That rabbit must have been raised indoors away from heat and light...' She picked up the rabbit and cuddled it gently.

"Look out!" A large sword flew through the air, she dove out of the way of the blade just in time. The large sword carved into a tree and a ninja stood on it's hilt. "Well well, if it isn't Zabuza Momochi," Kakashi stood up fully. "Rogue ninja from the Village Hidden in the Mist," Kakashi grabbed onto the hood of Suzume's jacket and pulled her to her feet, and pushed her behind him.

"Kakashi Hatake of the Sharingan Eye,"

.::.[(Sharingan?)].::.

"It's to bad, eh? That you'll have to hand over the old man."

"Quick, Mangi Formation, protect the bridge builder and stay out of this fight," Kakashi lifted up his Ninja Headband and opened his left eye. 'Kakashi has the Sharingan?!' A heavy mist fell over the land. They all jumped into formation. Sasuke in front, Sakura left, Naruto right and Suzume taking the back. She couldn't even see the battle from where she was stationed. He seemed to disappear into the mist, she stared at the water she was standing next to. The mist was intensifying and all she could hear was her own breathing. She couldn't see anyone, she couldn't hear anyone, she was alone. A large figure appeared in front of her and she gasped frightened, her breath hitched in her throat. Kakashi appeared beside her and stuck his Kunai knife into Zabuza's chest. Instead of blood, water dripped from the wound. The real Zabuza appeared behind Kakashi and swung the sword around his body. Suzume flipped over the sword but Kakashi was sliced through the middle. The two halves of Kakashi's body turned into water and another Kakashi appeared behind Zabuza, a kunai knife pressed to Zabuza's throat. "It's over."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment Please!