Status: Bananas

Our Pain Will Shine a Light

Safeguard

Chapter 10
Ashley's POV

"It's been a week and three days Roberta. I don't even know anymore."

"You talked to him two days ago right?"

"Yeah, but he doesn't want to come over."

"Ashley, that kid was nothing but trouble. You shouldn't be surprised."

"He wasn't. He had a good heart Roberta."

"Yes, because insulting me and something that I strongly believe in show signs of a good heart."

"But I know him."

"You don't know him Ashley Purdy! You think you do because he reminds you of her, but let me tell you something, your mom was your mom and Andy is Andy. You can say that you're not comparing them but you are. You couldn't save your mother, so you're trying to save him."

I looked at her then looked back down at my hands.

"Is that such a bad thing?"

"No, it's not. But answer me this question."

"Okay...?"

"Do you like him a lot, maybe even love?"

"Well yeah, but I wouldn't say love. And before you go all being gay is a sin, know that I'm happy with him. I like him a lot, okay?"

"Yeah. I see that Ashely. Look, you're happy and I'm glad for you. I haven't seen you smile as much as you have been lately. I can't say that I'm okay with this, but I'll try to understand and be accepting for you."

"Thank you. I'm going to go get a drink tonight. Come with me?"

"Alright."

I stopped and looked at her sideways. That's what I wanted, but come on. It's Roberta.

"To a bar and club? Really? You alright over there?"

"I know you're not going to one of those hip hop clubs. We're going to Ricks place, the club where your one friend plays."

"Right. Let's go then. I'll pay."

_____________________________________

"Hey, can I get you two anything."

"Yeah, just give me a shot a Jack, and get her a Green Martini."

"No No. That's too much for me."

"You're at a bar. What else would they have?"

"A glass of peach wine please."

"Yes, Ma'am. I'm CC by the way. I'm not sure I know who you are, but your friend here is Ashley, right?"

"Yeah, that's me," I said raising my hand.

"Look, I have a friend who works in a music store. The pay's great. I heard Jinxx and his girl talking about your money situation, and I'm the one who paid off you bills."

"You did? Oh my god. Thank you so much. You don't know how thankful I am. I want to repay you now is there anything I could–"

"No sweat man. Here are your drinks," He slid our glasses to us then there was a crash in the back. "Shit. I'll be right back."

We could hear voices and a tall black haired boy came from the front.

"I'm so sorry CC! I'll take the blame."

"Andy," I whispered. Roberta looked at me and followed my eyes to the blue eyed boy that was staring back at me. There was a panicked look in his eyes, and he looked both ways before running though the employees only door. "Andy!" I called, but he had already disappeared. "What the fuck is his problem!"

"Ashley, calm down," Roberta said next to me, her hand on my shoulder.

"But, he looked right at me and ran! What did I do to him?"

"We should leave. Pay CC and let's go."

"Okay."

After giving him his money Roberta and I went on our way. I dropped her off at home and went back to my apartment. Opening my cell phone,I dialed Andy's number and got no answer.

Did I do something? The least he could do was tell me. I went to the kitchen and got a bottle of vodka out of the pantry. As soon as I opened it my phone rang. It was Andy.

"Oh now you answer!"

"I'm sorry. I can explain later just please help me."


This Andy wasn't angry or sarcastic, he was vulnerable and hopeless.

Hold on Andy. I'm on my way, where are you?"

"Outside, near the club."

"Go inside hun. It's safer."

"No it isn't! He's going to find me Ashley!"

"Who Andy?"

"Ashley please!"

"Alright, calm down. Hide. I'll find you when I get there. Go! Now!"

"Okay. Ashley I–"


"Go!" I shouted frustratingly into the phone. I didn't hear another peep out of him which meant he had left. The line went dead and I grabbed my jacket.

_____________________________________

I pulled back up to the club and parked my car. It seemed like I'd been yelling Andy's name for a life time before I was approached by Rick. He was wearing a black suit with a red tie and his black hair was jailed back.

"Ashley Purdy?"

"Yeah. Hey Rick. Look, have you seen Andy?"

"Andy Biersack? Yeah. He ran out of the club about 15 minutes ago. I came out here to look for him. You see, he came in to work and something must have happened and he ran. I just wanted to console him."

He smiled at me, but something told me that there was something wrong about this.

My gut proved correct when my phone vibrated in my hand.

Don't believe him. Just go back into the club with him.

I looked around the area for a sign of Andy, and I couldn't see him, but I did as he told me.

"He probably went back in through the back. Let's go look for him there," I suggested.

He nodded and smiled again, leading me back into the club. I looked around again and noticed nothing.

Going back into the club, I could hear Rick mumbling but I couldn't understand him. I tried to find an escape rout so I could go back and find Andy.

"Ashley?" I turned to the voice to find Jinxx standing at the bar with a glass in his hand.

"God Jinxx. I need your help."

I whispered the plan to him and started following Rick again. I roamed again and there was a crashing sound, then a loud screech.

"What is going on!" Rick yelled turning back to the club's main room.

Instead of following him, I went into the employees only door. Andy was crouched in a corner, his notebook and phone in hand.

"Andy?"

"Ashley!" He jumped up smiling with open arms.

"Oh god, Andy. Is it you?" He nodded against my chest. I pried him off of me and my heart dropped. His lip was busted and his cheek was lined with dark purple. "Andy what happened to you?"

His smile faded and tears leaked down his face. He shook his head and held his arms out.

"T–take me home please."

I nodded, picked him up bridal style and carried his crying figure out one of the back doors.

He said take me home...my house? Home? Alright, I'll take you home Andy Biersack.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello everyone! How goes it? I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Also, I've been writing for We Don't Belong, so be looking forward for more updates for that. Thank you so much, and I love you all.