Status: Bananas

Our Pain Will Shine a Light

Comfort

Chapter 11
Andy's POV

On the way to Ashley's house I sat in the front seat with one of my hands covering my face and the other in Ashley's.

"You're alright Andy. You're alright," He cooed, stroking my knuckles with his thumb. Eventually, we pulled up to Ashley's apartment building."You're going to have to walk up the stairs, Autumn."

I wish he would stop calling me that or at least tell me why.

Once in the house, Ashley took me back off of my feet and took me to his room. He laid me on his bed and started trying to take my shoes off for me.

"Wait, Ashley," He looked up and raised his eye brows. "I'm not hurt anywhere else. It's just my face."

"Oh, sorry. I'll be back okay?" I nodded and watched him walk around the bed. Before he got to the door my stomach growled. He scrunched his eye brows together and looked at me in question, "When's the last time you ate anything?"

"Two days ago," I told him truthfully.

"Alright, I'll make something, but as soon as I come back you're telling me what happened."

I nodded again and opened up my notebook and pulling the pen from the spiral on the side.

Day 10
Dear Mom and Dad,
Ashley rescued me from that hellhole today. I'm afraid. That bastard busted my lip. All I did was break the glass. It was an accident, but he didn't seem to care. After I was back in the room Matt told me that he's had my phone this whole time. He saw my face and he busted into tears. He gave me my phone and told me to call Ashley and that's what I did. We said our goodbyes and I ran. Ashley distracted the guy and now I'm at his house. I really really like him and I should tell him that now. I love you two.


I sighed my name to the bottom and reread the page. Sitting the notebook aside, I stretched out and laid on my side. Ashley reappeared through the door with a bowl of hot steaming noodles and a wash cloth.

"This is all I had," he said, sitting the bowl on the night stand, "Here, let me see your face."

I let him take my chin in his hand and examine my face. He dabbed the rag on the line that settled across the right side of my cheek, and after he dabbed it to my lips he kissed them.

"Ouch." I whimpered.

"Sorry Autumn. I didn't—"

"Why do you keep calling me that?"

"Calling you what?"

"Autumn. Was that your moms name or something?"

He chuckled and shook his head, "No, it wasn't my moms name, but I'll tell you what it means when you give me the story. Eat and talk at the same time," He said handing me the bowl.

I can't believe Ashley saw me here. I tried going back to the room with Matt, but Rick caught me before I could get there.

"Andrew, come back to my office with me."

If Ashley sees me again, he'll call my name, and that'll make Rick angry. Just stall Andrew.

"Yes sir. I have to tell you something though. I–I broke a glass at the bar and—"

"Yes, that's what I would like to talk to you about."

"Well I can just stay here a few more days to pay it off. I'm really sorry sir I—"

"No, no. You'll pay for it right now in my office."

Well. Guess there's no use in trying now. I followed him back through the doors hoping that Ashley had left. Luckily, he was just going out of the door.

Once in Rick's office, he stood in front of me and grabbed my chin. He gave me a disgusted look and drew his right hand back to strike me across the face. I gasped, and I tired my hardest but a tear leaked down my face.

"Now you want to cry little whore?" He hit me again, but this time he struck me in the mouth. I tasted blood on my lip, but I tried my best to take it like a man, "You're going to be sorry."

After that, I remember him calling me worthless and knocking me out. I'm guessing that he sent Matt in to drag me back to the room because woke up to him staring down at me with a sad smile on his face.

He told me his version of the story, and he pulled my phone from his pocket which he's had this whole time.

"Ashley's called you like five times. I want you to call him, tell him what's going on, and run. You got that?"

"But what's going to happen to you?"

"I'll pretend I knew nothing about it."

"Won't that put me in more danger though?"

"Not if you leave a note threading to call the police. He's afraid of the cops."

I nodded, opened my notebook, and wrote the threat. Me and Matt hugged goodbye and I called Ashley. From there on it was a game of cat and mouse. I had gotten outside of the club and Rick knew it too.

I saw Ashley's car pull up and I saw Rick and I quickly told him the plan. I ran back in the club with hopes that he would find me.

"Andy?"


"And that's what happened. Now tell me why you keep calling me that."

"Alright then. If you must know, by the fifth day you didn't call me back, I got all mushy and I said I'd do something for you so I though of a cute word to call you."

"So you came up with Autumn, the time when leaves fall and people dress up like idiots and knock on strangers' doors?"

"That's Halloween, yes Halloween is in Autumn, but that's not how I view i. Autumn is beautiful and peaceful. Plus I came up with an acronym."

He reached for a piece of appear that was on the nightstand and opened it.

A-Admirible
U-Unique
T-Trusting
U-Uplifting
M-Miracle
N-Never giving up.


"Wow...that's really sweet."

"You're Autumn to me, Andy."

"Call me Andrew when you're being all intimate."

"Andrew?"

"Andrew, that's my real name. I mean, you can say Andy is my real name, but Andrew's on my birth certificate."

"Okay then, Andrew."

I smiled and pulled Ashley on the bed with me. Gripping his chin in my hand, I pulled him close to my face and kissed his lips.

"Thank you, for everything. I'm sorry that I worried you."

"Don't be sorry. I know that if you could help it, it wouldn't haven been that way." I sighed and kissed him again. He scrunched up his nose and made a face.

"What is it?" I asked.

"You taste like chicken."

I giggled and punched him playfully in the arm.

"I'm sleepy, but I need a shower."

"You can take a shower tomorrow. Go to sleep. I'll be right here."

"Okay."

He took the bowl from me and pulled back the covers. I did the same, and we rested our heads on his pillow.

"Goodnight Autumn. Sleep well."

"Goodnight Ash. Thank you again."

He turned to his side to get the light and kissed my forehead before falling asleep. I watched him for a good thirty minutes then I feel asleep myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello everyone! How goes it? I know it's not Tuesday, but I don't really care. Here's this chapter. Thank you for reading, and I love you all!